• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports UFC |OT| Bigger than FIFA

dcx4610

Can anyone with the full game confirm that the fighters do not have the proper color shorts in the full game?

I had read Anderson Silva just has plain black trunks and not his classic yellow and black for instance.

This game is turning into a colossal disappointment. The same move sets for everyone, 5 accurate entrance themes instead of "most" like promised, no ragdoll KOs, no ref jumping in for TKOs, silly WWE moves, complicated controls. Did I miss anything?

dezzy8

I'm getting this solely to encourage EA to improve on next year's? Iteration. I'm also looking forward to mastering these complicated controls.

Can anyone with the full game confirm that the fighters do not have the proper color shorts in the full game?

I had read Anderson Silva just has plain black trunks and not his classic yellow and black for instance.

This game is turning into a colossal disappointment. The same move sets for everyone, 5 accurate entrance themes instead of "most" like promised, no ragdoll KOs, no ref jumping in for TKOs, silly WWE moves, complicated controls. Did I miss anything?

you mean the slam takedown, german suplex and the backdrop driver? those happened in fights before, man.

ibn7E321xWgpNK.gif

6.gif

89289474444.gif

method=get&s=vitaly-minakov-rock-bottom-gof.gif

dcx4610

you mean the slam takedown, german suplex and the backdrop driver? those happened in fights before, man.

ibn7E321xWgpNK.gif

6.gif

89289474444.gif

method=get&s=vitaly-minakov-rock-bottom-gof.gif

They have happened, sure but EVERY fighter has the german suplex. I saw Silva tossing Vitor around like he was Mark Coleman in his prime.

I've also seen Frank Mir doing the Showtime kick. Is EA making a Tekken game or a MMA game? I can't believe that I already miss Yukes. One more game and they would have nailed it after Undisputed 3.

They have happened, sure but EVERY fighter has the german suplex. I saw Silva tossing Vitor around like he was Mark Coleman in his prime.

I've also seen Frank Mir doing the Showtime kick. Is EA making a Tekken game or a MMA game? I can't believe that I already miss Yukes. One more game and they would have nailed it after Undisputed 3.

oh, i agree with that. piss drinker Machida being a suplex machine is kinda jarring.

Yeah, I remember reading the "stupid WWE slams" in the demo thread. They must only watch MMA fights where no slams ever happened.

can you even finish a fight from a slam takedown? anxiously await to see a belly to belly slam ko.

rM-1-Challenge-2009---Rustam-Khabilov-vs-Akin-Duran---Brutal-suplex-knockout.gif

Majanew

Banned
oh, i agree with that. piss drinker Machida being a suplex machine is kinda jarring.

can you even finish a fight from a slam takedown? anxiously await to see a belly to belly slam ko.

rM-1-Challenge-2009---Rustam-Khabilov-vs-Akin-Duran---Brutal-suplex-knockout.gif

I doubt it, but the game needs slam KO's and the game needs Matt Hughes.

method=get&s=matt-hughes-carlos-newton-gif.gif

rkn

Everyone has the same move set? That is pretty disappointing, I was wondering why they were delaying showing any actual gameplay for so long.

Even calling every previous video released part of the "Gameplay Series"

Why the "back suplex" is so jarring is because it's a over exagerated form of a seat belt takedown from wrestling. In all of your gifs, even though you've probably searched the entire repertoire of slams made in MMA to find a similar one, there's none that is like the one in the game. If they were to go with great slams, they should have went with some that actually happened in the cage, not their own.

But the most jarring thing of all with it, is that every fighter can do it. Hell, make it a fireman carry for some of the more capable wrestlers, a crotch lift, or hell make it a simple strong double Leg to side control if you want to, whatever, but do not give a over the top slam that hasn't been seen in years or ever to every fighter possible, that is pure bullshit.

dcx4610

Everyone has the same move set? That is pretty disappointing, I was wondering why they were delaying showing any actual gameplay for so long.

Even calling every previous video released part of the "Gameplay Series"

It's the nature motion capturing. You can only put as many moves into the game as what you live capture. From what I've seen, every fighter has the exact same move set with the only difference being stats and certain character traits like Silva and Diaz taunting and Benson touching his hair.

Extremely disappointing but expected. I would have preferred the animated route that the Undisputed games took. Most of the fighters felt unique in that game since the moves could be hand animated to move like the real fighter.

Majanew

Banned
do not give a over the top slam that hasn't been seen in years or ever to every fighter possible, that is pure bullshit.

Hasn't been seen in years? lol

I agree with every fighter not doing moves they wouldn't do in real life, but there's nothing special about the slam in the demo.

maybe there's unique moves hidden in CAF.

they should also allow gi's and shinpads. Hoyce in shorts will be a sad sight :(

Royce wore shorts when he got beat down by Hughes.

I can confirm SOME fighters do not have their proper shorts. Anderson Silva and JDS specifically. Heard back from one of the devs on twitter saying they are working on improving things, but did not mention the shorts by name. The Director DID say that the reason they didn't have them was because "It's Complicated"

https://twitter.com/TheBrizzo/status/478627862669299712

Hasn't been seen in years? lol

I agree with every fighter not doing moves they wouldn't do in real life, but there's nothing special about the slam in the demo.

Royce wore shorts when he got beat down by Hughes.

Seeing how you've taken the sentence out of context, I don't even know why I take the time to reply to you. You might have Hughes slaming Trigg in your avatar, but it doen't mean squat if you don't know the difference between slams that has been done, and the one that has been created solely for this game, which looks like crap.

Majanew

Banned
Seeing how you've taken the sentence out of context, I don't even know why I take the time to reply to you. You might have Hughes slaming Trigg in your avatar, but it doen't mean squat if you don't know the difference between slams that has been done, and the one that has been created solely for this game, which looks like crap.

Out of context? You said it's an over the top slam that hasn't been seen in years. You're wrong. And I've been watching MMA since the first UFC in '93, so spare me.

So despite a rumor of day one 1080p patch on ps4 are the games basically the same across both consoles? A lot of friends are bailing out on buying now so I'm still on the fence which version I'm picking up.

dreamfall

Anyone go to the launch in NYC? I kind of wanted to, but it was a three hour drive so I just lazily watched the Germany/Portugal match!

I'm getting it on PS4, but I'm slightly worried about the ground game. I'm pretty solid in holding the computer down, and maintaining energy to posture up. But a ton of fights have ended for me mounting the opponent from a counter transition, and then throwing hammerfists.

Out of context? You said it's an over the top slam that hasn't been seen in years. You're wrong. And I've been watching MMA since the first UFC in '93, so spare me.

Bring on the knowledge then, where and when have you seen it? Been watching it for about 10 years, I'd really like to know what you've seen that I didn't. This unnatural takedown has not been seen, ever. The actual takedown that this over exagerated WWE-esque thing is based upon, is called a seat belt takedown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LcTzACQ7Lo

Slams have been made in the past and present, just not the one in the game. But do continue telling your feat of watching it since the first one! That's a good one to counter whatever arguments that's been thrown for sure!!

it's close enough to John Howard's leg hook DVD slam to be believable.

and i've seen spinning helicopter slams and perfectplexes in MMA.

rkn

They've been showing actual gameplay. From the old Pettis vs Aldo gameplay vid to this one the other day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRn2W3k69vA

Yeah, was mostly talking about the initial series of reveal vids, where they were showing off the deformation and weight. The fact that they waited so long to show proper gameplay vs in-engine stuff. I mean the game comes out tomorrow, and I'm admittedly behind the times, but have we even seen what the career mode looks like? Stat building? Mini games, whatever?

Pimpwerx

I didn't know that you can unlock Bruce Lee by beating the game on s certain difficulty. Knowing that, I'm gonna hold off on purchasing this game. Is there going to be a review thread? PEACE.

Dysun

I'm not buying your wolf tickets Scooter
OP is best OP, but they never should've released a demo for this game. They could've tricked me into buying it!

Agreed, I would have bought this turkey but the demo was a revelation. Worse than Undisputed

clear31

Will this be on the xbox one marketplace at midnight??? Never bought anything from the xbox one marketplace but considering this

beanman25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dzpRLsuPng / EA UFC Retail Gameplay #3- Ronda Rousey v Cat Zingano - PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G27BvrnZiVk / EA UFC Retail Gameplay #5 - Jon Jones v Wanderlei Silva - PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QReVw8FjIbY / EA UFC Retail Gameplay #6 - Junior Dos Santos v Roy Nelson - PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7SDaaM5ZWQ / EA UFC Retail Gameplay #7 - Francis Carmont v Chris Weidman - PS4

All fights are AI v AI on Pro difficulty.

Game's soundtrack is dope too!

clear31

Anyone go to the launch in NYC? I kind of wanted to, but it was a three hour drive so I just lazily watched the Germany/Portugal match!

I'm getting it on PS4, but I'm slightly worried about the ground game. I'm pretty solid in holding the computer down, and maintaining energy to posture up. But a ton of fights have ended for me mounting the opponent from a counter transition, and then throwing hammerfists.

I was nearby because I had a meeting near there. I was able to walk by but was running late, it didnt seem too busy at least when I went by.

Got a quick glimpse of Carlos Condit, Miesha Tate, Jon Jones, John Wall of the Washington Wizards, and Chuck Liddell. They had a octagon setup with a tv in there and looked to be interacting with fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dzpRLsuPng / EA UFC Retail Gameplay #3- Ronda Rousey v Cat Zingano - PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G27BvrnZiVk / EA UFC Retail Gameplay #5 - Jon Jones v Wanderlei Silva - PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QReVw8FjIbY / EA UFC Retail Gameplay #6 - Junior Dos Santos v Roy Nelson - PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7SDaaM5ZWQ / EA UFC Retail Gameplay #7 - Francis Carmont v Chris Weidman - PS4

All fights are AI v AI on Pro difficulty.

Game's soundtrack is dope too!

was it random choice? cause i don't see anyone picking Carmont for anything.

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY8seSvsun0

Game looks extremely fun. The final game seems to have a better pace than the demo as well. and while lots of fighters have moves that they dont normally do, it doesnt seem that everyone has the same movesets. Wiedman, Machida for example seem very distinct. and to be fair, im sure mir could pull off a showtime kick if he wanted. im actually ok with each fighter having a wide range of moves even if a few are unconventional. who knew that JDS/Bigfoot would start doing spinning heel kicks one day?

ron_bato

Got my copy, there's a 300 MB update file which I'm in the process of updating, then I'll be streaming in a while

PS Sorry, I have a terrible internet connection, so the quality will probably be poor

Here's the link for anybody interested: http://www.twitch.tv/ron_bato

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am looking forward to this game. I really liked the demo, but I know it is going to take alot of time to get good at the game. With a 2-year cycle, I think they should be able to update the game often and make some real strides for the 2016 edition.

ron_bato

Okay, so there's a bunch of stuff that improved from the demo.

-It took me a while to notice, but there's a bit more 'oomph' to the punches, still weak but an improvement
- score cards are announced now at the end of the fight
- fighter entrances only during 5 round fights, none for 3 rounders (why?)
- i tried playing a bit on hard mode and well, coming from easy mode in the demo, it is indeed hard lol I got owned by Pettis, but was competitive against Anderson and McGregoat
- if you didn't like the demo, this won't change your mind
- strikes feel faster at lower weight classes if this was your concern
- at normal difficulty, I was able to spam knee strikes in the thai clinch, however at higher difficulties it's hard
- it's hard to transition out when you're in bottom against the cpu, i imagine it will be this way against elite players
- framerate dipped for me a few times, but overall it was solid

N° 2048

Downloading from PSN now.

Went on the mobile site and then the game page and it showed the game as free.
Added to cart, checked out @ $0 and downloading now.

Same trick as previous pre orders on PSN

So stoked.

zinder

Okay, so there's a bunch of stuff that improved from the demo.

-It took me a while to notice, but there's a bit more 'oomph' to the punches, still weak but an improvement
- score cards are announced now at the end of the fight
- fighter entrances only during 5 round fights, none for 3 rounders (why?)
- i tried playing a bit on hard mode and well, coming from easy mode in the demo, it is indeed hard lol I got owned by Pettis, but was competitive against Anderson and McGregoat
- if you didn't like the demo, this won't change your mind
- strikes feel faster at lower weight classes if this was your concern
- at normal difficulty, I was able to spam knee strikes in the thai clinch, however at higher difficulties it's hard
- it's hard to transition out when you're in bottom against the cpu, i imagine it will be this way against elite players
- framerate dipped for me a few times, but overall it was solid

Sounds great. I saw a bit of your stream and really enjoyed it. Happy to see that the difficultly settings are actually hard, but I feel like it will be easy once you find a way to abuse it (like it happened in UFC Undisputed).

Can't wait to play it. Now it's up to PSN to release it on time..

So stoked.
Same thing here, but man, the game I'm downloading right now is not even 3gbs?!?! How is that possible. (and yes, it's the full game)

So stoked.

Damn that won't work for me, I go on the mobile site and it just says, "You Purchased This Product"

Top Bottom