• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon’s Dogma, DMC Director Hideaki Itsuno Next Project Is An Open-World Running On RE Engine; RE3 Remake Feedback Will Be Taken Seriously For RE4

Saber

Gold Member
Lmao at RE4

Can't wait to see RE4 defenders went mad because their precious game gets a remake.

In others news, gonna pretend they take feedback seriously. Prepare for a RE4 short version.

Kuranghi

I take it the feedback about RE3make was the length and removal of areas/puzzles? I really do wish there were more puzzles but then I think they wanted to make it into a chase movie, so slowing down to solve puzzles for an hour wouldn't really be appropriate.

If it had a couple extras areas, enemies, guns and puzzles I'd be happy but I also really loved what I played and then replayed 6-7x.

Kimahri

Banned
I need more Dragon's Dogma like I need blood in my veins.

Bring it!

Also, I really like that they're not doing dlc, but rather just churning out games. Dlc sucks, bring me a complete product I can sit down and enjoy start to fin8sh.

I take it the feedback about RE3make was the length and removal of areas/puzzles? I really do wish there were more puzzles but then I think they wanted to make it into a chase movie, so slowing down to solve puzzles for an hour wouldn't really be appropriate.

If it had a couple extras areas, enemies, guns and puzzles I'd be happy but I also really loved what I played and then replayed 6-7x.
Yeah, people loved RE2make because it kept the core of RE2 intact while making some changes that felt in line with the original's creative intent. RE3make felt like a completely different game than RE3.

killatopak

Wait what. Resi 4 is getting a remake?? That's fucking incredible 😍

Why aren't more people hyped about this? Resi 4 with a new engine and controls would be the greatest game ever made.
After RE3 how can you be hyped.

Don’t get me wrong I love the RE3 Remake but I would say calling it a remake is a stretch. It completely changed how RE3 is supposed to be. A more faithful remake would be RE2.

People are simply more cautious now.

What if my RE3 feedback is "Code Veronica is the real RE3"?
into the trash.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Take feedback seriously?
Well they obviously wasn't taking it seriously with RE8

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This is fantastic news. One of my favorite directors. And I personally think his talents were a little wasted making another DMC. It's a great game, but it's been done before. New IPs would be great, or the 1st sequel to Dragon's Dogma.

brian0057

Banned
I'll be a happy camper if they cleave off the fucking Gears of War island, shorten the castle, and make the village longer.

OG RE4 is one half of a masterpiece. I'm hoping the remake makes it a full masterpiece.

BlackGauna

Who is that Dusk Golem guy and why are his tweets posted here all the time and taken as truth?

The news in itself is good if true but that little "know it all" fucker dusk Golem talks shit all day long. We should seriously stop posting any news that comes from him.

Yeah, I agree.

LarknThe4th

I really hope they take that criticism seriously, Resident Evil 4 is their Sgt. Pepper and if they fuck it up it will stain them

Kumomeme

as much i hope this is true, and this guy has reliable record regarding capcom, but my gut wont believe him anymore.

Hudo

I can't wait! Dragon's Dogma is one of my top 10 games ever. It's also the reason why I never really got into any of the Soulsborne games because each time I tried, I kinda went back to playing more Dragon's Dogma, lol (good games but apparently not for me).

GHG

I was interested when I saw the title then I realised its from this bullshitter.

Still waiting for Silent Hill.

sublimit

Banned
IbizaPocholo next time you make a thread about what that fake-ass "insider" said please write it in the title (like "Dusk Golem said bla blah"). Thanks.

Last edited:

yurinka

Don't believe Dusk Golem, he had some legit info but also has been super wrong with many Capcom games like Street Fighter. What he said about Itsuno maybe it's just his guess watching the properly leaked Capcom lineup for the next 4-5 years (not by him, but by some hackers), the fact that several recent Capcom games use RE engine and some oficial info we already knew like this:

x@3f*oo_e!

Same person

• PS5 having trouble doing 4k60, series doing fine (before consoles release) ..

• Silent Hill being made by Sony Japan, PS5 exclusive

Z6qsFrS.png

• Swicth Pro is coming too
Dude's reach is huge ..

These named leakers with snippets of info and no real meat are a pita

Astral Dog

We all know its Dragons Dogma 2 after the leaks (and because Itsuno hinted it was going to happen after DMC5)

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
I absolutely love that the ditch DLC in favor of more games. I finish a game, I hardly ever go back. The only time I might play DLC is when I get a complete thing on sale. I just never fell like going back once I'm done.

Exciting news from Istuno and Capcom if true! I dunno how RE4R might turn out but hopefully it's great! I'm not expecting it to surpass the original but I'll try to keep an open mind with it

Top Bottom