• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA has a shitty deal with Disney?

ThisIsMyDog

All the games EA has released so far under Star Wars license were productions they didn't want to put much money into.

1. Battlefront 1, we all remember how little content it had.

2. Battlefront 2, the same thing at the release, then after many additions they made up for it somehow, but I still think that the game didn't get the right budget at least at the beginning.

3. Jedi: Fallen Order, very good game, but it took a lot of backtracking to fill the ~10 hours of playing.

All these productions imitate high-budget games because they were made in AAA studios and were based on backtracking tricks or did not have much content.

4. Star Wars: Squadrons, the latest example, although this time EA clearly admits that it is rather a medium size production.

So I wonder if EA doesn't believe in Star Wars or just has to give too much of the revenue to Disney and it is not profitable enough for them to invest a lot of money in these games.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
EA got the licence in 2013, before the new movies, and they've got 3 years left. I don't think we know the terms, though.

Star Wars is underperforming across the board. Episode 9 barely took more than Rogue One and actually took less in the states. 20% drop from Episode 8. People are getting fed up of it.

Kokoloko85

EA has shitty deals with everyone.
Looking forward to the day Fifa decided they want someone else to make there football games. Probably never will happen but EA sucks so bad

I'm going to jump in here and say..... it is difficult to work with Disney. I think the Lucasarts studio pre-disney acqusition was super lenient on stuff, and what is canon and what isn't. And allowed the dev teams to make all kinds of weird stuff. Thing is with Disney, you have to keep double, triple and quadruple checking them what is ok for the brand.

sol_bad

EA got the licence in 2013, before the new movies, and they've got 3 years left. I don't think we know the terms, though.

Star Wars is underperforming across the board. Episode 9 barely took more than Rogue One and actually took less in the states. 20% drop from Episode 8. People are getting fed up of it.

Have a look at box office totals for all 11 films across the board and say the above again with a straight face. When adjusted for inflation, episode 4 and 7 are the only films that over performed and Solo is the only film that under performed.

Also, I loved the "back tracking" in Fallen Order, it felt "old school".

Stuart360

Battlefront 1 sold over 20mil copies, and Battlefront 2 was at 13mil a while ago. Jedi Fallen Order has been huge.
I think it was just time constraints, not money constraints. The first Battlefront was made in 1 year, the 2nd game 2 years later, with a Battlefield in between.

Allandor

Star Wars was always somehow bad for gaming companies.
High license costs -> low profit

And then it is also not assuring people really buy that. There are many star wars fans around the world, but not so many that really play video games. Star Wars games never sold that much (-> also low profit).

Btw, the new movies did more harm than good. Star Wars is now even less appealing than before. There is a reason why the spin-offs play in the past and why the new star wars game from EA does not touch the newer movies. They are just not really as successful as Disney hoped. They not even had a raw script where the story was heading of episode 8 & 9 when episode 7 was in works. And they cut off all the additional story older Star Wars games, so they can't even make sequels to those (like the Jedi Knight series).

martino

3. Jedi: Fallen Order, very good game, but it took a lot of backtracking to fill the ~10 hours of playing.
Fallen order is a mixbag on lot of things (especially the consoles port) but the backtracking is normal and a consequence of the type of game they were making. It is also longer than 10h
I have good hope for a great fallen order 2 (and it will come since it sold more than 10M)

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned

I cant understand why the new Star Wars isn't resonating.

Its got great new characters that I feel invested in. It honors the characters and storylines of the past. It has a clearly laid out story that spans multiple movies. It doesn't pander to any sort of social justice. And most importantly, the quality is fantastic.

Stuart360

Star Wars was always somehow bad for gaming companies.
High license costs -> low profit

And then it is also not assuring people really buy that. There are many star wars fans around the world, but not so many that really play video games. Star Wars games never sold that much (-> also low profit).

Btw, the new movies did more harm than good. Star Wars is now even less appealing than before. There is a reason why the spin-offs play in the past and why the new star wars game from EA does not touch the newer movies. They are just not really as successful as Disney hoped. They not even had a raw script where the story was heading of episode 8 & 9 when episode 7 was in works. And they cut off all the additional story older Star Wars games, so they can't even make sequels to those (like the Jedi Knight series).
Thats simply not true. SW games have sold very well over the years, hense why we have had so many. We are at 33mil sales for boh Battlefronts, and Fallen Order was selling faster than Battlefront 1, from EA's mouth themselves, so god knows what its sales are now.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Have a look at box office totals for all 11 films across the board and say the above again with a straight face. When adjusted for inflation, episode 4 and 7 are the only films that over performed and Solo is the only film that under performed.

Also, I loved the "back tracking" in Fallen Order, it felt "old school".

How is the third part of a trilogy doing 20% worse than the second part not underperforming? Those figures should be going up every time. I'm not going by the metric of "production budget + 50% for marketing vs revenue". And looking at the box office for the older movies is completely meaningless, quite obviously there's more fans of A New Hope now than there was 45 years ago. This is Disney era we're talking about.

Obviously Star Wars is still going to make a lot of money, and it'll make them a profit overall, but it's not doing as well as it should for such a colossal IP, even the theme park underperformed.

Allandor

Thats simply not true. SW games have sold very well over the years, hense why we have had so many. We are at 33mil sales for boh Battlefronts, and Fallen Order was selling faster than Battlefront 1, from EA's mouth themselves, so god knows what its sales are now.
They never sold so much. The high number also results from EA-Access and Orign-Access (EA-Play now) customers.

Or let me explain it in another way. Star Wars games normally underperform due to unrealistic sales estimates they need because of high license costs. The result is the same. Really low profit games.
Lucasarts could do this a better way, because they didn't really need to pay for the license (and if it was inside the company).

Last edited:

Stuart360

How is the third part of a trilogy doing 20% worse than the second part not underperforming? Those figures should be going up every time. I'm not going by the metric of "production budget + 50% for marketing vs revenue". And looking at the box office for the older movies is completely meaningless, quite obviously there's more fans of A New Hope now than there was 45 years ago. This is Disney era we're talking about.

Obviously Star Wars is still going to make a lot of money, and it'll make them a profit overall, but it's not doing as well as it should for such a colossal IP, even the theme park underperformed.
Underperforming is fair, but you just have to look at The Force Awakens incredible gross to see how much people still love SW. Sure Disney fucked it up after, but make a good film, and give the audience what they want, and they will come.

CeeJay

The marketing strategy of Star Wars originally was to do a three movie series with 3 years in between each movie and then a really long gap between the trilogies. This worked great because they could spam merchandise while the movies were out and by the time the third movie of the trilogy had finished everyone who bought into it was left wanting more and was hyped for the next decade and they could release the movies on VHS/DVD during that period to keep a bit of income coming in. Then when the next ones came out there was all the original fans and a whole new generation of kids ready to do the same again. It worked, it kept the franchise top tier and cherished. Back in the 70s and 80s the hype for StarWars was fever pitch. By the third trilogy we were down to two year gaps between movies and then Disney took the reigns and we have just had constant movies every year along with spin off TV shows and constant pushing of merchandise. It's just too much, the franchise is shit tier now. Such a shame.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Compare "Disney" Star Wars to prequel Star Wars. The Disney films mostly performed better
Episode 2 made half of episode 1, 650 million. Episode 3 made about 850 million. Disney films all made over 1 billion except for Solo.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Disney fucks up Star Wars
EA: hold my blue milk
I guess that the games turned out better in the long run, but the damage was done

Stuart360

They never sold so much. The high number also results from EA-Access and Orign-Access (EA-Play now) customers.
Yeah you're wrong, but keep going. Even if what you said was true about EA Play (and it isnt, they dont include those numbers), that would still only effect PC, the console sales make up the majority of those 33mil.
Lucasarts said many times that they had to make a Star Wars game in between all their other games, as the SW games kept the studio in profit and open.

EDIT. - https://www.tweaktown.com/news/6845...e-successes-33-million-copies-sold/index.html

And thats from a year ago.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I'm sure they committed to a certain number of games and at this point are just going through the motions. My guess is that they made a crap deal and Disney's cut is too large so they are just doing the minimum to not be in breach of contract without investing a lot of money.

kuncol02

Banned
I cant understand why the new Star Wars isn't resonating.

Its got great new characters that I feel invested in. It honors the characters and storylines of the past. It has a clearly laid out story that spans multiple movies. It doesn't pander to any sort of social justice. And most importantly, the quality is fantastic.
not-sure-if-serious-or-trolling.jpg

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I can't say EA is doing much worse than Disney with it at this point. Jedi Fallen Order is a very good game, and Squadrons looks fantastic. I just want to get a HOTAS before I try it.

Underperforming is fair, but you just have to look at The Force Awakens incredible gross to see how much people still love SW. Sure Disney fucked it up after, but make a good film, and give the audience what they want, and they will come.

Eh, it's a generational thing, that's the problem.

Gen X loves it and millenials love it - that's set in stone. The point of the new trilogy was to get zoomers and other future generations on board. Did they? I don't see it. I think they fucked it up massively. The moment zoomy says "ah Star Wars, that stuff sucks, let's just go play Roblox" is the moment the expiration date for SW as a franchise is set.

Last edited:

Roufianos

It was a stupid deal to make in the first place. Nobody hears the term 'quality games' and immediately thinks of EA.

Honestly, if Disney extend the contract then they're seriously retarded. They can keep making Jedi Fallen Order and Battlefields but there's no need to give them exclusive rights to the IP.

diffusionx

Gold Member
It was a stupid deal to make in the first place. Nobody hears the term 'quality games' and immediately thinks of EA.

Honestly, if Disney extend the contract then they're seriously retarded. They can keep making Jedi Fallen Order and Battlefields but there's no need to give them exclusive rights to the IP.

Well, Disney gets to charge a higher price if it is exclusive, that's part of the deal.

They can make it non exclusive but studios to commit the resources. There aren't many that could do it these days (Activision for sure, and now... Microsoft). But that brings it to another problem... I'm not sure the IP has the value it used to. Again I think Disney fucked it up. I don't know if another deal makes sense for EA quite frankly.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
The games got better after the Battlefront woes, but man, they had no right to be as bad as they were in the first place. Obviously just speaking about Battlefront 1 and 2, really. The other titles were more than fine. Leave it to a company like EA to have the Star Wars license and make some mediocre titles. Just make a new Jedi Knight damnit, lol.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Jedi was great, complaining about back tracking in a 3d metroidvania game is crazy.

I'm enjoying Squadrons but prob be done once I finish the campaign. MP not really something I want or need. Thankfully the story mode is way batter then anything in any other of EA online focused games.

Gimme more games like Jedi and I'm happy, fill in the down time with MP stuff is fine too.

Fbh

I don't really think it has been that bad.
Had more fun with Battlefront 2 and Jedi Fallen Order than any of the new star wars movies to be honest.

I do think there were probably some angry meetings and phone calls after the initial Battlefront 2 fiasco which has probably forced EA to alter and scale back their plans for the franchise. If they can't microtransaction the shit out of the games they aren't going to invest into making really high end AAA games.

And Fallen Order in particular was great. A bit derivative and could have used some more polish but overall really fun with good production values and a good amount of content.

Last edited:

AV

Compare "Disney" Star Wars to prequel Star Wars. The Disney films mostly performed better
Episode 2 made half of episode 1, 650 million. Episode 3 made about 850 million. Disney films all made over 1 billion except for Solo.

Yeah, because again you're talking about a generational gap. In the 16 years between the release of episodes 1 and 7, someone could have grown up and had a kid of their own old enough to get into Star Wars and see it at the theatre. Franchises like Star Wars should become exponentially more popular over time as the earth's population, and thus franchise fanbase, grows. Someone who saw Iron Man, enjoyed it, and had a baby that year, would be taking his 10 year old kid to see Endgame.

TFA is a special case because it was the first one. People hadn't seen a new Star Wars movie in a decade and there were zero expectations. It wasn't even a particularly great film, it was a safe soft reboot. Goes with my point that people then, over time, got more and more sick of SW as Disney pumped more and more shit out.

Last edited:

Jaxcellent

Fallen order was pretty good, I liked it, Squadrons is great and awesome in VR

The new movies I don't really like much, it all feels a bit forced IMO.

Funny thing is, I liked Rogue one and thought Solo was entertaining too, I'm not sure I saw the last Jedi one, was it the one where the ship flew in the star destroyer in hyperspace?

Altho cool we got some new Star Wars movies, i'm not sure I like them alot compared to original trilogy.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
EAs thing just seems like any normal consultant / accountant driven nonsense every big corperation does.. " hey this EA game does big numbers lets make that with starwars characters! " , "oh no accoring to our research, only multiplayer games sale these days".

In my 30 some yeats of working with and for consultants I can say consultants are the worst. They can easily drain a company to death. and not accomplish anything.

sol_bad

Yeah, because again you're talking about a generational gap. In the 16 years between the release of episodes 1 and 7, someone could have grown up and had a kid of their own old enough to get into Star Wars and see it at the theatre. Franchises like Star Wars should become exponentially more popular over time as the earth's population, and thus franchise fanbase, grows. Someone who saw Iron Man, enjoyed it, and had a baby that year, would be taking his 10 year old kid to see Endgame.

With this argument, why didn't the prequel films make exponentially more money than the original films?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Star Wars lineups are always filled during generations, EA doesn't fear Disney, Disney is the problem not Star Wars, I would cut disney asap and Disney's safety net is $ they can just buy anyone, Star Wars has characters, movies, games, quality scripts, people etc. under their belt all big wins.

I had a lot of fun with the first battlefront, but the paid DLC gave other players better weapons and I got my ass kicked more and more as time went on. Battlefront 2 is a step up in every way, but I’m now at a point in my life where I can’t commit large amounts of hours to multiplayer games. Fallen Order is superb! I hope the rumors of upcoming DLC are true. But even with that, it took way too long for EA to get their shit together and make Fallen Order. I hope Disney moves to another publisher after it’s deal with EA is up. Whoever is in charge of the Star Wars brand should be pushing games out like hot cakes.

AV

With this argument, why didn't the prequel films make exponentially more money than the original films?

I only said they should have done better, not necessarily would. It's not just about warm bodies, it's word of mouth and hype, too. Remember Episode 1 releasing? Kids loved it, but it was panned. People were initially excited, but word of mouth spread very quickly about how shit The Phantom Menace was, especially among the old fans. It moved less tickets than any of the originals. Sure, it made a ton of money, most Blockbusters do, but that doesn't mean it didn't underperform.

My theory's far from bulletproof. I'm just suggesting that both the prequels and sequels COULD have done better if they were handled properly, but they weren't. Hell, look at LOTR vs. The Hobbit; one got more ticket sales over time, one got less, because LOTR is timeless and The Hobbit was a bloated mess. Again, only a theory.

diffusionx

Gold Member

maybe it'll be better if/once Kathleen Kennedy moves on?

Disney better hope so, because they just spent $2 billion on these new theme parks and need to fill them.

Hudo

Gold Member
I rather get the impression that EA's teams are underperforming across the board. BioWare's recent releases are mediocre at best, same of DICE's releases. Various projects were cancelled (for example that Amy Hennig project), Criterion Games were demoted to support studio for a long time and Ghost Games were producing bad Need for Speed games. The only part of EA that hasn't underperformed is EA Sports but that's mainly because there are no real alternatives to their games. Even Respawn Entertainment weren't properly supported with Apex Legends. That Apex Legends turned out to be a success caught EA completely off guard and they were very late to come up with a proper plan to support it. So I don't know what Andrew Wilson and his management team are doing but from my limited point of view, they are pretty incompetent at managing the company.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
All the games EA has released so far under Star Wars license were productions they didn't want to put much money into.

1. Battlefront 1, we all remember how little content it had.

2. Battlefront 2, the same thing at the release, then after many additions they made up for it somehow, but I still think that the game didn't get the right budget at least at the beginning.

All these productions imitate high-budget games because they were made in AAA studios and were based on backtracking tricks or did not have much content.

4. Star Wars: Squadrons, the latest example, although this time EA clearly admits that it is rather a medium size production.

So I wonder if EA doesn't believe in Star Wars or just has to give too much of the revenue to Disney and it is not profitable enough for them to invest a lot of money in these games.
Never been an EA fan since the 90's. However, can't say they got a bad deal with Disney. I'm all against the Disney wokeness in everything they rebrand or purchase. However, from a business perspective...merging with a billion-dollar conglomerate like Disney gives takes away any worry that they'd have to merge or lose everything down the road. It's hard for any software dev to remain independent economically for over a decade.

Fbh

I rather get the impression that EA's teams are underperforming across the board. BioWare's recent releases are mediocre at best, same of DICE's releases. Various projects were cancelled (for example that Amy Hennig project), Criterion Games were demoted to support studio for a long time and Ghost Games were producing bad Need for Speed games. The only part of EA that hasn't underperformed is EA Sports but that's mainly because there are no real alternatives to their games. Even Respawn Entertainment weren't properly supported with Apex Legends. That Apex Legends turned out to be a success caught EA completely off guard and they were very late to come up with a proper plan to support it. So I don't know what Andrew Wilson and his management team are doing but from my limited point of view, they are pretty incompetent at managing the company.

Yeah it's impressive how EA just completely went to shit this gen.
Last gen it was the publisher of the Mass Effect Trilogy, Dead Space, Dragon Age, Dantes Inferno, Crysis 2 and 3, Bad Company 2 , SSX, etc.
But right now I can't think of a single upcoming EA game I'm even slightly excited about. At most I'd probably get a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster if it ends up being true but that hardly counts as a "new game".
Respawn is the only good thing left at EA and they'll probably end up ruining them too.

The only reason this company still exists and makes a ton of money is Sports games.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned

TFA was five years and five movies ago. At the time I thought it was a very safe and obvious "retelling/reimagining" of ANH, but it was nicely put together and could probably lead to some good stuff down the road. The idea that they could somehow get worse (let alone as bad as they did) just wasn't in my mind. I dunno if it was in anybody's mind.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

jaysius

Banned
Disney has become the McDonalds of the entertainment world, pump out as much meaningless shit with no substance as possible, it's a shame how money ruined what once was pretty awesome. It's like the Midas Touch but the touch turns everything to shit.

Last edited:

Hudo

Gold Member
Yeah it's impressive how EA just completely went to shit this gen.
Last gen it was the publisher of the Mass Effect Trilogy, Dead Space, Dragon Age, Dantes Inferno, Crysis 2 and 3, Bad Company 2 , SSX, etc.
But right now I can't think of a single upcoming EA game I'm even slightly excited about. At most I'd probably get a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster if it ends up being true but that hardly counts as a "new game".
Respawn is the only good thing left at EA and they'll probably end up ruining them too.

The only reason this company still exists and makes a ton of money is Sports games.
Yeah, Respawn right now are the only studio doing good stuff. I also liked the Command & Conquer Remaster as it was actually a very good and faithful remaster and not a cash grab, but that was also done by an outside team (Petroglyph, Ex-Westwood guys). That also hardly counts as a new game, though. Still a very weird timeline where a remaster from EA is fucking wiping the floor with a remake by Blizzard (WarCraft III: Refunded).

I remember when everyone was hating on John Riccitello, and rightfully so, but compared to him, Wilson's EA is a complete shitshow right now.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
How is the third part of a trilogy doing 20% worse than the second part not underperforming? Those figures should be going up every time.

Not with Star Wars. Even in the OT each movie made less than the previous.

(Original releases, not counting the SEs or re-releases)
Star Wars - $503 million
Empire - $400 million
Jedi - $374 million

Phantom - $974 million
Clones - $645 million
Sith - $868 million

Force Awakens - $2 billion
Last Jedi - $1.3 billion
Rise of Skywalker - $1 billion

Both The Phantom Menace and Force Awakens got boosts for being the first new Star Wars after a long period of time. The Phantom Menace was the first new Star Wars in 18 years at the time of its release, and The Force Awakens was the first new Star Wars in a decade AND the sequel to Return of the Jedi. Revenge of the Sith made more than Clones as it was pushed as the FINAL STAR WARS MOVIE EVER in 2005.

Hudo

Gold Member
Maybe it's more accurate the other way around: Disney has a shitty deal with EA, lol.

spawn

Does that take into account the cost of inflation? Ticket prices were much more cheaper back when the original trilogy and prequel trilogy came out

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Does that take into account the cost of inflation? Ticket prices were much more cheaper back when the original trilogy and prequel trilogy came out

Tickets being cheaper doesn't change the fact that each Star Wars movie has traditionally made less than the previous. The only exception is Revenge of the Sith which got a boost for being the FINAL STAR WARS MOVIE EVER.

AV

Not with Star Wars. Even in the OT each movie made less than the previous.

(Original releases, not counting the SEs or re-releases)
Star Wars - $503 million
Empire - $400 million
Jedi - $374 million

Phantom - $974 million
Clones - $645 million
Sith - $868 million

Force Awakens - $2 billion
Last Jedi - $1.3 billion
Rise of Skywalker - $1 billion

Both The Phantom Menace and Force Awakens got boosts for being the first new Star Wars after a long period of time. The Phantom Menace was the first new Star Wars in 18 years at the time of its release, and The Force Awakens was the first new Star Wars in a decade AND the sequel to Return of the Jedi. Revenge of the Sith made more than Clones as it was pushed as the FINAL STAR WARS MOVIE EVER in 2005.

That doesn't necessarily mean that AOTC and Empire didn't underperform given how well the first in each set did. I don't mean bomb like Solo did, just surprisingly not do as well as the first movie in each set. Well, AOTC wasn't surprising at all given that Phantom Menace was so bad, and AOTC was somehow even worse.

Like I said to the other guy though, my theories aren't bulletproof, I just look at other big trilogies like LOTR or Bourne or Toy Story (before 4 although 4 did better than 3 anyway) that did better every time, and wonder if the Star Wars sets couldn't have done better. Even Empire makes sense to me, it's the best one, but it's got the least action of any of them, and I can imagine people in 1980 that "the new star wars doesn't have any star wars!".

YuLY

I remember Andyboy didnt really like this deal, it was signed by the previous CEO. He is a believer in working with in-house stuff to maximize profit and share as fewer cuts as possible. This is why they insist on using frostbyte even if at this point its clear to everyone that engine is a mess unless its an FPS game. Many devs have whined unoficially about it, but the leadership insists on it since its their engine and they dont share revenue for it. the fact that Respawn got to use another engine is a miracle honestly, lets see in the future.

I think Disney would like to continue with EA, but it remains to be seen if EA will want that. Jedi Fallen Order 2 is for sure coming, maybe if that sells well, like 1st game did they will consider it.

I'll say just this, its a travesty that until this point we havent gotten a new Knights of the Old Republic rpg from Bioware. There were rumors of a reboot/remagining but I think its a year now since Eurogamer wrote that article and that thing is nowhere to be seen. Sometimes I dont get gaming companies. :messenger_alien:

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned
All EA had to do is to reboot KOTOR in any form and put Bioware in charge instead of making them do Anthem. Instead they monetised the hell out of Battlefront for 5 years before making 2 okayish games (yes, Fallen Order is only a solid base of a game unless part 2 has major improvement across the board). There is no way to know if LucasArts of Disney had anything to do with it but I doubt they told EA which games to do so it's really their own fault - when SW was back to hotness they wanted to make easy money on MTX and now it's all tainted cause EA sucks at hanessing gamer goodwill.

They've made more good/great Star Wars games than bad. But they have released them at a glacial pace almost. Battlefront 2 is fucking awesome. It's got a ton of modes to play, Ewok Hunt especially is really tense and fun. Jedi Outcast is fantastic and by all accounts Squadrons is a stellar experience too.

They just don't release enough games. I want new games in multiple genres like Republic Commando, The Old Republic, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Power Battles, Demolition, Teras Kasi. So many different games.

During the PS1/PS2/Xbox era it felt like we were getting a new Star Wars game every 8 mos. or so. I hope when Disney's deal with them is up, they just individually let other studios license Star Wars, I'd love to see a Star Wars Tactics like X-Com 2, or a new Jedi fps from Arkane. So many possibilities.

I'll say just this, its a travesty that until this point we havent gotten a new Knights of the Old Republic rpg from Bioware. There were rumors of a reboot/remagining but I think its a year now since Eurogamer wrote that article and that thing is nowhere to be seen. Sometimes I dont get gaming companies. :messenger_alien:
No kidding. It's such a perfect match and one that's already been a proven success.

Last edited:
Top Bottom