• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dry Shampoo: Women's best kept secret...

BossLackey

Gold Member
Maybe I'm late to the party, but I recently started using my wife's dry shampoo spray and it's blowing my mind.

I never really considered it before, but if I'm running late for work and don't have time for a shower (and I'm feeling clean) I'll just spray some of that on my greasy head and...the grease is gone and I can just put some product in my hair and I look the same as if I took a shower.

I guess I knew that's what it did, but it never really felt like an option.

Game changer.

BossLackey

Gold Member
In addition - Diapers are a baby (and elderly person's) best kept secret. Get one and you can be in the bar giving it large with the boys and not need to worry if your fart leaks a poo or if you can't get to the bathroom quick enough for a weewee

That's a great tip. I'd love to just have a dump wherever is convenient.

I can't tell you how many times I could have used a diapee in the middle of a movie.

Dural

IDK, my hair is so greasy after a day not washing it that I can style it like I have pomade in it. Plus I just don't feel right going anywhere without taking a shower first. My wife has really dry hair so she's never had a dry shampoo to put in it, she puts conditioner in instead to add some grease.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
Set your alarm 5 minutes earlier..... your ass, balls and pits still stink.
Yeah, if you get straight to business a shower is taking you 5-10 minutes tops. How do you not have time for this? Why would you ever be "running late" for work in the first place? Get your life organized OP and you won't need dumb shit like "dry shampoo"

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I use a conditioner like product from the brand "African Pride" It's the best long hair after shower product I've used since recently.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The grease particles are still there, though.

Blue Collar Grease GIF

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah, if you get straight to business a shower is taking you 5-10 minutes tops. How do you not have time for this? Why would you ever be "running late" for work in the first place? Get your life organized OP and you won't need dumb shit like "dry shampoo"

I'm of the opinion one shouldn't put chemicals on their skin/hair on a daily basis. Once a week is more than enough.

Unless your that diaper dude

Cold af shower squad..

ASSEMBLE!

Confused High Quality GIF

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Men products: YOU WILL WASH WITH THESE CHEMICALS THAT HAVE SCENTED MOUNTAINS AND THUNDER
Women products: heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey use our 100 vitamins, naturally made product ^_______________^
yeah but you seen how our hair turn out, glorious women need a lot of stuff men, we use what ever...but I want to use some of my wife's stuff too lol

BossLackey

Gold Member
Set your alarm 5 minutes earlier..... your ass, balls and pits still stink.

If I'm doing this, I usually have taken a shower before bed the night before. But my hair is so oily that by morning time, it's gross.

And of course I use deodorant.

Believe me, I'm highly cognizant of my odors as I'm terrified to smell bad. If that's even remotely possible, I take a shower.

GloveSlap

I'm with you OP. I have longer hair so i only wash it every other day or it will get dried out, but it can get a bit too oily on the 2nd day. I've heard that spray dry shampoo is bad for though so i use either a bit of corn starch or a styling powder.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I tried my fiancée’s dry shampoo a while back and was kind of blown away by how well it worked. I’ve used it a couple times since then, but I think she started hiding it from me 😂

BossLackey

Gold Member
What in the fuck is dry shampoo?

It's powder (now most often in a spray can) that essentially "eats" oil. So you can spray it in your hear, work it for like 2 seconds, and it looks like you recently took a shower and have little oil in your hair.

You can then style it like normal with product or leave as is.

It's magical.

nush

Gold Member
I had cold showers exclusively daily for two and half years.

It made zero difference, other than I dreaded having a shower in the winter.

That prickly feeling you get after dressed maybe 20 minutes later is awesome TBF.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I've never heard of it. Which is weird because my wife basically collects shampoo and conditioner. We must have like $500 worth of stuff from her high-end saloon in our bathroom. Hell, she has stuff in our closet that she never even bothered to use, but spent like $20 on it.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I had cold showers exclusively daily for two and half years.

It made zero difference, other than I dreaded having a shower in the winter.

Wow we have about the same starting point!

You know, I agree.

I read it does but perhaps it's just your scalp and it's actual difference is not much. Or at least hardly noticable.

Or It's difference is so minute hence I don't notice it.

What in the fuck is dry shampoo?

It's shampoo but dry. Pretty self explanatory "Doctor Morris"

Wink Hello GIF by Studios 2016

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Wow we have about the same starting point!

You know, I agree.

I read it does but perhaps it's just your scalp and it's actual difference is not much. Or at least hardly noticable.

Or It's difference is so minute hence I don't notice it.

It's shampoo but dry. Pretty self explanatory "Doctor Morris"

Wink Hello GIF by Studios 2016
But water wet!!

👀

Anyway, I asked around, seems a few of my mates use it too. Guess I'm not metrosexual enough :messenger_loudly_crying:

Top Bottom