• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA on Xbox Live FAQ

DMczaf

http://www.easports.com/articles/04a/xboxfaq.jsp

What does the Xbox Live partnership mean to EA?
EA's announcement of supporting Xbox Live means that we can bring our world class games to even more online gamers in an enhanced online experience through the Xbox video game system from Microsoft. We love games just as much as you and now this partnership brings even greater content to the Xbox Live online world.

What will it cost to play EA games on the Xbox Live service?
At this time there is no additional cost beyond Microsoft's standard Xbox Live subscription fee for the service. For more information on the Xbox Live service and setting up an account, please visit Microsoft's Xbox Live site. Stay tuned for great offers for the Xbox Live Starter Kit on the EA Store.

Will I still be able to play online with the PlayStation®2?
Your PlayStation 2 online experience is unaffected by our Xbox Live announcement. When you play online with the PlayStation 2 console, you will continue to use your current EA account and user name, as you have in the past. We continue to add new features and create even better game experiences with PlayStation 2 online play for our EA SPORTS™ and EA GAMES™ titles.

Can I play EA games across the PlayStation 2 and Xbox platforms online?
Although this would be really cool, you can't play across the two console platforms.

What EA games will I be able to play on Xbox Live?
The first game to include Xbox Live capability will be NCAA® Football 2005, scheduled for release in July. EA SPORTS titles to follow include Madden NFL 2005, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 2005, NASCAR® 2005: Chase For The Cup™, NBA LIVE 2005, NHL® 2005, and NCAA® March Madness™ 2005. EA GAMES titles on Xbox Live include GoldenEye: Rogue Agent™, Need for Speed™ Underground 2, Battlefield: Modern Combat™, Burnout™ 3: Takedown™ and TimeSplitters Future Perfect™.

Will I be able to login on to the EA SPORTS website with my Xbox Live Gamertag?
To login on the EA SPORTS website you need to use, or establish, an EA account. Although, you will be able to link to your Xbox Live Gamertag to access the stats you have for the games played with that user name.

Will I be able to use my EA account on Xbox Live?
You will be able to attach your Gamertag to your EA account and access your EA account information, stats, career history and more, after you have registered your existing Xbox Live Gamertag, or created a new one.

Top Bottom