• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ellen Page (Inception Juno, etc) is now Elliot Page.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I’m curious what percentage of the trans community knows for sure they’re trans and what percentage are just homosexual and are convinced by society or outside influences that they are trans when they really aren’t.

I think society has made it easier today for people to come out due to new acceptance but I also think society has made knowing who you are more confusing than ever before.

Serious question:

How much of this trans stuff is really about gay people being ashamed of being gay?
I'm not sure it's even about being ashamed, as it is social pressure to conform and not be labelled transphobic being higher up on the oppression totem than homosexuality.

She has got her terms wrong however. She can't be a queer dude unless she's into cock now.

It is ridiculous how wokeness has ended up with it's own version of 'praying the gay away' though.

It's not just lesbians that are getting brainwashed into this either.

Bit of a Tomboy? You're actually a dude.
Short hair? Dude.
Like to wear trousers? Dude.
Enjoy sports? Well you can't possibly be a woman!

Long story short, JK Rowling is right.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
ugh its this history-rewriting shit that makes me rmde at this stuff

no, you saw her when she was still identifying as a woman. you didn't see her in the past and know she was going to retroactively change her fucking gender.

its like a fucking cult, somebody says the magic words "my name is a man name now, my pronouns are thus" and everyone reacts in this spellbound way, straight up twisting their own personal history to fit the new fashion. fucking scary.

Last edited:

Liamario

Banned
This is all very confusing and for anyone to suggest otherwise is full of it. That said if it makes her happy, it's nobody else's business.

UnNamed

Banned
I’m curious what percentage of the trans community knows for sure they’re trans and what percentage are just homosexual and are convinced by society or outside influences that they are trans when they really aren’t.
Instead of a true introspection to really know who you really are, look at those sites like Resetera and you'll find out you're pan-holosexual with a female dick with more than three pronounces, she/ze/thelf/albatross.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Women switching into men are still fine for me

But men switching into female really scares me

As for her, i dont really care for her decision

She can do whatever she wants

Last edited:
atUlQPjjMTHX.gif

GUYS!!! He is not an attention whore anymore. He is an attention manwhore! Get your pronouns straight before we all get cancelled.

Got that He Pussy.

So could “Elliot” still play a current female character? Because you know Scarjo couldn’t participate in a film where she wasn’t a female.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I'm not sure it's even about being ashamed, as it is social pressure to conform and not be labelled transphobic being higher up on the oppression totem than homosexuality.

She has got her terms wrong though. She can't be a queen dude unless she's into cock now.

It is ridiculous how wokeness has ended up with it's own version of 'praying the gay away' though.

It's not just l3sbians that are getting brainwashed into this though.

Bit of a Tomboy? You're actually a dude.
Short hair? Dude.
Like to wear trousers? Dude.
Enjoy sports? Well you can't possibly be a woman!

Long story short, JK Rowling is right.

Totally agree. the far left and far right joining hands together in their stupidity.

No different for a young gay person to be pushed into trans therapy than it is for them to pushed into gay conversion therapy. End of.

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
When I first read the news it was titled as 'Elliot Page, Juno and Umbrella Academy star comes out as Transgender' and I was like.. one of Ellen Page's co-stars was transgender? I wonder which one?

:messenger_grimmacing_

This isn't really surprising news. He was already openly gay but I guess now he's a heterosexual white male? At least the name is essentially the same. I had to do a double-take when Ron Artest became Metta World Peace.

Collin

Banned
happy for him, gonna be lots of jokes and anger made at his expense, i can already imagine the ben shapiros and steven crowders of the world really laying into him about this, but that’s the name of the game i guess. i think when people get mad at trans people coming out, they’re more getting mad at the sjw “savior” types who i agree are annoying as fuck, but some people just wanna live and be themselves and i can get behind that. it def takes some balls to reveal this publicly!! (pun intended)

Last edited:

Fbh

If it makes him happy then more power to him.
Just kinda stupid question but shouldn't his pronouns be hi/him? Why the "they"?.

So ehm what does this even mean for Season 3 of Umbrella Academy is her character now trans as well or do they just cast another actress for her role? Realistically if she goes trough with this her career is probably over anyway since no one will cast her as a very feminine looking guy unless the role specifically asks for it.

It's Netflix, they'll probably gladly make the character trans now She already went from straight to lesbian or at least bi in season 2

I also wouldn't say his career is over. Things as they are, there's probably going to be an increased demand for trans characters in movies/tv shows in the future.

cryptoadam

Banned
Wasn't she gay?

Is he now straight again?

How about his lesbian wife? Did she turn straight?

I'm very confused about the logistics.

I had the same question because ze referes to zimself as trans queer.

So is ze a women who became a man and likes men? or a women who liked women and became a man and now likes women?

Didn't know ze was married. So if ze is married to a womxn, and ze is now a man, ze is now straight according to trans logic.

All I know is if Elliot Page winds up with a bigger dong than me after ze's surgery I will be pissed.

Top Bottom