• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports UFC |OT| Bigger than FIFA

6FiwB2X.jpg

Developer: EA Canada
Publisher: EA Sports
Release Date: June 17th, 2014
Available On: PS4, XBOX ONE

ES0SvEQ.png
HmOK5gr.png

EA Sports UFC is the official game of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, a MMA organization that began in the early 90's as a BJJ infomercial. It's the first one being done by EA after THQ went under.

W91xQon.png
ABG66DG.png

Now you have access to multiple games modes separated into different sections, let's go check them out:

HOME
- FIGHT NOW: Straight into the cage, it's the exhibition mode.
- WALKTHROUGH: Tutorial for vets and noobs alike.
- UFC SPOTLIGHT: Updates on the real world UFC.

PLAY
- FIGHT NOW: Straight into the cage, it's the exhibition mode.
- CAREER: Start on TUF and fight your way into 5k/5k Fight Pass prelims or co-main events in the Macau cards.
- CHALLENGES: Striking and ground game challenges. Seems to be the typical stuff like defend 10 takedowns, parry 10 jabs, stuff like that.
- ONLINE: Self explanatory.
- WALKTHROUGH: Tutorial for vets and noobs alike.

FIGHTERNET
- UFC SPOTLIGHT: Updates on the real world UFC.
- FRIENDS: Your friend list.
- PROFILE: View stats, win/loss record, etc.

CUSTOMIZE
- SETTINGS: Pretty much the Options menu.
- CREATE A FIGHTER: It's a video game with too many white men so feel free to create something different.
- MY FIGHTERS: The peeps you made in CAF.
- MUSIC: Music options, basic stuff.

STORE
- BUNDLES: Buy fighters in packs.
- FIGHTERS: Get nickel and dimed to death.

mSmyw3r.png
539hjHw.png

If you think stuff like Tekken is complicated wait till you get a load of this:

PS4 Controls

XBOX ONE Controls

Good Guy EA decided to help by making a neat tips and tricks series playlist that can be found here.

0su2EUG.png
zufkONR.png

No.

Complete roster of fighters:

HEAVYWEIGHT (265LB)

• Cain Velasquez
  • Bigfoot Silva
  • Alistair Overeem
  • Antonio Nogueira
  • Roy Nelson
  • Frank Mir
  • Mark Hunt
  • Junior Dos Santos
  • Daniel Cormier
  • Travis Browne
  • Pat Barry
  • Fabricio Werdum

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT (205lb)

• Jon Jones
  • Dan Henderson
  • Alexander Gustafsson
  • Forrest Griffin
  • Rich Franklin
  • Rashad Evans
  • Phil Davis
  • Daniel Cormier
  • Michael Bisping
  • Vitor Belfort
  • Ryan Bader
  • Glover Teixeira
  • Chael Sonnen
  • Wanderlei Silva
  • Anderson Silva
  • Shogun Rua
  • Antonio "Rogerio" Nogueira
  • Gegard Mousasi
  • Lyoto Machida
  • Chuck Liddell

MIDDLEWEIGHT (185lb)

• Chris Weidman
  • Ronaldo Jacare Souza
  • Chael Sonnen
  • Wanderlei Silva
  • Anderson Silva
  • Luke Rockhold
  • Costas Phillipou
  • Mark Munoz
  • Demien Maia
  • Lyoto Machida
  • Cung Le
  • Robbie Lawler
  • Dan Henderson
  • Royce Gracie
  • Rich Franklin
  • Francis Carmont
  • Michael Bisping
  • Vitor Belfort

WELTERWEIGHT (170lb)

• Johny Hendricks
  • Jake Ellenberger
  • Nick Diaz
  • Nate Diaz
  • Carlos Condit
  • Georges St. Pierre
  • Tarec Saffadine
  • BJ Penn
  • Demien Maia
  • Rory Macdonald
  • Bruce Lee
  • Robbie Lawler
  • Pascal Kraus
  • Josh Koscheck
  • Martin Kampmann

LIGHTWEIGHT (155lb)

• Anthony Pettis
  • Benson Henderson
  • TJ Grant
  • Joe Lauzon
  • Josh Thompson
  • Korean Zombie
  • Bruce Lee
  • Gray Maynard
  • Conor McGregor
  • Gilbert Melendez
  • Jim Miller
  • Khabib Nurmegomedov
  • Ross Pearson
  • BJ Penn
  • Jose Aldo
  • Donald Cerrone
  • Nate Diaz

FEATHERWEIGHT (145lb)

• Jose Aldo
  • Cub Swanson
  • Dennis Siver
  • Dustin Porier
  • BJ Penn
  • Chad Mendes
  • Conor McGregor
  • Bruce Lee
  • Ricardo Lamas
  • Korean Zombie
  • Clay Guida
  • Urijah Faber
  • Frankie Edgar

BANTAMWEIGHT (135lb)

• Renan Barao
  • Eddie Wineland
  • Brad Pickett
  • Eric Perez
  • Michael Macdonald
  • Bruce Lee
  • Demetrious Johnson
  • Urijah Faber
  • Mike Easton
  • Dominick Cruz
  • Brian Bowles

FLYWEIGHT (125lb)

• Demetrious Johnson
  • Louise Gaudinot
  • John Dodson
  • Joseph Benevidez
  • Darren Uyenoyama
  • Ian McCall
  • Tim Elliot
  • Scott Jorgenson

FEMALE BANTAMWEIGHT (135lb)

• Ronda Rousey
  • Sarah McMann
  • Sarah Kaufman
  • Alexis Davis
  • Liz Carmouche
  • Cat Zingano
  • Miesha Tate

Bruce Lee can be unlocked in 2 ways:

• Beat Career mode on pro difficultly or higher.
  • Pre-Order and unlock him from the get go.

The following venues are available:

• MGM Grand Garden Arena (Las Vegas, USA)
  • Staples Center (Los Angeles, USA)
  • Honda Center (Anaheim, USA)
  • United Center (Chicago, USA)
  • Toyota Center (Houston, USA)
  • Prudential Center (Newark, USA)
  • Madison Square Garden (Manhattan, USA)
  • UFC Gym
  • Bell Centre (Montreal, Canada)
  • Air Canada Centre (Toronto, Canada)
  • HSBC Arena (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

scCL7QU.png
kvUA3D8.png

DCJAyAF.png
2sEfHvo.png

Hi there, Lambda!
Hi.

Is there a PRIDE FC mode?
No.

Can i play in WEC or STRIKEFORCE?
No.

Can i make all my favorite SHWs like Sapp, Lungu or Burneika?
No SHW division.

Can i create female fighters?
No.

Are there doctor stoppages?
No.

What's the Trophy/Achievements list?
PS4: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/ea-sports-ufc/trophies/
XBOX ONE: http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/ea-sports-ufc/achievements/

Thanks Lambda!
Yes.

WuWvIYh.png
KY8AMrx.png

Friend EzekelRAGE has some online leagues you might be interested in:

If you are tired of ranked and looking for something more competitive or just want to have fun, check'em out.
logo@2x1.png

UOC Front Page | UOC League Site | UOC Forums

Poster for UOC 75 on 6/21
Undisputed Online Championship (UOC) has been around since January of 2009, when it launched in anticipation for THQ's "UFC: Undisputed."
It was the first of it's kind. Since then, the UOC has hosted events for "UFC: Undisputed 2010," "EA Sports MMA," and "UFC Undisputed 3."
We are an online CAF (Create-A-Fighter) league that is dedicated to hosting event cards for gamers on both PlayStation and Xbox consoles,
who want to compete in a fair and balanced environment, instead of simply facing unknown, random strangers in "Ranked" or "Unranked" matches online.

Currently we are preparing for the release of "EA Sports UFC" and are trying to bring awareness to those who may not know such a website exists.

How it works:
  • Sign-up for an event (usually weekly to bi-weekly).
  • Contact your opponent / agree on a time to fight.
  • Do your fight (you have a week from the time the card is released to when the results are due).
  • Report the results.
  • Continue to fight and win, in order to earn a UOC belt.

Other features:
  • We will be heavily supporting the use of the "Stream" feature for both PS4 and Xbox One. If you decide to stream your fight live,
    advertise it on the forums and we will promote it on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Example of how twitch streams are integrated on our forums:
jVELy0Bn2nPN9iUm9gaJ.png

• Free forums to conversate about video games, MMA, or anything off-topic.
  • Fight records are kept by staff, in order to match-up opponents properly.
  • Championship Belt icons are displayed next to the champs' forum names.
  • Stock-Fighter-League (SFL), for those who would rather not play with CAFs. Signups are currently open.
  • Join or create a "Camp" (Clan) to sharpen your skills with other competitors. The Camp forums can be found here.
  • Create "Hype" threads on the forums to build up your fights; Share videos / pictures of your fights. Brag about that awesome KO you performed.
  • Prize Tournaments.

So, do you have what it takes to become a UOC Champion?
Come check out www.undisputedonline.net today.
Like us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/UndisputedOnline
Follow us on Twitter @: UOC_MMA

logo.png

UFF Front Page | UFF Forums

The Ultimate Fighting Federation has been active since 2009 with the release of UFC Undisputed. This league will cater to both Playstation 4 and Xbox One players. UFF mainly focuses
on create a fighters, but it runs a side league for stock fighters. We will also have K1 and other tournaments. UFF will regularly run podcasts. These podcasts will discuss recent UFF fights,
promoting fighters, EA UFC and MMA discussion, and other topics the community chooses. To go ahead and get started, just click the "front page" link above and register or click here.
To learn more information about all the stuff posted above and more things like achievements, keep reading below.

group.jpg

CAF League
The create a fighter league are for those players who like to mold a fighter to their liking, then take them online and inflict damage on others.
CAF league signups can be found here. As far as fighting goes the CAF league structure will work like this:

1. Sign Up - There will be a thread posted titled “UFF Fights” each week. Just sign up in the thread, then wait for the matchups to be posted around a day or two after signups close for the week.
2. Get Your Fight Done - When the matchups are posted, get in contact with your opponent and get the fight done. If you have trouble getting in touch with your opponent, let staff know and you will get a replacement.
3. Post Your Results - When the fight is done, post your results and your done for the week. The staff will make rankings and post event results each week.

League Structure and Tiers

To ensure fair competition for players, UFF is implementing a tier structure. Simply put, over after a season ends, fighters will move up or down a tier based on their performance.
This way casual players won’t be stuck competing against guys who devote a little more time to the game. To learn more about the tier system, listen to this podcast or read more in this post.
Each tier will have a separate champion, so even if you are in a low tier, you can still get gold around your waist.

Stock Fighter League

If you don’t like the idea of created fighters and want to throw leather with your favorite in game fighter, then the stock fighter league is for you. Now that the full list of fighters have
been released, we have opened signups for the SFL draft. They can be found here.The draft will take place a week after the game drops. Events for SFL will be weekly.

Tournaments

UFF will run various tournaments throughout the year with different rules, divisions, and prizes up for grabs. You can expect tournaments using cafs
and ingame fighters. Rules will range from K1 to whatever the community feels it want to do.

Podcasts

The UFF podcast will be regularly run. The hosts will be UFF founder and president Andrew 110 and Vice President James Ark.Topics will include the latest rumblings of the
UFF fighters, general MMA chatter, and whatever else the community decides. Guest will include community members as well. The latest podcast can be found here, along with all previous podcasts.

Other Odds and Ends

Achievements & Awards - While fighting or even general posting, you will work towards getting various achievements and awards in the UFF. The awards will be displayed each time you post.
You can also edit which awards show up when you post. Some awards include getting a win streak going or getting a certain number of KO wins. For a more detailed list, go here.
Community - Although the UFF focuses on EA UFC, we are all just gamers. The community of UFF play other games as well. There is currently a league for MLB: The Show here.
Madden will have a league as well. Discussions about TV, Movies, and various other things takes place too.
Camps - The UFF also has member ran camps. Maybe you have a group of buddies you play Madden or Call of Duty with, you can invite them and play EA UFC as well.
You can also join one of our existing camps. Camps can help you improve and train for UFF fights. A current list of camps can be found here.

There you have it, this is the UFF. The people running the league have been doing so for years, so they know a thing or two.
If you have any questions just shoot me a pm or post here. If you want to sign up or check out the forums, register here.

Aiii

So not worth it
Pre-ordered already. Ready to be majorly disappointed and frustrated by the control system.

I went from being super excited to being on the fence with this game.

The fact that everyone has the same crazy spin kicks and showtime kicks and superman punches off the cage even though they would NEVER do them really makes me want to not support this game whatsoever but I know I'm probably gonna cave in and pick it up Tuesday on my way home from my GI appointment.

Also

Hmmmmmm. Bethe Correira.

ibMtYIGVUgxXP.gif

Sad to hear there is no Pride mode. Hopefully they add it as dlc or in a future iteration. The Pride mode in the THQ game always tempted me to pick it up but I never ended up grabbing it for some reason...

Aiii

So not worth it
yes.

there will be DLC with more of everyone's favorite fighters, like Royston Wee, Guto Inocente and the living legend Warlley Alves.

Some free updates too, apparently:
The roster is robust. With that said, how will “EA UFC” deal with the constant influx of fighters? One glaring omission from the game’s roster was that of new UFC bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw. “EA UFC” Creative Director Brian Hayes responded to Sherdog.com’s inquiry regarding the ever-evolving UFC roster and the status of Dillashaw.

“Dillashaw really snuck up on us, considering that in only his second fight after his loss to [Raphael] Assuncao, he shocked the world and captured the bantamweight title,” Hayes said. “Post-launch, ‘EA Sports UFC’ players will receive free roster updates as we look to ensure the game stays relevant and true to the UFC. We will announce respective updates as and when they are made available with more information coming shortly.”

Breathe a sigh of relief, fans. It would have been a pretty damaging blow if “EA UFC” could not right the wrong of overlooking a champion after its initial launch. Staying with the same line of questioning, we asked whether fighter ratings and records would be updated throughout the year to reflect what is going on in the real world.

“We do have the ability to update records and attributes,” Hayes said. “Fighter records are pretty straightforward, but attributes will be dealt with carefully. Dramatic developments in skill [and] technique are often the result of, or at least bolstered by, having faced the right opponent. In other words, just because someone known for being a striker gets a submission win, that doesn’t mean we’re going to immediately bump their ratings up after just one fight. If or when we do this, the cadence is to be determined.”
Source: http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Gamers-Verdict-EA-Sports-UFC-69031

Afrikan

I went from being super excited to being on the fence with this game.

The fact that everyone has the same crazy spin kicks and showtime kicks and superman punches off the cage even though they would NEVER do them really makes me want to not support this game whatsoever but I know I'm probably gonna cave in and pick it up Tuesday on my way home from my GI appointment.

Also

Hmmmmmm. Bethe Correira.

ibMtYIGVUgxXP.gif

RR.gif

Espi

Banned
I was debating on waiting for this since I didn't really plan on playing online, but the whole UOC League thing has me thinking I might just pick up my preorder.

I assume the majority is picking this up on PS4?

Sad to hear there is no Pride mode. Hopefully they add it as dlc or in a future iteration. The Pride mode in the THQ game always tempted me to pick it up but I never ended up grabbing it for some reason...
wat

"Hopefully they dedicate man hours to include a game mode that I and many others didn't care for in the previous version of the game, just so that I might consider picking the game up this time"

Tried the demo, such a long and weird control scheme.

heh, my tutorial lasted longer than my first fight. i got one lucky hook to the shin after the fight started and the dude fell like a sack of potatoes to the floor i was done in less than a minute or so

got owned in the rest of the re-matches though

Nivert

Was pretty down on it from watching videos/streams but after playing the demo myself I really enjoyed it. Excited for the full game now.

Aiii

So not worth it
heh, my tutorial lasted longer than my first fight. i got one lucky hook to the shin after the fight started and the dude fell like a sack of potatoes to the floor i was done in less than a minute or so

got owned in the rest of the re-matches though

Took me four matches to figure out all you have to do is shots to the head and you're done in 30 seconds or less: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=841565352539767

Though the demo has you play on easy, I'm certain the challenge picks up at higher levels.

wat

"Hopefully they dedicate man hours to include a game mode that I and many others didn't care for in the previous version of the game, just so that I might consider picking the game up this time"

More like I have the game on preorder(set for delivery on Tuesday) and hoped for an option for Pride rules. I never played the mode in the THQ game because I wasn't a fan of their past games. Excuse me for preferring Pride rules. Because you know, if EA makes a Pride mode it will play just like THQ/Yukes version. But you know, keep up that winning attitude!

manfestival

This just seems far more complicated than undisputed. That being said, the demo was really nice. I might eventually pick this up

So EXCITED.

Also more excited because I saw the trophy/achievement list and it only contains online one that I can see and it looks more like a "try it" one. Thank you, EA for learning.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Bigger than FIFA?? How?

Dana White, UFC president

I think we're going to be the biggest sport in the world. Bigger than the NFL. Bigger than soccer. Bigger than anybody. This thing crosses borders so well that, like, for instance, soccer's huge all over the world. It's never really become big here in the United States. NFL is huge here in the US. Isn't big anywhere else. I put two guys in an octagon. They can use any martial art they want. It transcends all cultural barriers, all language barriers, because I don't care what color you are, what country you come from or what language you speak, we're all human beings. And fighting's in our DNA. We get it and we like it.

Look at this fucking thread. The OP is a fucking stud. I don't have the view figures with me but we are expecting it to top 100K.

I'm not buying your wolf tickets Scooter
OP is best OP, but they never should've released a demo for this game. They could've tricked me into buying it!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
The controls in this game man. SO MUCH TO REMEMBER. I gave up in the demo. Though I would love watching someone else play this game. Not my type at all. Too much learning curve.

The controls in this game man. SO MUCH TO REMEMBER. I gave up in the demo. Though I would love watching someone else play this game. Not my type at all. Too much learning curve.

The UFC or boxing ip holders need to stop handing these games over to sports game developers, and bring in some japanese fighting game veterans to develop these games. I want to see an MMA game from the guys who make Street Fighter or Marvel vs Capcom. Doesn't mean it has to be over the top or even arcadey but I think they'd have a better handle on game design philosophies than developers who are more concerned with making the games look just like they do on TV, even at the expense of gameplay.

The UFC or boxing ip holders need to stop handing these games over to sports game developers, and bring in some japanese fighting game veterans to develop these games. I want to see an MMA game from the guys who make Street Fighter or Marvel vs Capcom. Doesn't mean it has to be over the top or even arcadey but I think they'd have a better handle on game design philosophies than developers who are more concerned with making the games look just like they do on TV, even at the expense of gameplay.

i'd give it to the Tekken team.

Aiii

So not worth it
updated the FAQ with the Trophy/Achievements list for PS4/XBOX ONE.

Yep, never going to get platinum on this.

Wish I could be one of those dedicated guys that plays endlessly to go through a full career multiple times on various difficulty settings, but the chances I will make hall of fame on the hardest difficulty are next to nothing heh.

Like ufc on dreamcast?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what is the topic title in reference to, I dont get it :/

dreamfall

Excellent OT! So informative and Bethe Correia! BLAM!

I'm excited- played more than 20ish hours of the demo, trying to get used to the new fighting system. I still think blocking takedowns is too difficult , and reversals into the Mount happen way too frequently!

But I love bits and pieces of what I've played this far. The striking doesn't feel like it has as much impact as Undisputed but it is gorgeous.

WAR DIAZ FOREVA!

Top Bottom