• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#EAgamescom 2016 Livestream I 18:15 BST / 19:15 CET / 10:15 AM PST / 1:15 PM EST

0racle

a few years from now we will look back at commentary on games and it will be the most awkward, cringeworthy thing the industry has ever seen.

Tovarisc

a few years from now we will look back at commentary on games and it will be the most awkward, cringeworthy thing the industry has ever seen.

I doubt shoutcasting is going anywhere any time soon, especially when eSports is only growing industry.

R0nn

eSports has been a big thing for quite a few years now. It's not going to go away anytime soon, if ever.

Spookie

Relatively of course. On par than TF1 which is fine.

The super low TTK made the game awfully boring on the PC, you'd be spotted and dead before you can react. Move as fast as you like, but if all the guns are laser accurate you'll die before that grapple hits a wall. It just artificially lowers the skill cap for weaker players. I doubt we're going to see the same love applied to this, as to Overwatch, with the balancing being handled separately between PC/Console.

Adam M

Unbelievable that they still don't wanna show us the new mass effect and still telling us that it's coming Q1 2017

Keasar

They really need to offer a option to choose between either first or third person animations when doing executions or entering your titan, I prefer the constant first person animation in TF1.

Also wish they would play on the PC version. Much cooler use of wallrunning techniques and also no auto-aiming.

Not really liking what the grappling hook has done to their map design. Need to try it out this weekend. Doesn't look like it's going to be the lightning in a bottle that Titanfall was for me though.

Game looks great, just hate the change to third person embarking and executions. Really helped the immersion, and was awesome to have your Titan just grab you and stuff you in from a first person POV.

JP

You've missed 50 minutes of FIFA, 5 minutes of NHL and 25 minutes of Titanfall 2. No Battlefield 1 so far.
Thanks, the times appeared to be a bit off so I was worried that I missed the one thing I really wanted to see :)

Sushigod7

Not really liking what the grappling hook has done to their map design. Need to try it out this weekend. Doesn't look like it's going to be the lightning in a bottle that Titanfall was for me though.

Yeah not liking what I see but these players don't seem to be using it correctly either its painful to watch.

Keasar

I think it may be because they're trying to play Titanfall like CoD. Hopefully the news maps allow the same level of wall running as the old ones.

That's the thing. They seem to be playing it like Call of Duty. I'm looking at the maps and see the lovely potential of getting around quick as hell and thanks to the grappling hook. Then again, I played on the PC and from what I understand, the console version did not come close to the technical skills of using the movement in Titanfall.

This is perfect for me.

Was afraid I'd end up buying COD, BF1, and TF2.

Now looks like I can eliminate TF2 from my list and just wait until it's on EA Access.

That's the thing. They seem to be playing it like Call of Duty. I'm looking at the maps and see the lovely potential of getting around quick as hell and thanks to the grappling hook. Then again, I played on the PC and from what I understand, the console version did not come close to the technical skills of using the movement in Titanfall.

I play on Xbox One and while it can get a little more sloppy because of the analog sticks, I've been able to pull of a lot of great stuff, primarily through interesting traversal of the maps. There's just not a lot of momentum or flow to the way these guys are playing, which was why I loved the first one so much.

ncslamm

They're doing a great job at making this game look bad. Any time there's some action they cut to another player. Not to mention that same Titan melee takedown animation they showed 10 times.

Gaz_RB

Damn I was hoping we'd see a bit more of an evolution in the MP in TF2. Looks too similar to TF1 for me to get hyped. Still excited for the SP.

Bring on BF1.

Keasar

The new bounty mode sounds like a significant improvement over the snorefest that was Attrition. God I hated the popularity of the worst mode (after Pilot only) in the game.

Edit: And he mentioned that there doesn't seem to be any A.I on any of the gamemodes except the neutral A.I in Bounty mode.

Goddamnit Respawn, don't listen to the people who have no clue about how the game worked!

ps3ud0

Terrible conference so far but at least TF2 was 99% gameplay - just need to see people not play it like COD

ps3ud0 8)

Top Bottom