• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2: Stay Human Official Review Thread

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I understand what he's saying, just not why that would be the case. It's not like this is Crysis.

Because it's clearly not optimised well for consoles, he's not exactly the weird one for saying that, it's on the developers. It's Cyberpunk again which was another "PC PC PC Game".

DeaDPo0L84

What the hell does that even mean? How is this a "PC game through and through"? He's so weird.
PC centric developer and the game has features like ray tracing which are exclusive to PC. Plus it's pretty obvious he's trying to say that the game was heavily developed with PC hardware in mind, not consoles which is why there'll be sacrifices made to get it to meet certain standards on consoles.

Stuart360

I think people are being harsh on Alex, although he is a PC Master race guy. From what i understand most Polish dev studios (and someone correct me if i'm wrong) are very PC centric, and mainly make PC games that are ported to console, as oppose to how it is with most games released today that are made for consoles then ported to PC.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
What the hell does that even mean? How is this a "PC game through and through"? He's so weird.
Primarily developed with PC in mind?
If hes gonna be spending a bunch of time on the PC version it must mean its chock full of features and settings which would require alot of time.
If he was to split the time on doing console comparisons and a PC tech overview we might only get the video a long while after launch.

It just means hes doing a PC centric video first.
Maybe other members of DF will do a console video or the console video will come a bit later.

Hugare

I think people are being harsh on Alex, although he is a PC Master race guy. From what i understand most Polish dev studios (and someone correct me if i'm wrong) are very PC centric, and mainly make PC games that are ported to console, as oppose to how it is with most games released today that are made for consoles then ported to PC.
The game has a bunch of interesting RT features, but apart from that, it doesnt look like its doing anything extraordinary

And this is not PC exclusive. This is multiplatform. So of course the console versions should be analyzed.

So what he is saying is just dumb

I have nothing against Alex like most do, the guy is smart and makes some excellent videos for DF.

But his PC fanboysm is just too much sometimes.

I bet that he will be making the PC video, and Tom Morgan will be analyzing the consoles versions.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

First one was great fun to play but never was a looker in the first place.

I understand people are hungry for Next-Gen™ graphics but I doubt Dying Light will be the answer specially with...

...Horizon on the horizon.
csi miami GIF

Black_Stride

The game has a bunch of interesting RT features, but apart from that, it doesnt look like its doing anything extraordinary

And this is not PC exclusive. This is multiplatform. So of course the console versions should be analyzed.

So what he is saying is just dumb

I have nothing against Alex like most do, the guy is smart and makes some excellent videos for DF.

But his PC fanboysm is just too much sometimes.

I bet that he will be making the PC video, and Tom Morgan will be analyzing the consoles versions.

Of course the console version should be analyzed? (why?)
And what mandate does anyone have to force Alex to do a console video.

If he thinks the PC version deserves its own video its his prerogative to do a PC centric video.

Its Incredibly entitled to mandate him to do videos you want.

Maybe one of the other members of DF will do a console video, but Alex feels the PC version of the game has enough shit going on that it deserves its own video.

Remember we never got a Pshychonauts video because John just wanted to enjoy the game without needing to think about work.
Again thats his prerogative.
They dont actually owe us anything.
Especially if we are just gonna shit on their videos as soon as they are published.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

The fact that he still willingly posts on that cesspit of a site, when they tried to cancel him, is far from endearing.

Black_Stride

The GTX 1060 finally being put out to pasture.
Damn.
I didnt think it would come this early in this generation.
All_16x9_3.png

Heck recspec is finally an RTX 2060.
The fact that he still willingly posts on that cesspit of a site, when they tried to cancel him, is far from endearing.
Sauce?

Inviusx

First one was great fun to play but never was a looker in the first place.

I understand people are hungry for Next-Gen™ graphics but I doubt Dying Light will be the answer specially with...

...Horizon on the horizon.
csi miami GIF

I want it like this:

Framerate > Resolution > Graphics

To me, DL2 does not look next gen visually. So if I can't get a stable 60 with a decent resolution (atleast 1440p). I'm out.

I did 7 years in the 1080p salt mine, no more!

A Spanish website already has the analysis and it does not leave it very well.

“Dead narrative”

I have no clue who these people are. I normally stay away from unknown websites like that. I would not take their opinion seriously.

DonJorginho

Banned
First Leaked review comes from The Independent in the UK!

I managed to find the cached version, won't copy and paste it here as don't want to get them in any trouble with embargos, but know the review is very positive, highlighting how the narrative choices actually have impact and how the game ran pretty smooth on PS5 barring some non game breaking bugs like Aiden clipping through barriers and attaching himself to ledges randomly.

8/10 was the score they awarded the game.

Last edited:

thatJohann

I have a feeling this game will be just like every game released nowadays. Rushed, unpolished, full of bugs, with devs promising months of bug fixes, etc. I’m jaded at this point.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I don't think Alex or John post here anymore. I like DF a lot but this place was too much for them to handle.

During the exodus and next gen hype every person who had any knowledge was basically run off from here due to insufferable warriors from every side.

On topic

I am a bit bummed the performance mode appears to be a lower res than I'd like but I'll still be playing it.

PS5 Gameplay on Performance Mode!

Resolution a bit soft but textures looking good and framerate stable, FOV is so-so but the patch post launch will sort that.

I sent an email to my Techland contact and they replied within 2 minutes and confirmed to me they will be striking down every leak and thanked me for it :) Idiots like these are stealing views from others/or stealing videos from other channels that are leaking and are ruining financial gain for those who are actually working hard. Fuck them.

Strike is A LOT worse than a Copyright claim. Copyright claims just demonetize your video and you can't make money. If you get 3 strikes though, your channel is banned forever.

Last edited:

Salz01

PS5 Gameplay on Performance Mode!

Resolution a bit soft but textures looking good and framerate stable, FOV is so-so but the patch post launch will sort that.

Has it been confirmed what resolution PS5 is running at in Performance mode? Is it 1080p?

DonJorginho

Banned
I sent an email to my Techland contact and they replied within 2 minutes and confirmed to me they will be striking down every leak and thanked me for it :) Idiots like these are stealing views from others/or stealing videos from other channels that are leaking and are ruining financial gain for those who are actually working hard. Fuck them.

Strike is A LOT worse than a Copyright claim. Copyright claims just demonetize your video and you can't make money. If you get 3 strikes though, your channel is banned forever.
Charlie Day Reaction GIF

BelatedFancyElephantbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Perrott

Gold Member
I have no clue who these people are. I normally stay away from unknown websites like that. I would not take their opinion seriously.
Unknown website? Dude, they are *literally* the biggest Spanish videogame website in the world.

Last edited:

KaiserBecks

Snitches get stitches.

GymWolf

Green rat spotted.

just fucking with you :lollipop_squinting:

Draugoth

Gold Member
GeekCulture: 8.5/10.0
IGN: 7.0/10.0
Techraptor.net: 7.0/10.0
MMoRPG: 7.0/10.0
ShackNews: 7.0/10.0
GamesRevolution: 6.5/10.0
Digital Trends: 6.0/10.0
PcgamesN: 6.0/10.0
Gamespot: 6.0/10.0
WePc: 4.5/5.0
VG247: 4.0/5.0
NME: 3/5
VGC: 3/5
Gamerant: 2.5/5.0

GeekCulture: 8.5/10.0
IGN: 7.0/10.0
Techraptor.net: 7.0/10.0
MMoRPG: 7.0/10.0
ShackNews: 7.0/10.0
GamesRevolution: 6.5/10.0
Digital Trends: 6.0/10.0
PcgamesN: 6.0/10.0
Gamespot: 6.0/10.0
WePc: 4.5/5.0
VG247: 4.0/5.0
NME: 3/5
VGC: 3/5
Gamerant: 2.5/5.0
What a mixed bag. People's taste must be shit, this game deserves far more than 6's....

thatJohann

oh man as I expected, full of critical bugs, hard pass, bummer cause I was really looking forward to this, but I have zero patience to be a bug tester right now.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

One dialogue from gamespot review, at 2:44

.. « I must have overcalculated the voltage»

Really devs? Really? Underestimated maybe? It if was overcalculated, the goat wouldn’t be grilled. And current grills, not voltage.

Dialogue is already 1/10 for me

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I honestly figured that with the development woes alone this would land somewhere between 7-8. I definitely wanna check it out, but I'm in no rush to do so.

Top Bottom