• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom: The Movie stills.. Yep.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Oh Rock, why do you do this to yourself? Hold out for a decent script for once in your life!

golem said:
event horizon rocks... well actually its pretty disturbing.

The first half of Event Horizon was probably the greatest 1/2 of a sci-fi film ever made... If only it didn't fall apart in the second half....

That has to be some of the worst composition I've seen in quite some time. I can't fully express how ungodly horrible that lighting looks.

Mashing

Ghost said:
Oh Rock, why do you do this to yourself? Hold out for a decent script for once in your life!

While I agree with you on that concerning this movie, go watch The Rundown for a great script and acting. Goodmovie.

The gun in the pictures is a H&K G36.. nice to see that in the future, technology hasn't advanced very much in the way of firearms.

I'd post a pic, but I'm at work, and all the sites I found on google are blocked as "weapons" and I don't feel like giving everyone around me the impression I'm trying to search for weapons so I can shoot up my work... heh

Just search for hk g36 and you'll find a ton of pics

CrunchyB

Ah, but it stars Rosamund Pike. HoT!

ddkawaii said:
The first half of Event Horizon was probably the greatest 1/2 of a sci-fi film ever made... If only it didn't fall apart in the second half....

Quoted for truth. After the utterly brilliant first half it suddenly turned into a mediocre slasher movie.

manngc

Event Horizan is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. If someone is looking for a scary movie I always recommend that one...

Mann

Mrbob

BFG mothfuckas!

doom-20050701063051303.jpg

Zer0

Banned
LakeEarth said:
If everyone but the Rock dies, so he's on his own for like the last 30 minutes, that would be acceptable.

i have read that the main character its other than the rock,the rock transforms on a evil deity or something similar

Ark-AMN

Banned
Event Horizon is definately scary

Sam Neil stars in some WTF movies, another was Into The Mouth Of Madness.

Ark-AMN said:
Event Horizon is definately scary

Sam Neil stars in some WTF movies, another was Into The Mouth Of Madness.

he's a great actor, very unhollywoodest if you ask me, the mouth of madness is a great little movie from carpenter when he still made good movies that is......

cs060mk2

Maybe the ones who make this shit should play the games first. There are no flashlights in Doom (I dont count Doom3 because thats not a Doom game, Doom 3 is a horror simulator of some sort intended to scare the player and has a Doom name). Where are the green armor? where are the guns from the game? Where are the fucking Doom guys helmet, Where are the fucking dual shotgun, where are fucking ANYTHING from the game?!

Vieo

Pretty crappy. They don't look like Space Marines at all. Looks more like a generic swat team from a late 90's movie.

It would have been better if the Rock did Predator 3. =)

LakeEarth

cs060mk2 said:
Where are fucking ANYTHING from the game?!
Welcome to videogame "based" movies.

To make a good videogame based movie, you need a balance between a good exciting story and pleasing the fans of the game. So far no movie has found the balance though MK got close. They either go too far trying to include stuff from the game (MK:Annihilation, Resident Evil 2), include some plot points but none of the characters or events from the game (Resident Evil 1) or include the characters but none of the plot points or events from the game (Double Dragon, Street Fighter)

Pimpwerx

Oh dear. Rock...don't do this to me. For the sake of his career, I hope this movie turns out great. I really, really don't think so though. :( PEACE.

GhaleonEB

ddkawaii said:

Agreed. Seriously scary sci-fi suddenly turned into a gross-out. It was so close to being just as good and intense as Alien.

Gek54 said:
Looks like the same guy from Riddick?

Because that IS the guy form the Chronicles of Riddick (just without the WWF body). He was also in Lord of Rings: Thw Two Towers, and the rival assassin in the Bourne Identity. Too bad I can't remeber his name now (leaves work early to go home and re-watch Riddick and Bourne). ;)

belgurdo

Banned
doom8.jpg

"Yup, when the monster closets pop open you know who the first person these motherfuckers are gonna send in is. I knew I should have stuck with the motor pool"

Xenon

belgurdo said:
doom8.jpg

"Yup, when the monster closets pop open you know who the first person these motherfuckers are gonna send in is. I knew I should have stuck with the motor pool"

I was thinking the same thing except it was

doom8.jpg

"Yeah I'm the black guy who gets killed in this movie, you got a problem with that!

The lighting and production design looks awful.

The Doom Movie was also already made in Ghosts of Mars, that is probably much closer to the original source material than Event Horizon.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
It's almost like they took 90% of what made Doom "Doom" and they completely changed it. Flashlights on the gun? Doom contains no such logic!

Top Bottom