• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2: Stay Human Official Review Thread

The 7 from ign and 6 from gamespot kinda close the deal on this being a great game.
Yeah too bad that IGN and Gamespot are irrelevant these days though. I never bother with what they have to say. They live on their name and usually give out shit opinions anyways. Gamespot was way better back in the day when Greg Kasavin and Jeff Gerstman were there.

IGN likes to plagiarize others work as well and then try to hide it. Remember all that drama with Dead Cells?

Last edited:

john2gr

According to that IGN review this game is a buggy mess. This is why I don’t preorder and wait for reviews.

Depends on when IGN played the game. A 25GB patch came out for the PC review code two days ago. But I guess it's better to have a review than, you know, actually playing and testing the launch version...

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
sXdgHsT.png

dHR8i0I.png

That's great to read. You get what you pay for.

Lognor

Banned
This is better than I thought it would be, but not good enough for me to spend money on. Game Pass when?

GymWolf

You serious? They hire freelancers to write reviews. If I told you that your GOAT is 6 to me, would in change your opinion on the game?
I was ironic, i give 2 fucks and a half about reviews, i already paid for the game months ago and i'm super hyped about it.

I was shitting on ign and gamespot dude, i thought it was clear...

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah too bad that IGN and Gamespot are irrelevant these days though. I never bother with what they have to say. They live on their name and usually give out shit opinions anyways. Gamespot was way better back in the day when Greg Kasavin and Jeff Gerstman were there.

IGN likes to plagiarize others work as well and then try to hide it. Remember all that drama with Dead Cells?
Jesus is my humor completely fucked or people has their sarcasm sensor completely broken today...

Stuart360

The first game is 74 on MC. And that's one of my favorite games. My sleeper GOTY 2015.
I didnt realize the MC for the first game was so low. The first game always seemed to be one of those 'Alien Isolation' type games last gen where nearly everyone seemed to like it, and it would be in many peoples top 10's of the gen.

Last edited:
Jesus is my humor completely fucked or people has their sarcasm sensor completely broken today...
Well its a bit hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic or not sometimes without a :p in the sentence. Sometimes it is not, I thought you were serious and was one of the IGN/Gamespot zealots so who knows? There are a lot of sheep here like that lol.

hlm666

That's great to read. You get what you pay for.
have you seen anything about pc performance anywhere? He seems to be implying the pc version is in a good state.

edit: these guys are polish developers and this is an nvidia sponsored game right? ...........

Last edited:
Same as Dying Light 1 which btw is amazing. Technical issues get fixed and story wise, did not expect it to be better than the cringe that was the first one. Gameplay carries this amazing game above and beyond. Playing it day 1 or 2 or 3 when I have the time.

J3nga

I was ironic, i give 2 fucks and a half about reviews, i already paid for the game months ago and i'm super hyped about it.

I was shitting on ign and gamespot dude, i thought it was clear...
Oh ok, good to know you didn't shit out your brains 😄 Hard to get sarcasm through text sometimes

Game Informer gave it a 9.5 lol

Scores are all over the place

I watched IGN and Gamespot reviews, and much of the criticism was there in the first game: terrible voice acting, meh story and etc.

And the first game was one of my GOTG

Every review, even the ones giving it a bad score are praising the traversal system, so thats good enough for me

I'm very excited for it.

You either missed or purposely left out IGN's lengthy paragraph about the game's plethora of breaking bugs, with multiple hard crashes and reboot on the PS5, XSX and PC, game safe corrupts and just plain genuine fear that the staff had of not being able to finish the game. That is egregious, and Dying Light 2 shouldn't be released until those major issues have been fully resolved.

GymWolf

Well its a bit hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic or not sometimes without a :p in the sentence. Sometimes it is not, I thought you were serious and was one of the IGN/Gamespot zealots so who knows? There are a lot of sheep here like that lol.
How can you think that i'm serious when i say that 6 and 7 are equal to a greqt game for me?! Especially when i talk qbout ign and gamespot, 2 of the most trolled vg media out there?!

It's like when people say that if patcher announce something, it is usaully the opposite.

Next time i'm gonna put a smile or something.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

GeekCulture: 8.5/10.0
IGN: 7.0/10.0
Techraptor.net: 7.0/10.0
MMoRPG: 7.0/10.0
ShackNews: 7.0/10.0
GamesRevolution: 6.5/10.0
Digital Trends: 6.0/10.0
PcgamesN: 6.0/10.0
Gamespot: 6.0/10.0
WePc: 4.5/5.0
VG247: 4.0/5.0
NME: 3/5
VGC: 3/5
Gamerant: 2.5/5.0
Fuuuuuuuu it's not a purchase worthy score.

TIGERCOOL

I feel American gaming journalists are on the majority not gonna like the writing. Its soo euro jank in that nature.
weird that IGN criticized the main character as being devoid of personality despite being little more than a vessel for player choice. Wonder how you make a character like that satisfying for said reviewer... maybe throw in the odd quip about the modern social political climate? Make Aiden a female POC with a trendy sidebuzz? Of course if he is forced to play as an Aiden, "like all the Aiden's before him" - in his words - he needs at the very least a healthy dose of self-hating rhetoric or some problematic tendencies for us to wag our fingers at. These tropes are expected in modern North American storytelling and the symptoms of withdrawal are often evident in their absence.

Alebrije

This game is a must if you enjoy zombie action games....the 8 means nothing for a zombie hunter since it seems this is the best zombie game these days...

Zobies + city to explore + tons of weapons = great..

And also the parktour element ..

It seems this game will be better than 1 ..looks good.

Last edited:

hlm666

Just like Metro Exodus. Do you have more/better screenshots or the site where we see some comparissons?
That screenshot was from dictators twitter, only other thing ive seen so far is this.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Last edited:

Hugare

You either missed or purposely left out IGN's lengthy paragraph about the game's plethora of breaking bugs, with multiple hard crashes and reboot on the PS5, XSX and PC, game safe corrupts and just plain genuine fear that the staff had of not being able to finish the game. That is egregious, and Dying Light 2 shouldn't be released until those major issues have been fully resolved.
Well, it havent been released yet

There will be a day one patch fixing thousands of bugs, suposedly

So we will see

Last edited:

kyussman

Gonna wait for the complete edition.....what was it they said,five years of support....ha,ha....gonna be a long wait for me then I guess.

Stop trying to down play their opinion just because they both gave a game you liked a bad review. I am sure you would care about their reviews if they give the game a good score.
Depends on when IGN played the game. A 25GB patch came out for the PC review code two days ago. But I guess it's better to have a review than, you know, actually playing and testing the launch version...
Still don't buy it, did you see the long list of bad reviews so far?

Guess people didn't learn from Cyberpunk.... Remember they had a huge day one patch too :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:
Stop trying to down play their opinion just because they both gave a game you liked a bad review. I am sure you would care about their reviews if they give the game a good score.

Still don't buy it, did you see the long list of bad reviews so far?

Guess people didn't learn from Cyberpunk.... Remember they had a huge day one patch too :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I really could care less if IGN gives game a 9 or a 10. I am not 12 lol. I am simply stating facts.

I am not really sure why you are being so aggressive for no real reason? Did you not get your candy today? Seems like it.

Long list of bad reviews? Metacritic is around 80. If you consider 80 bad then you have issues son.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah, it is worth notice that the game was in gold state in dic 1, so they had literally 2 months of fixes in the day one patch.

Did journalist played with the day one patch (that for final clients is gonna be out on release day)

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
One dialogue from gamespot review, at 2:44

.. « I must have overcalculated the voltage»

Really devs? Really? Underestimated maybe? It if was overcalculated, the goat wouldn’t be grilled. And current grills, not voltage.

Dialogue is already 1/10 for me
Grill yourself with the arc welder and then come back. Or better, try to fry yourself on the PC motherboard, whole 100A with whole 1.1V there.

I know you are technically almost half-right (W = A x V), but it's the energy which grills.

I don't who tried to simplify it like that, but it simply does not work like that.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

Oh give me a break. They played the product TECHLAND gave them and did so according to their editorial needs.

. . . you can critique game reviewers all you want, but them not wanting to replay the game with a late in the review cycle patch is perfectly fine.

hlm666

Games without some for of raytraced lighting look bad now. Now that I've seen the flaws in the old methods they are glaring do me. The main one is dynamic objects like characters and npcs not being lit properly compared to their fixed surroundings which has its lighting baked.
Sooner everything moves to RTGI the better.

That screenshot was from dictators twitter, only other thing ive seen so far is this.

Thats quite the performance hit and theyre playing on a 3080TI... fucking hell but the difference is staggering, it's like 2 different art styles. RTGI is really not ready for current hardware especially not if its unoptimized. Damn I want to play it on, maybe I can lock it to 60 at 1440p with DLSS on performance and some sharpening on my 2080. If not I'll just play without it. :c

Top Bottom