• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008: The Thread (central information aggregate, see OP)

jacobs34

It's starting to feel a bit like Christmas Eve, I remember the first time Bioshock was demoed for about ten minutes on Gamespot's live show. It quickly became my most anticipated game ever, and boy did it live up to the hype.

I can't wait to get another look at Fallout 3 and see more footage of Far Cry 2.

Zoe

Hmm... middle of the day during crunch time at work...

Does anybody know if a Slingbox takes up more bandwidth than the live streams?

Zilch

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
What do you mean? You need to press right on the arrows since it's showing the current week by default :p

Your calendar says that MS' conference is 2:30am PST and 8:30am EST tomorrow. Does that make any sense?

edit: I assume you're european, making a mistake like that :p

yoopoo said:
You should recheck the times on ALL the events :lol
Hum, Google Calender handles the times zones weirdly oO, it's fixed now.

Zilch said:
Your calendar says that MS' conference is 2:30am PST and 8:30am EST tomorrow. Does that make any sense?

edit: I assume you're european, making a mistake like that :p
I am, but that wasn't the problem. I have the calender set as PST time, and then on the webpage I have it show as PST times, so basically he just did -5-5. Kinda odd cause the only way to make the red marker showing the current time work is to screw up the original calender.

Right now the times are correct red Marker is not showing the current times for the different zones. I'll see if I can fix that.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Amir0x said:
There's a few reasons, but I'm sure you'll understand when they're done.

Oh, am I silly: you don't want to have to ban endlessly because of the meltdowns, and you don't want to suffer awkward moments from whatever conference (say, X-Mote unveil, Nintendo boasting, etc.), do you?

I think I can understand that.

[EDIT] So, Animal Crossing Wii unveiling, then?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Will 1Up Yours have a podcast every day?

Teknoman

I know this has nothing to do with E3 itself, but why is CST always left out when it comes to naming the major time zones?

Shawn128

I think you guys should sticky this thread at the top of the gaming forum if its meant to be a table of contents/portal of sorts to the smaller individual discussions. Maybe even a title addendum to help make posters aware so they're not repeating things in other threads.

Just throwing that out there.

Cocopjojo said:
Will 1Up Yours have a podcast every day?
I seem to remember them mentioning a 1UP Yours or 1UP Show everyday. They should be announcing their E3 plans today. I am off to the pool to catch some sun before I must retreat into my cave to keep this thread up to date!

HolyStar said:
Why was this locked then Unlocked? Was it to keep the post count down of unnecessary posts or something?

Yes.

Anyways, I've cleaned my HDD in preparation for all of the videos that will be coming out. :D

I've cleaned out the 360 drive as best I could. Time to Bring it on Home :D

I hope Sony has some good stuff to deliver demo wise this week as well.

Diablos

Amir0x said:
There's a few reasons, but I'm sure you'll understand when they're done.
:lol

Amir0x knows something we don't about upcoming games and announcements?

Forum politics?

Denis Dyack makes an anti-GAF speech at E3?

Chrono sequel really does take place in Ivalice with a modified gambit system?

:eek:

MMaRsu

Banned
Ahh that's fucking right, I need to clear HDD space on both my PC and 360.

Thxx also bookmarked ^_^

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Amir0x said:
I have work during all the conferences, but it's kind of a relief. I don't want to be around for it this year.
I see the first good E3 announcement is out already!

Just arrived at my hotel. Going to go and buy some batteries for the audio recorder. Oh and food, I am kind of hungry after the 14 hour flight.

Good times.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Anyone know where all the conferences will be hosted after they do them live? I have work so i wont be able to see them until later. Im hoping i can just download or stream the recording without having to read news stories.

FirewalkR

Brianemone said:
Just arrived at my hotel. Going to go and buy some batteries for the audio recorder. Oh and food, I am kind of hungry after the 14 hour flight.

Good times.

Don't forget to post all the info you uncover, including the NDA'ed stuff. :)

My expectations this year are pretty low. As long as I get to see Splinter Cell Conviction, Alan Wake, and possibly skate 2, I'm happy. Anything else is just a bonus.

Amir0x

Banned
Roders5 said:
I see the first good E3 announcement is out already!

i'm sure you've been around long enough to know that around E3, all I've ever done were those giant fucking megathreads.

To me it's like a vacation! But don't worry, Roders5, now I am going to specifically make sure I come around to ban you. Don't slip up! Ho ho ho!

I'm hoping this E3 will have some major surprises (Fzero DS anyone?), but really, I'm hoping for some massive meltdowns. E3 2006 was just too awesome :lol

Lo-Volt

Amir0x said:
I have work during all the conferences, but it's kind of a relief. I don't want to be around for it this year.

Me too, and I sympathize. It means I don't have to deal with the rapid-fire responses that make it hard to read the sites and I can just go home and get the news that came out of it. But, at least for GAF peons like myself, it also means I miss the sick fun that sometimes ensues.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I'm not going this year :(

I made the decision to not go a month+ ago... and it was fine, but now that its tomorrow I'm really sad... NOT TO MENTION... I was just given 2 tickets to see The Dark Knight premier Thursday in L.A. and I won't be there ::sigh::

Amir0x

Banned
Lo-Volt said:
Me too, and I sympathize. It means I don't have to deal with the rapid-fire responses that make it hard to read the sites and I can just go home and get the news that came out of it. But, at least for GAF peons like myself, it also means I miss the sick fun that sometimes ensues.

I just hope that this thread is updated accurately and conveniently. It'd be nice to come home for a change and someone else has it all neatly tied up instead :lol

I imagine tomorrow's Microsoft conference won't be amazingly interesting considering how many leaks there have been. But who knows!

scoobs

Man this sucks E3 couldnt have started on a worse day for me. I'm working til' 5 then going to see the dark knight in IMAX... Gonna miss all the fun.

Weenerz

Banned
1up plans on having 500 podcasts per day to discuss the events that they are missing because of all of the podcasts they are making.

methodman

Banned
scoobs said:
Man this sucks E3 couldnt have started on a worse day for me. I'm working til' 5 then going to see the dark knight in IMAX... Gonna miss all the fun.

... you're going to see Dark Knight 4 days early and still complaining? wtf?!

Top Bottom