• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports UFC |OT| Bigger than FIFA

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm not buying your wolf tickets Scooter
OP is best OP, but they never should've released a demo for this game. They could've tricked me into buying it!

I definitely think the demo cost them some sales. I'm buying the shit anyway because I'm done with Watch Dogs and the drought is still quite real but they have a lot to improve on in the next UFC game.

zsswimmer

I definitely think the demo cost them some sales. I'm buying the sht anyway because I'm done with Watch Dogs and the drought is still quite real but they have a lot to improve on in the next UFC game.

Im buying it for the same damn reason lol. I thought Watch_Dogs was great , but I guess I was only fooled by the honey moon period of the game where everything was fresh and new. Now I can't be bothered to play any of it at all, the missions aren't even fun because the AI is so damn stupid. I was playing it stealthily until I realized it was actually easier to just go Rambo on em. And not to even mention the same repetitive side 'missions'.

So I'm going to trade in Watch Dogs and some other games for this so it shouldn't cost me much. Hope I'm not disappointed with it, it looks great and I feel like once the controls click it will be very fun.

Majanew

Banned
Controls are a disappointment and I dislike the sub system, but I'm still getting day 1 because I am a damn junkie. I need my MMA fix, man. I needs it.

What are SHW? shit Heavy weights?

Super Heavyweights. anything from 265lb onwards.

magical division: Akebono, Sapp, Pudz, Lungu, Zuluzinho, Wakashoyo, Butterbean, Hong Man Choi, Giant Silva, Ambriz, Burneika....

koks_ozdobaauk3z.gif

GQman2121

Banned
The strikes feel good, but the ground stuff seems completely random and unresponsive. It turned me completely off during the demo.

Zach

Wow. This comes out on Tuesday? I'm not planning on getting it, but if it reviews surprisingly well I may take the plunge.

Alchemy

If the game is confirmed for 1080p on the PS4 I'll be really tempted to pick the game up right away just to support the effort. Otherwise I think I'm clearing out my backlog a little more before I get to it.

The UOC is doing a prize tournament, you can find the signup thread here.

Prizes below:
Grand Prize Winner for PS4
  • Limited Edition UOC Tournament poster.
  • $20 PSN Store Voucher.
  • Something special, courtesy of EA Sports.
Runner-up:
  • $10 PSN Store Voucher.

Grand Prize Winner for XB1
  • 1 year of XBox Live.
Runner-up:
  • $10 XBL Store Voucher.

I will be picking this up on Tues at Best Buy. For those who don't know if you pick it up on launch day you get a free Best of UFC 2013 blu ray set.

AVuaoMC.jpg

The UOC is doing a prize tournament, you can find the signup thread here.

Prizes below:
Grand Prize Winner for PS4
  • $20 PSN Store Voucher.
Runner-up:
  • $10 PSN Store Voucher.

Grand Prize Winner for XB1
  • 1 year of XBox Live.
Runner-up:
  • $10 XBL Store Voucher.

good stuff, Ezekel.

hey, EA, you could give something special to me too *wink*.

oxidax

I just played the demo and Man!! This game is difficult to get around. Im up for the challenge, tho. Pre-Ordered.

Its probably gonna get blasted by the reviewers.

dreamfall

I just played the demo and Man!! This game is difficult to get around. Im up for the challenge, tho. Pre-Ordered.

Its probably gonna get blasted by the reviewers.

Honestly, coming from the control scheme of Undisputed, it's been totally simplified. The quarter circle ground transitions are easier to understand than half/full transitions from before. But with this control scheme, we've lost some depth. Posturing up feels good, but reversals seem to put you in mount (L1 + transition) every time, unless I'm missing something.

Striking has been lifted from prior games, with high/low/power modifiers, but they've added context to the strikes (Uppercuts, ninja kicks off the wall, etc.) If anything, blocking a takedown feels counterintuitive, and the ability to work against the cage after pushing an opponent towards it doesn't seem to exist (to me maybe?)

Also working a butterfly guard- the half step transitions from the Undisputed games- is it in here?

I'm excited to fight with the entire roster, and for career modes. But I hope the complexities haven't been simplified to the point of it being both still slightly inaccessible and lacking depth. I think holding and blocking transitions on the ground are also a bit strange to maintain.

FUME5

Seems like a step back in both gameplay and features, ah well, at least EA can afford to fix the servers.

VASPER

Banned
That could be a term for it, yes.

All i saw was Sapp and was like he is terrible. The roster is slim, i really want a good Boxing game TBH. I love me some MMA but the games focus to hard on the ground game and making it over complicated IMO.

N° 2048

Demo has been getting lots of hate but I am loving it. Got it pre ordered on PSN..can't wait to play come Tuesday.

Pimpwerx

I'm going to preload my PSN wallet just in case, but I'm on the fence between buying it on PSN or renting from GameFly for a month. I hope someone breaks embargo. PEACE.

richprice79

Neo Member
I am going to download it tonight for xbox one. I was going to get it for PS4 but the rubber grips on my only controller are shedding everywhere grrrr!

I am getting this game even though it has the following issues because I love UFC. We can only hope it gets a lot more depth for the next installment.

1. Clinch game is terrible.
2. No doctor stoppage
3. Wall moves for all fighters (come on EA really)
4. Lacking ground depth compared to THQ games
5. No rag doll physics so KO's are the same couple of animations
6. They took away the ability to jump on a fighter once he is KO'd and have the ref pull you off.
7. Stamina seems to not punish you very much for spamming punches (demo impressions which may change on higher difficulty settings)
8. It seems like in the demo Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson are simply a pallet swap and not unique enough.

commedieu

Banned
Super Heavyweights. anything from 265lb onwards.

magical division: Akebono, Sapp, Pudz, Lungu, Zuluzinho, Wakashoyo, Butterbean, Hong Man Choi, Giant Silva, Ambriz, Burneika....

koks_ozdobaauk3z.gif

These two.. clearly shouldn't be in the same ring? The one man is in fact, a grizzly bear with a man-skinned suit.

Really debating getting this game, I'm on the fence. I liked the demo, but the controls are complicated to me. Also I don't like how in the demo, it turns into a slugfest instantly.

Thanks brotha.

Hope this day goes by fast.
Yea, me too. Wish they had preload on psn for this game. Was under the impression all games would have some form of preload, looks like I was wrong.

Really debating getting this game, I'm on the fence. I liked the demo, but the controls are complicated to me. Also I don't like how in the demo, it turns into a slugfest instantly.
With enough time, you'll get used to the controls. If you use a created fighter and put moves on yourself, you would probably feel more comfortable with them as well.

VASPER

Banned
^^Nice that some skill for 285, played the demo this morning and i really like it. Lets brawl on the Xbone if someone has one.

Shoe786

So I got my copy on Friday early thanks for a certain online retailer that ships their items ahead of the release date.

I'm not a big UFC fan, and just picked up this game hoping it would be closer to the Fight Night games EA used to put out. So far I'm actually pretty disappointed in the game, at least in career mode or any fights against AI opponents. The difficulty settings feel off, on easy mode opponents don't defend themselves that well and get KO'd within the first round easily. Anything normal and above, they parry way too well and takedowns take 3-4 attempts because of how well they defend.

My biggest issues so far are the takedown and clinch defenses being unresponsive. The window to defend against takedowns and clinchs feel way too short and I get taken down twice a round even if I see it coming a mile away. This has really turned me off from playing more of the career mode and takes a lot out of the enjoyment of the game. If I had a choice, I would want my money back.

Morphis

Love the thread title :)

Haven't gotten a next gen system yet. I hope that PC port that I read about some time ago becomes reality, but I have little hope tbh. Ah well, I'll prolly have a PS4 by the time the sequel hits :)

Curious to see impressions.

Top Bottom