• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSense Edge controller announced

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Who hurt you?
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Esca

Fucking finally. So but. I was so angry that back buttons weren't on the dualsense (but I expected it mostly)

Sorry, didn't know I needed to ask your permission to enter a thread and state my opinion.
giphy.gif

Oh rubbish, no need to bring gatekeeping into things. You know what you're doing and I'd rather you be bold and just claim that you're doing it. Have a little fun.

Like anything else there is an opportunity cost - time, resources and money are put towards something like a new controller. All of that, especially the money, could be put towards the development of new games.
I suggest doing research into the multiple facets of how an industry titan like Sony actually functions, instead of thinking that A takes away from B which takes away from C. It's not that simple.

But hope you enjoy the controller if it's something you're actually interested in.
I'll need to try it first, but at first glance it looks like a nice improvement that people were waiting for.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
We've had lists like this every year for the last 3-4 years and time and time again the vast majority of releases are a disappointing buggy mess while only a handful of games actually deliver.

Historically Sony have tended to deliver but it seems like they would rather focus on chasing the nonsense Xbox/Microsoft are doing instead of simply staying in their lane and delivering.

I don't give a fuck about more controllers, the one packaged with the console is more than good enough, give us more games.
You:

maxresdefault.jpg

David B

An Idiot
Hell yeah the sticks are closer together, the touch pad is smaller, there's grips added to the triggers, there's 3 sets of sticks, and 3 levels for the triggers to press down! OMG!

Roxkis_ii

Looks almost the same.
Dualsense is already good.
But I will feel not ok putting 150 (or whatever it is) for a controller with built-in lion battery. These things just age and die pretty quickly.
And paddles are too much
To be fair, the battery is easier to replace then most electronics.

Fake

Looks ugly, but hope is functional. Back button was supposed to be on Dualsense day one, but anw.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Feeling a bit ripped off that my $70 didn't already include a 2600mah battery.
Still looks interesting, will but one if they don't overprice it. ($99? would be nice, but I doubt it, even maybe settle at $120)
To be clear, the Elite II is overpriced, I don't want to see this here too.......

Last edited:

skit_data

Don’t know if I like the name ”Edge”, seems a bit unnecessary to name it something so specific.
How many products are called ”Edge” now btw?
Galaxy Edge, Microsoft Edge, Playstation Dualsense Edge…
A simple ”Dualsense Pro” would’ve worked just fine.

Anyway, it looks absolutely great. Feels like the aestethic of the PS5 hardware eco system grows on me more and more despite the relatively skeptical initial impression of the console itself.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
oh shit.....Only two back pedals....and whats with the over engineered analogue stick switching mechanism.

I dunno, not sold on this now. Seems like a shame.

OZ9000

Banned
GIVE ME A FUCKING CONTROLLER WITH REMOVABLE AA BATTERIES YOU TWATS

My Eneloop batteries last me forever when playing games

Honestly the perfect controller would be the Dualsense with AA batteries. That's all I want.

The Xbox controller is fine for PC games but I hate asymmetrical joystick/DPAD.

Last edited:
GIVE ME A FUCKING CONTROLLER WITH REMOVABLE AA BATTERIES YOU TWATS

My Eneloop batteries last me forever when playing games

Honestly the perfect controller would be the Dualsense with AA batteries. That's all I want.

The Xbox controller is fine for PC games but I hate asymmetrical joystick/DPAD.
I will never understand why people want to put batteries into a controller. I have never ran out of charge on my controller while playing a game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Good luck finding any kind of replacement for your gamepads built-in batteries in a few years.

OZ9000

Banned
I will never understand why people want to put batteries into a controller. I have never ran out of charge on my controller while playing a game.
I use rechargable Eneloop batteries and they have a superb battery life in my Xbox controller. I can play games for days without charging.

The DualSense requires charging after 6 hours of use.

Built in batteries are the absolute worst.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
It's beautiful. Sticks are always the weakest link making them easily replaceable is a great call. Absolutely getting at least one at launch, I hope in time for Ragnarok

I use rechargable Eneloop batteries and they have a superb battery life in my Xbox controller. I can play games for days without charging.

I also don’t get why people play for that long without breaks anyway. I walk away and put the controller on charge.

demigod

Who came up with this stupid shit?

The reason for paddles is to not have your thumbs get of the sticks. Why does this controller have two extra buttons underneath the sticks for which you actually get your thumbs off the sticks to press them. Makes zero sense.
Because those 2 buttons below aren’t paddles. They are FN(function buttons).

Can the paddles be used as additional buttons?

GT7 for examples has more inputs than available buttons.
Those paddles seem to be new RB and LB buttons. I doubt you can use it as additional buttons unless the game is updated for it.

Dualsense battery sucks ass for long sessions. Anyone gaming on PC just get yourself an 8bitpro 2. Mappable 2 button paddles with like 20hours of removable rechargeable batteries using usb-c.

This thing will cost $199 at least.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed

I think the issue is more the Dualshock 4 and Dualsense having terrible battery life. My DS3, Wii U Pro controller, Switch Pro controller and Elite v2 last for a week or so at a time with moderate to heavy use.

It’s a non issue for me because I play at a desk and have a USB C connected at all times for my Elite v2, MS wireless headset, Switch pad etc.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Good luck finding any kind of replacement for your gamepads built-in batteries in a few years.
? It’s more like ‘I hope you’re competent enough to open your pad and change your battery in 5-10 years’ which will be a non issue for 99% of people who will be on the Dualsense 2 by then.

Top Bottom