• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom: The Movie stills.. Yep.

Zeo

Banned
doom10.jpg

doom2.jpg

doom3.jpg

doom4.jpg

doom5.jpg

doom6.jpg

doom7.jpg

doom8.jpg

doom9.jpg

doom1.jpg

http://www.darkhorizons.com/2005/doom.php If the pics don't show.

Well, it looks uh.. generic?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I expected it to look far worse when I clicked on this thread

This isn't the Doom movie! There are a bunch of <i>people</i> in all these pictures. Doom was this great videogame about one guy running around killing demons! Hopefully someone decides to make a movie about it someday.

shinokou said:
This isn't the Doom movie! There are a bunch of <i>people</i> in all these pictures. Doom was this great videogame about one guy running around killing demons! Hopefully someone decides to make a movie about it someday.

I assume the monsters will be special effects added in later.

Mupepe

Banned
Good god, I wonder what the budget is for this POS. Chances are, whatever it was went to satisfy "The Rock." And yes, it looks generic. And I agree with the post that said, this is not Doom. I hate Hollywood.

P.S. And those guns look like shit.

I was making a facetious joke about the presence of far too many people in the movie, considering the fact that it is based on a game centered around the idea of a single grunt taking on hordes of enemies.

Anyway, I hope they put The Rock in Doom 4!!!

GhaleonEB

doom5.jpg

Man, that gun looks generic. Looks like the movie is trying to copy the visual style of Aliens, but just can't do it.

Vasquez-1.jpg

"Let me show you how to hold a real gun. You wimps can go home now."

FightyF

Banned
What? They don't look futuristic. Where are the Plasma Rifles? This is gonna be worse than Superman Returns!! Went there.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Sho Nuff said:
Doom Guy doesn't have a face...and his only dialogue is "UNGH" and "AAYYYYYIIIEEEAUGGHHHHH"

Yes he does have a face its in the freakin avatar on the bottom. He looks like a heavier hardcore BJ Blazkowicz from Wolfenstein. He wears his mask all throughout the game though.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
Yes he does have a face its in the freakin avatar on the bottom. He looks like a heavier hardcore BJ Blazkowicz from Wolfenstein. He wears his mask all throughout the game though.

Oh shit that's right! I'm retarded.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Sho Nuff said:
Oh shit that's right! I'm retarded.

I know what you mean though the Doom hero is in a sense faceless because he's just some regular joe not some super soldier. In fact the way the story went you were just the freakin "radio guy" who was supposed to stay outside but then you hear your comrades being ripped to pieces so you go inside to try to find any survivors. At least that was the story text in the Help file iirc.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
at least they're smart enough to put flashlight attachments to the gun

:lol

The Bloodrayne stills look so much worse. But that's not exactly surprising.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Docpan said:
Wow... Was that comic SUPPOSED to be laughably bad?

Damn, the panel art wasn't half bad but whoever wrote the Doom guys dialog should be castrated multiple times. I could rewrite the bubbles and make that comic worthy of the Doom name. The doom guy wouldn't talk as much as just thinking things 1000mph about the overwhelming situation he's gotten himself into and trying to keep his sanity while staying alive killing his undead comrades. THATS what Doom is the Fuk about.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Docpan said:
Wow... Was that comic SUPPOSED to be laughably bad?
Ever read the original story script for the first Doom game? ;)

Shaheed79 said:
The doom guy wouldn't talk as much as just thinking things 1000mph about the overwhelming situation he's gotten himself into and trying to keep his sanity while staying alive killing his undead comrades.
That's if you're thinking about it from a 'real life' point of view, which is giving the game story more credit that it even gives itself.
But consider for a moment what "you" - the player, were thinking when going through those situations. IMO the comic actually captures the core of the original game experience perfectly - in all its comic absurdity.

Docpan

YOU'RE STUPID! AND YOU'RE GONNA BE STUPID AND DEAD!

DANCE, DANCE BONEDADDY!

I'm the man! I'm superbad!

....Seriously, there isn't one panel where he doesn't say something completely fucking lame. Except for the Army of Darkness rip-off.

Anyanka

I'm sort of hyped. I've pretty much given up and accepted there's not going to be a real Doom movie, so just seeing something sort of like Doom is at least a little cool. The MK and RE movies didn't follow the games exactly and they were pretty fun.

Borys

Banned
Nice but DOOM: The Movie has been already made! (under another title)

e07wl.jpg

e10cg.jpg

e28sp.jpg

e38rm.jpg

e31zh.jpg

Abandoned space station? Check.
Hellish (yup, 7 years in real Christian hell!) zombies and monsters? Check.
Guts, satanic symbols, and lots of gore? Check.

While watching it I kept telling myself "This IS a Doom movie".

If those are stills from the movie and not making of shots...... :| The cinematography is shit. Looks like a generic action movie. Should've steeped it highly in shadow.

Wafflecopter said:
If those are stills from the movie and not making of shots...... :| The cinematography is shit. Looks like a generic action movie. Should've steeped it highly in shadow.

They're production shots, not movie stills... Still looks like shit though.

J2 Cool

The generic action movie is better than some shit Hollywood's putting out. I'll take it. Don't expect much but it's not looking.. ehem.. fantastic-ly bad or anything. Don't see much drive in making a movie for Doom though, they'll have to find their own inspirations in the script written for this flick. The guy's 1st written script too, whoever wrote this. So either he'll try really hard to impress or he could throw up some crap. Who knows. Either way, it's Doom... What are they attempting here?

Top Bottom