• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSense Edge controller announced

Like the regular DS, it's too big for me (and has a few others problems compared to DS4). On PS5 I use a DS4 whenever I play a PS4 game. Seriously that PS4 controller was perfect for me, I am so pissed with the changes they made on the Dualsense.

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
The dualsense edge is in black and white. Duh.
No Way Reaction GIF by Originals

HTK

Banned
Like the regular DS, it's too big for me (and has a few others problems compared to DS4). On PS5 I use a DS4 whenever I play a PS4 game. Seriously that PS4 controller was perfect for me, I am so pissed with the changes they made on the Dualsense.

You must have small hands, in any case I do believe they should allow DS4 to be used in games on PS5. In fact I think they should support both controllers or maybe even bring the DS4 in line with DualSense in terms of the haptic triggers but keep the shell as DS4.

Gamerguy84

What do people want these for? Competitive gaming or something?

I think the DS is perfect and I have 4 of them no stick drift.

Like what is your reason person reading this?

once i got an xbox elite controller i stopped playing shooters on playstation.
never having to take ur thumbs off the analog sticks is a better way to play and makes more sense. It makes u realize that games are actually made to allow us to do all these things, but the controller is holding you back.

HTK

Banned
never having to take ur thumbs off the analog sticks is a better way to play and makes more sense. It makes u realize that games are actually made to allow us to do all these things, but the controller is holding you back.
Yep, I've realized this long ago when playing Mouse and Keyboard and then going back to a controller. There were things my brain wants me to do but my input device (controller) was holding me back.

It will be nice to be able to map more buttons to the paddles.

For example in elden ring, the crouch button was tied left analog stick and if you didnt want to accidentally crouch while running for your life (or dismount your horse in the middle of a fight ) you had to map it to something else which meant I lost one of my other functions.

Same issue i had in horizon with having to scroll with a ton of shit in my item inventory while playing. I’m also excited for the ability to just replace the analog sticks if they drift cause they really shit the bed with the drift issue this gen

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Personally, i've kinda turned my eye towards the Victrix Pro BFG. If the dpad is actually good in that controller then that's the route im going to take. It would have resolved the issues I have with fighting games on PS5(PS5 versions) and allow for me to use my controller asymmetrically at all times when it comes to the dpad and thumbsticks . It sucks it doesn't have DualSense features but I wasn't planning on getting rid of my other DualSense controllers anyway.

Last edited:

First reply is perfect plus throw in trigger stops so you just barely bump the trigger to fire a gun in game

michael fassbender perfection GIF

David B

An Idiot
Personally, i've kinda turned my eye towards the Victrix Pro BFG. If the dpad is actually good in that controller then that's the route im going to take. It would have resolved the issues I have with fighting games on PS5(PS5 versions) and allow for me to use my controller asymmetrically at all times when it comes to the dpad and thumbsticks . It sucks it doesn't have DualSense features but I wasn't planning on getting rid of my other DualSense controllers anyway.
I already pre-ordered the Victrix Pro BFG on Amazon. It's the first official Sony supported 3rd party controller. It has 3 plus pads, + {+} and the [_] one, it has 2 different sets of sticks, and of course it can be the playstation arrangement way on the face or the Xbox way or you can set it up as fight pad with the 4 buttons and L1 R1 buttons on face as well. It's so customizable!

Imtjnotu

I already pre-ordered the Victrix Pro BFG on Amazon. It's the first official Sony supported 3rd party controller. It has 3 plus pads, + {+} and the [_] one, it has 2 different sets of sticks, and of course it can be the playstation arrangement way on the face or the Xbox way or you can set it up as fight pad with the 4 buttons and L1 R1 buttons on face as well. It's so customizable!
does it use the sense motors? and do the triggers have feeback?

just looked this thing up and it looks amazing

Imtjnotu

coming from the nacon revolution pro v3 on my ps4 to having no back buttons on ps5 has been killing me in games especially FPS

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Looks cool af. Doesn't have gyro though.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots

I'm like the exact opposite, really disliked ps4 controller, and find the ds5 controller to be way better in almost every regard.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I'm glad that it's ultra-customizable. I was worried that all we're gonna get is just some regular-ass customizable controls.

cormack12

Gold Member
Want this to come out sooner. The scufs are like 220 and I need to replace my ds due to shitty trigger.

Holding on desperately

Larxia

Judging from this article probably not - https://www.shacknews.com/article/132604/victrix-pro-bfg-preview-twitchcon-2022

But damn what a neat controller, I love the modular way you can swap sticks/buttons etc. Really cool

Does this also use the exact same sticks as PS5 / Xbox / Switch? If so then it's still not worth it in my opinion to put that much money in something so unreliable. Between the drift, the random other issues like spring click noise, sticks that suddenly don't feel smoth and kind of "stop" and click when you rotate them, it's awful. I can't stand these modern current analog sticks we have.

Mephisto40

I'm on my 3rd PS5 controller since launch, the analog sticks fail so easily, so I think i'll be buying one of these just to keep for myself to use and just use my old ones for when my friends come over

It wouldn't be so bad if the controllers were easy to take apart like the PS4 controllers, but it's so easy to break stuff in the PS5 controllers if you try and take them apart, the ribbon cables are like paper, they just tear in half if you aren't careful

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I'm on my 3rd PS5 controller since launch, the analog sticks fail so easily, so I think i'll be buying one of these just to keep for myself to use and just use my old ones for when my friends come over

It wouldn't be so bad if the controllers were easy to take apart like the PS4 controllers, but it's so easy to break stuff in the PS5 controllers if you try and take them apart, the ribbon cables are like paper, they just tear in half if you aren't careful
gamer ps4 GIF

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Having your thumbs stay on the sticks while your back buttons let you sprint or jump is helpful in high intensity games (mostly multiplayer).

Now that everything is crossplay with KBM users, every little bit helps.

Having your thumbs stay on the sticks while your back buttons let you sprint or jump is helpful in high intensity games (mostly multiplayer).

Now that everything is crossplay with KBM users, every little bit helps.
Whats funny is the rise of controller use in COD especially.

I saw a stat that the top 20 COD earners money wise 18 of them use controller because of how strong aim assist is for close battles.

Then there are a few tricks to even make aim assist stronger

But back to this controller, where is this thing or even more info on it?

awkward pulp fiction GIF

Topher

Gold Member

I saw a stat that the top 20 COD earners money wise 18 of them use controller because of how strong aim assist is for close battles.

awkward pulp fiction GIF

That's what I want to know. No price. No release date. Just left wondering for weeks on end. Sony is getting really good at killing hype.

Tams

I still can't get over only two back paddles/buttons.

And I wish Nintendo would add four to the back of their pro controller. The 8BitDo Pro 2 could also do with two more.

HTK

Banned

awkward pulp fiction GIF
As I'm on Mouse and Keys this comes to mind how degusting Aim Assist is:

Topher

Gold Member
I still can't get over only two back paddles/buttons.

And I wish Nintendo would add four to the back of their pro controller. The 8BitDo Pro 2 could also do with two more.

I only ever used two on my Elite Series controllers. I map them to L3 and R3. What do use the others for?

amigastar

Hey there,
got a question. Do i need the Loading station with the DualSense Wireless Controller or can i use the controller with cable on my PC?
Are there any disadvantages when using cable instead of bluetooth on PC?

Last edited:

Banned
Hey there,
got a question. Do i need the Loading station with the DualSense Wireless Controller or can i use the controller with cable on my PC?
Are there any disadvantages when using cable instead of bluetooth on PC?

there are actually advantages for using the Dualsense wired.

pretty sure it has a higher polling rate in wired mode on a PC

Top Bottom