• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2024 & E3 2025 have been reportedly cancelled

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
sad-blackish.gif

Neon Xenon

Fine by me. I'd rather have individual shows and direct streams than E3. Preferably, with little to no skits, but still.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I mean the last 3 or 4 were pretty crappy anyway. Nothing like the 90s and early 00s

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I'd be nice to have some sort of big celebration, but maybe not as extravagant as E3. I went 3 times. It's sort of exhausting. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the pageantry.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
We don't need it anymore. Now the companies can do it online and stuff. But it was better when we had a real E3. There was more energy in the air..

phant0m

I just want the PlayStation Experience to come back.

Or for 1P / AAA to come back in a big way at PAX events

Last edited:

peronmls

No new IPs. Just remakes and remasters. There is no point in E3. There is no competition or anything interesting to show off anymore to warrant such event. Companies are to afraid to spend money. I miss the 2000s already.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No new IPs. Just remakes and remasters. There is no point in E3. There is no competition or anything interesting to show off anymore to warrant such event. Companies are to afraid to spend money. I miss the 2000s already.
There is a big point to E3.

We'll never see another session Sony hires an old white guy to pretend he's Japanese playing a flute. Just imagine the musicfest Ghost of Tsushima 2 could have.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I told you it was dead.

But this could be just them speculating that it will be canceled. Not that it is officially canceled. But smart to plan for it to be cancelled.

Lol they dont have to be accountable to have something cool to show on a yearly timescale anymore.

Damn why do people insist on making things less fun. Reminds me of when best buy stopped letting people play games in stores lol just simply less fun

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Such a piss off. They all had a show within a few days of each other anyways. Why not pull together and do a big thing?

It would help everyone.

Top Bottom