• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Players are convinced an Expansion is coming

Draugoth

Gold Member
dragons-dogma-2-dlc-expansion.large.jpg

As outlined on Reddit, many players are convinced that the game itself points towards an inevitable DLC. For starters, the open world RPG makes numerous references to a 'northern country', be it in character dialogue or item descriptions. It's the kind of breadcrumb trail that developers have been leaving in games for generations

On top of that, the title appears to be missing some key monsters — monsters that have weapon and armour designs based on them, but aren't actually present in the game. The main example of this is the hydra — a repeated boss enemy in the first Dragon's Dogma. The multiheaded beast simply doesn't show up in the sequel.

And then there are the ancient doors. Dotted across the map, these entryways are currently blocked off with either rubble or earth — but it really feels like they should lead to something. Now, it's possible that these doors are just remnants of cut content, but it's easy to see why players think they're teasing additional adventures, given their respective locations. Indeed, some of them lead toward the edges of the open world. It should also be noted that a 'leak' regarding Dragon's Dogma 2 DLC did the rounds recently — but it came from a completely unverified source, and has since been swept to one side.

Enjoyed it immensely until i hit the 25-30hr mark. The gameplay loop and lack of enemy variety ran pretty thin by the time i got to Batthal. I'll wait on the expansion, hopefully that gets me to finish the game and buy it

Last edited:

Bond007

I thought their was a leaked timeline of releases and a DD2 DLC was a given.
Coulda been fake- but i been operating under the assumption that it was legit and coming.

Dragon Princess- Nov 2024. I dunno

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Game needed a few weeks more dev time, that's for sure. Buggy, performance is shit......but still somehow still fun as hell to play. Wise to wait for more patches.
Yeah, that's what it seems like reading the OT. I'm a giant fan of the first game. I'm just kind of enjoying playing stuff I already own at the moment, but I will for sure get this later.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Load screens and weapons reference Daimon, Hydra, Lindworm and a load screen speaks of a ancient forgotten nation to the north of the continent.

Load screen states "The north of the continent is said to be home to an ancient nation, but records of it's existence are scarce, and there has been no contact with its people for over a century".

Could mean the Elves but I doubt it.

Given the supposed leak rumor with the "Dragon Princess", Capcom surveying for DLC, and ingame references to other monsters not present within the game itself, load screens referring to an ancient nation I think DLC is pretty much a given at this point.

Would be neat if they opted to make a expansion to tie into DDO or at least bring more monsters from it. I think additional biomes like a Snow Area or a complete underground zone would be pretty hype.

Gojiira

I thought the exact same thing when I found a caved in door in a otherwise tiny cave, felt really odd to just have a random door in a innocuous single room cave..
Pretty sure dlc is coming though, hopefully something that adds some actual dungeons

tmlDan

Would be nice if it's free, the game definitely feels unfinished, like its a prototype.

Just kidding about it being free, id buy one, just disappointed with the latter half of the game.

Gojiira

I mean, that would be an easy way to entice people to buy the DLC. I can already see it being teased.
I would love the Hydra to return, really hoping we get some of the more complicated enemies again like a Gazer. Be cool to get a Basilisk too and obviously the Cockatrice should return. Maybe more Egyptian inspired creatures to go with the Sphinx like Sobek of Bastet.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh I see you didn't get the true ending...

Man Grandmother GIF

I was watching some YT videos after beating the game and noticed a couple where folks stopped at the standard ending cause they didn't figure out / know how to get to the true ending.

And was pleasantly surprised that it leads to a pretty expansive RDR2 style epilogue when I got there first time.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I was watching some YT videos after beating the game and noticed a couple where folks stopped at the standard ending cause they didn't figure out / know how to get to the true ending.

And was pleasantly surprised that it leads to a pretty expansive RDR2 style epilogue when I got there first time.

If it wasn't for the OT, I would have missed it. Hell, I also relied on the save manager mod or I'd have to wait until my second playthrough to see it. I loved the end game.

Last edited:
It's typical of Capcom the past few years. Games take super long to make now. They need certain tentpole games to bookend/ anchor their fiscal year. So we get somewhat incomplete games where they release the rest of it (yes, DLC) a few months later. It happened with MH Rise as well. Particularly for a core MH title, that game was unquestionably incomplete at launch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom