• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dune II has been delayed to 2024 thanks to the strike

MaestroMike

Gold Member
gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

yes :messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Agreed. It was an incredible movie.

Obligatory:

Prime Virginia Madsen as Princess Irulan means it's an instant win for me.

One of the most disappointing casting choices in the latest Dune adaptation, other than Zendaya, was Florence Pugh as Irulan.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
I would argue the exact opposite. He stuck out as a sore thumb in a bad way.
He was just acting as himself, not as a character in a movie, and that really took me out of the movie.
It's clear they only hired him to sell some tickets. Not because of his acting skills.
For me what took me out of the movie was its horrific soundtrack comprised of screaming banshees. Who thought that was a good idea? Every fucking 5 minutes, another screaming choir of banshees to wreck ones ears. It reminded me how a bad soundtrack can make even a good movie hard to sit through.

Jsisto

For me what took me out of the movie was its horrific soundtrack comprised of screaming banshees. Who thought that was a good idea? Every fucking 5 minutes, another screaming choir of banshees to wreck ones ears. It reminded me how a bad soundtrack can make even a good movie hard to sit through.
Wow. To each their own I guess. It’s hard for me to imagine a better soundtrack. One of my favorite of all time and a masterpiece as far as I’m concerned. Flows perfectly with the movie. Zimmer never misses.

Eiknarf

So Dune 2 is done and ready but they’re not gonna release it in November because??? Why? Just to be in solidarity with the strike?

That’s dumb. Maybe change the name to Dumb 2 instead of Dune 2

And what if the strike ends next week? What if it ends tomorrow? Would they keep the November release?

Last edited:
Can you imagine her sitting through a 3 hour movie in that thing lol
I’m sure that was very comfortable to sit the whole movie through.
Usually when someone wears an unconventional outfit like that to the red carpet, they take them into wardrobe right after to change into a different one.

It’s mainly about getting the photos and footage. Once the person is inside there’s no need to wear it, especially if it’s a movie and not an award show.

I've been reading Dune Messiah for the first time and to add to the weirdness

Dune Messiah Spoilers

A romance between Ilia and Zombie Duncan Idaho

That's certainly something

Love the weirdness though

jason10mm

Gold Member
I've been reading Dune Messiah for the first time and to add to the weirdness

Dune Messiah Spoilers

A romance between Ilia and Zombie Duncan Idaho

That's certainly something

Love the weirdness though
The 60's produced some of the most wacky sci-fi and fantasy. Before Star Wars and LOTR really nailed down those genres into ossified tropes there was a TON of experimentation and creativity.

Just imagine an Elric series really leaning into the weirdness and drug culture it came from. Or the bizarre elements Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle were writing about that wasn't just transplanted human cultures into a space war setting.

The 60's produced some of the most wacky sci-fi and fantasy. Before Star Wars and LOTR really nailed down those genres into ossified tropes there was a TON of experimentation and creativity.

Just imagine an Elric series really leaning into the weirdness and drug culture it came from. Or the bizarre elements Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle were writing about that wasn't just transplanted human cultures into a space war setting.

Oh I'm loving the weirdness of the Dune books so far

Also I recently got the all the Elric books by Micheal Moorcock. I'll be reading those either this year or next year

Top Bottom