• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drake vs Kendrick Lamar

badblue

Gold Member
The Rap Beef might be getting real

The victim, an adult male, sustained life-threatening injuries in the shooting and was rushed to hospital, where he remains. Police initially said his injuries were serious, but later described them as life-threatening. He was standing outside of the home’s front gates when shots were fired from a vehicle which then fled the scene, police said.

Police could not say whether Drake was home at the time of the shooting.

Insp. Paul Krawczyk told reporters at the scene that the suspect, or suspects, involved in the shooting fled the scene in a vehicle, the description of which has not been released by police. Investigators are currently reviewing video footage of the incident, he said.
Police are in contact with Drake’s team and Krawczyk said they are cooperating with the investigation.

The shooting comes amid an escalating rap beef with Los Angeles rapper Kendrick Lamar. Drake and Lamar released a number of diss tracks aimed at each other over the weekend, which included unsubstantiated allegations and personal insults.

Asked about a possible link between the shooting and the recent war-of-words, Krawczyk said it’s too early to tell if there is a connection.

“It is so early in the investigation that we don't have a motive at this time,” he said.

Last edited:

DosGamer

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Reaction videos as if this pedo shit isn't new. Show bissssss bae.

Get rap.d manipulated blackmailed etc and you WILL make it. And damn. Ya made an oopsie.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I knew this would boil over into some street shit. Beef needs to end now. These Kendrick fans are crazy. Vandalizing stores, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was some wild Kendrick fan who shot Drakes security either.

Looking at the Reeeeee thread on this, they are fucking cult-ish. Absolute insanity.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Says a lot about where people's interest lies anno 2014.

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

I knew this would boil over into some street shit. Beef needs to end now. These Kendrick fans are crazy. Vandalizing stores, etc.
I agree that the above is too far.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was some wild Kendrick fan who shot Drakes security either.
The shooter being a Kendrick fan needs confirmation first.
Looking at the Reeeeee thread on this, they are fucking cult-ish. Absolute insanity.
Why bring a website that no one likes into this topic of conversation as proof of anything? They are who they are and Gaf is Gaf. How many years must people here care and be upset over the purple guys? 5 years? 10 years? 20?

I don’t know how people aren’t tired at this point from looking over in their direction. It sort of gives merit to the fact that a lot of people online just go around looking for stuff to piss themselves off.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
The Rap Beef might be getting real

Last week someone in Toronto shot one of The Weeknd's security guards. This is probably related to that, either payback because Drake's crew was involved or just someone trying to rob them both (Drake has had armed robberies at his place before).

Kendrick isn't putting out international hits on people. It's possible it's just a sympathizer taking shit too seriously but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Represent.

Finally someone with sense and not influenced by social media hot takes. This was a clear body for drake. I don't know how anyone can say Kendrick won, with a bunch of fake ass info about some made up girl lol. His diss tracks were pure lies.

People are only saying he won because he... responded quickly.

If we're being real, he didnt even respond.

He didn't respond to any of the allegations drake made.

Drake dropped Family Matters, and then kendrick ignored, it and called him a pedo. Without actually responding to the shit drake said in his track. People thought it was funny and delcared him the winner.

Bar for bar, drake cooked him.
Factual bars, better songs, better beats, no gimmicks.

Drake won. Enough of the bullshit.

Last edited:
No one can say ‘factual bars’ when neither side has posted any actual receipts other than rapping ‘you did this’ and the other person saying ‘nuh uh, no I didn’t I planned it all!’ in a poetic way.

Represent. Represent. BearNecessity BearNecessity if it makes you feel better, we will go against public opinion and say that Drake won…so now what?

There’s still a gigantic pile of trash in front of us, and people are digging through that trash finding more and more evidence and anti-evidence on both sides. Why does Kendrick’s fiance’s brother follow and rooted for Kendrick during this battle(on twitter) when Drake claims Kendrick is beating his sister? Why does Drake keep finding himself over the years in these situations where he is speaking with random girls who are strangers to him, between the ages of 13 and 17?

It is contradictory stuff like this that makes everything so messy. It’s why people online are either ignoring it or going down deep rabbit holes to try and defend their side.

Last edited:

Thaimasker

Finally someone with sense and not influenced by social media hot takes. This was a clear body for drake. I don't know how anyone can say Kendrick won, with a bunch of fake ass info about some made up girl lol. His diss tracks were pure lies.

Drake dropped Family Matters, and then kendrick ignored, it and called him a pedo. Without actually responding to the shit drake said in his track. People thought it was funny and delcared him the winner.

Those same guys said MGK beat Eminem.
Kendrick and Ems bars go over their head for some reason.

Kendrick didn't ignore family matters but the general public largely did after MTG and especially NLU.

Winning rap beefs aren't about defending yourself with lines about being too famous to do sick things which the vast majority of people see the logical fallacy in.

I hope that drake actually comes hard with another track so we can get the 5 Kenny has in stock instead of leaving us on the whimper of TH6

Edit: so it's looking like future is about to make this messy again with a mixtape on the 10th lol

Megan is also dropping that same day. The breakfast club did say Kendrick is about to feature with someone but I'm doubtful

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Gold Member
Last week someone in Toronto shot one of The Weeknd's security guards. This is probably related to that, either payback because Drake's crew was involved or just someone trying to rob them both (Drake has had armed robberies at his place before).

Kendrick isn't putting out international hits on people. It's possible it's just a sympathizer taking shit too seriously but I doubt it.
There's not enough money on Earth that would make me want to be a rapper's bodyguard.

Last edited:

No one thinks Drake won outside of you and this guy you’re posting. Big surprise you found this on /r/Drizzy, and then trying to say he’s unbiased lol.

Kendrick has a summer hit that's got everyone singing along to calling Drake a paedophile. Drake came back with, "Hey man I knew you were gonna call me a sex trafficker and a paedophile, the guys that set that shit up and fed you the information are clowns, also, that guy was me, 4D chess, I'm a clown and I got the world calling me a paedophile on a massive hit, you lose bro."

Last edited:

Kar

No one thinks Drake won outside of you and this guy you’re posting. Big surprise you found this on /r/Drizzy, and then trying to say he’s unbiased lol.

Kendrick has a summer hit that's got everyone singing along to calling Drake a paedophile. Drake came back with, "Hey man I knew you were gonna call me a sex trafficker and a paedophile, the guys that set that shit up and fed you the information are clowns, also, that guy was me, 4D chess, I'm a clown and I got the world calling me a paedophile on a massive hit, you lose bro."
I also think Drake win this by a mile.
Kendrick rehashed old twitter talking points mixed with made up shit and the personal hatred was so palpable.
Drake was a lot more to the point, the diss actually had rhythm and the song was just better, also the disses were more shocking because it was stuff we never heard off.

Kendrick rehashed old twitter talking points mixed with made up shit and the personal hatred was so palpable.
Drake was a lot more to the point, the diss actually had rhythm and the song was just better, also the disses were more shocking because it was stuff we never heard off.
Drake's other tracks are pretty good. I'm not a fan, he's a creepy cornball, but those were pretty good. The Heart Pt 6 is fucking terrible and that's where he lost completely.

Last edited:

Kar

Drake's other tracks are pretty good. I'm not a fan, he's a creepy cornball, but those were pretty good. The Heart Pt 6 is fucking terrible and that's where he lost completely.
Yeah I was mainly talking about Family Matters, that shit was fire.
Kendrick can go ahead and enjoy the current public opinion which is pure garbage, it was like that for Jay Z too when Nas destroyed him back in the day.. the masses are a bunch of idiots.
History will favor Drake on this.

Last edited:
Yeah I was mainly talking about Family Matters, that shit was fire.
Kendrick can go ahead and enjoy the current public opinion which is pure garbage, it was like that for Jay Z too when Nas destroyed him back in the day.. the masses are a bunch of idiots.
History will favor Drake on this.
I could be wrong, but I don’t think history will favour drake for anything.

SF Kosmo

If you think rap battles are just supposed to be TMZ scoops, then I question if you are really a hip hop fan.

Like yes, if true, the revelation that Kendrick hit his wife would be more of an upset to Kendrick's public image, but "everyone already knew Drake was a predator, sex, criminal, culture vulture, deadbeat dad who lives his life doing a fake accent" isn't really the point for Drake that you think it is.

If anything, it's why Kendrick won, he's saying things that everyone already believes. It resonates and gives voice to stuff a lot of people have been saying for years.

Drake had one good shot in this battle, Family Matters, where he tried to imitate Kendrick with some multi-part song and some of the most proficient rapping he's done for a while, and a slick produced video. And that might have tipped the scales but we all know what happened next.

Kendrick deflected it with a devastating, slow burner that dropped thirty minutes later, and then he did what no one expected and out-did Drake at his own game, by putting out a summer anthem dance-rap banger. And that's a masterful play.

Last edited:

Kar

If you think rap battles are just supposed to be TMZ scoops, then I question if you are really a hip hop fan.

Like yes, if true, the revelation that Kendrick hit his wife would be more of an upset to Kendrick's public image, but "everyone already knew Drake was a predator, sex, criminal, culture vulture, deadbeat dad who lives his life doing a fake accent" isn't really the point for Drake that you think it is.

If anything, it's why Kendrick won, he's saying things that everyone already believes. It resonates and gives voice to stuff a lot of people have been saying for years.

Drake had one good shot in this battle, Family Matters, where he tried to imitate Kendrick with some multi-part song and some of the most proficient rapping he's done for a while, and a slick produced video. And that might have tipped the scales but we all know what happened next.

Kendrick deflected it with a devastating, slow burner that dropped thirty minutes later, and then he did what no one expected and out-did Drake at his own game, by putting out a summer anthem dance-rap banger. And that's a masterful play.
I didn't say that everyone already knew Drake was any of these things, the twitter mob and react videos you watched probably did.
I said Kendrick rehashed some twitter talking points mixed with made up shit.
There are many twitter talking points about celebrities, so what? 99% of it is nonsense.

SF Kosmo

I didn't say that everyone already knew Drake was any of these things, the twitter mob and react videos you watched probably did.
I said Kendrick rehashed some twitter talking points mixed with made up shit.
There are many twitter talking points about celebrities, so what? 99% of it is nonsense.
Again, you seem really hung up with this idea that there needs to be some "new" dirt, and not stuff that people have been saying for years and is widely believed by at least a good chunk of the audience.

That doesn't work, especially if you have no receipts. It's really the opposite. Drake isn't getting cooked because he might have abandoned two kids and not one, he's getting cooked because he's a Canadian child actor who puts on a fake American black accent and has a long established pattern of being creepy to underage and barely legal girls.

Last edited:

Represent.

Without a response fans are turning on Kendrick. Even Millie Bobbie brown and Bella Harris coming after kendrick fans.
Drake got this for now.

Nothing but FACTS.

Said it much more eloquently than I ever could.

But his fans will just deny and ignore, that's what they do.

Place him on the biggest pedestal, he can do no wrong, doesn't have to answer to anything. Lol.

As time passes, over the years, when the hype of that little song dies down, and people actually LISTEN to each song... Drake will be declared the winner. I put money on it.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Megan's "Hiss" dis track for a few months back was both a banger and genius... "You're not mad at me, you're mad at Megan's Law"... That ETHER'D Nicki Minaj...

Drake hasn't put anything THAT clever out in years! Certainly not recently. Kendrick is on a whole other level with being a battle rapper and now more mainstream but still lyrically dominant.

SF Kosmo

Megan's "Hiss" dis track for a few months back was both a banger and genius... "You're not mad at me, you're mad at Megan's Law"... That ETHER'D Nicki Minaj...

Drake hasn't put anything THAT clever out in years! Certainly not recently. Kendrick is on a whole other level with being a battle rapper and now more mainstream but still lyrically dominant.
Drake's never going to win a battle on bars alone, that's not what he's good at and there are really only a handful of people out there who can write like Kendrick. Maybe if J. Cole stayed in this.

What Drake can do is write a song that gets the whole club moving and singing along, and there's a real power in that. That's how he won against Meek Mill.

But instead he tried to meet Kendrick on his turf, Family Matters was 100% him trying to do a Kendrick-style track with all the beat switches and flow changes. And it was better than most people give Drake credit for but still fell short of Euphoria.

And then Kendrick flipped it on him by putting out Not Like Us, which is just this sing-along anthem that is obviously gonna go to #1.

SF Kosmo

Nothing but FACTS.

Said it much more eloquently than I ever could.

But his fans will just deny and ignore, that's what they do.

Place him on the biggest pedestal, he can do no wrong, doesn't have to answer to anything. Lol.

As time passes, over the years, when the hype of that little song dies down, and people actually LISTEN to each song... Drake will be declared the winner. I put money on it.
People only remember the finishing blows. People remember Ether, they remember Back to Back, they remember Story of Adidon, they remember No Vaseline.

And they'll remember Not Like Us. That's it, man. The rest of the drama no one is gonna sit there and go over, let alone reevaluate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom