• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Entourage Rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I love it. Thank GOD for HBO. Six Feet Under has been on a roll, too! I'm not too keen on Ali G, but Russel Simmon's Def Poetry is amazing.

robot

Awesome show, just wish it was an hour. From what I read it's already been picked up for another season.

Yeah, I really wish it was longer too. Sometimes I wonder if shows like this or CYE would be better if they were an hour long...

Bacon said:
Yeah, I really wish it was longer too. Sometimes I wonder if shows like this or CYE would be better if they were an hour long...

Naw, I don't think they would. It would just start to drag, imo.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Love the show. Fairly new to it, but I'm catching up. Ali G rocks!

AlphaSnake

HalfPastNoon said:
What show? Entourage? It's 2 weeks old, dork. You're basically caught up.

Seriously? I thought there was like 5 episodes. Well, then. I rock. I'm gonna' go bone your ex, now.

I caught the second episode last night on accident. I had heard nothing about it up until then and I loved it. Downloading the first episode as we speak. Well, as I speak.

Azwethinkweiz said:
I caught the second episode last night on accident. I had heard nothing about it up until then and I loved it. Downloading the first episode as we speak. Well, as I speak.

The second episode aired tonight...

Bacon said:
The second episode aired tonight...

Really? I guess it was the first episode then. I started watching 5 minutes into it and it just didn't seem like a pilot episode. I guess anything could've happened in those first 5 minutes though.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So what ep was the one where he had to decide weather or no he was gonna do Matterhorn? Thats the only one I've seen so far and I thought it was pretty good. Nobody fucks with Bunny yo!

Brian Fellows said:
So what ep was the one where he had to decide weather or no he was gonna do Matterhorn? Thats the only one I've seen so far and I thought it was pretty good. Nobody fucks with Bunny yo!

That was the very first episode. Episode two was earlier this evening. I busted out laughing during the first episode when the guy's agent called informing him that Colin Farrel had taken the role he was orginally offered, and ultimately turned down.

"Man, Collin Farrel is good. He's a big star..."

"yeah...."

*blank stares*

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Good deal. I still havent seen ep 1 from the start but I saw most of it I think. Time to get over to exlpoding star to find ep 2.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
I feel pretty mixed about the show so far. I will admit that there are some funny moments but I just cannot stand any of the characters. They're all shallow, vapid people and it would seem that they are just begging to be satirized. I get the impression, however, that we're supposed to like them.

Minotauro said:
I feel pretty mixed about the show so far. I will admit that there are some funny moments but I just cannot stand any of the characters. They're all shallow, vapid people and it would seem that they are just begging to be satirized. I get the impression, however, that we're supposed to like them.

Well, I think if your looking for a show with really deep intellectual characters, this probably isn't the one, but that's the point. They're just a couple of guys from Queens getting swept up in fame and fortune.

I still like the characters even with the complaints you gave.

Fatalah

Every character in their group of friends represents somebody in my group of friends. from the smart-alac-ego-guy, to the pretty-boy, to the sex-slob, to the serious-guy.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I just watched the first three episodes, and I'm rather digging it. Sure, it's not high art or anything, but it's funny and the way the four guys all hang out and interact is entertaining. They're slowly fleshing the characters out with brief moments, and it's only the first bit of the first season, so as of now I'll say that there's definitely potential here for more than just what some of you are calling superficial/shallow entertainment. And if that doesn't pan out, I still find it funny.

dorio

Banned
It's okay, it has its moments, but there isn't much there. It's kind of a one note show with little depth. It should be interesting where they take it. I'll watch it but I'm mostly watching because its nested between Six Feet and Ali G.

karasu

Anybody still watching?

I thought Val Kilmer was hilarious on this weeks episode, and I was surprised as hell to see Jaymee Ong on it. @_@ The interaction between these characters is great.

009.jpg

Dan

I thought the series was doing really well until the fifth episode. From 1-4 it was getting better and better, but the fifth episode was just a one joke affair. Wow, everyone in Hollywood needs pot. I got it the first time. Val Kilmer was funny in the fact that he'd take the role and there were a few other good gags, but it was definitely the worst episode so far. I liked the others, this one was just a letdown, unfortunately.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Ugh, I caught the Jessica Alba episode the other night and was horrified. Except for Jeremy Piven, I could not find one redeeming factor in the show. Most of it seemed to center around allowing the incredibly stale stereotypical twentysomething males to make terrible one-liners (each one fitting their uninspired character, of course), or demonstrating how cool of a lifestyle this hip young movie star and his three idiot do-nothing friends have. When they arrived at Jessica Alba's party and she announced, "Drinks are there, bathroom's there, and girls are...EVERYWHERE!" I wanted to cry. It seems like the OC with a few more characters and more stupidity.

Dan said:
I thought the series was doing really well until the fifth episode. From 1-4 it was getting better and better, but the fifth episode was just a one joke affair. Wow, everyone in Hollywood needs pot. I got it the first time. Val Kilmer was funny in the fact that he'd take the role and there were a few other good gags, but it was definitely the worst episode so far. I liked the others, this one was just a letdown, unfortunately.

Obviously you've never been involved in a city when there is a drought. It's funny because it's true.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
human5892 said:
Ugh, I caught the Jessica Alba episode the other night and was horrified. Except for Jeremy Piven, I could not find one redeeming factor in the show. Most of it seemed to center around allowing the incredibly stale stereotypical twentysomething males to make terrible one-liners (each one fitting their uninspired character, of course), or demonstrating how cool of a lifestyle this hip young movie star and his three idiot do-nothing friends have. When they arrived at Jessica Alba's party and she announced, "Drinks are there, bathroom's there, and girls are...EVERYWHERE!" I wanted to cry. It seems like the OC with a few more characters and more stupidity.

Dan said:

These 2 posts confuse me greatly. What is stupid about a group of friends making money, having fun, dropping dumb one liners, and going to parties? Who has not had a funny experience trying to find weed? For those that don't know the show is based loosely on Mark Whalberg and his entourage, I'm sure that most of the things in the show have actually happened to Marky Mark.

The show has interesting storylines, decent dialogue, and lots of pretty scenery, I can't complain.
I would choose CYE over Entourage any day though.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Sactown said:
These 2 posts confuse me greatly. What is stupid about a group of friends making money, having fun, dropping dumb one liners, and going to parties? Who has not had a funny experience trying to find weed? For those that don't know the show is based loosely on Mark Whalberg and his entourage, I'm sure that most of the things in the show have actually happened to Marky Mark.
If I wanted to watch four dumbasses making stupid comments to each other and attending trite, self-absorbed parties while trying to get marijuana, I'd follow almost any group of people from my college around. I don't need a show about it.

The show has interesting storylines, decent dialogue, and lots of pretty scenery, I can't complain.
The show I saw consisted of the four guys briefly talking to Piven about a movie, buying an expensive car and driving around with it, and going to Jessica Alba's party. That is nowhere near an interesting storyline in my book.

Though I've watched every episode so far, I'm losing interest. The problem I have with it is that there is no conflict, every episode ends with everything worked out.

I thought they had something for a minute with the friction between Eric and Vince's agent, but they downplayed it. I'll still check it out, as it's not supposed to be a serious drama, and I may be expecting too much from it, but it's getting repetitive.

Celicar

Banned
I HATE Entourage, although I have watched all the episodes I believe. I'm waiting for it to get funny. It hasn't happened yet. And I really hate that fat friend. He's so annoying. I hope he gets written out of the show. Then it might be more watchable.

Dan

Sactown said:
These 2 posts confuse me greatly. What is stupid about a group of friends making money, having fun, dropping dumb one liners, and going to parties? Who has not had a funny experience trying to find weed?

Slick_Advanced said:
Obviously you've never been involved in a city when there is a drought. It's funny because it's true.
I didn't say it wasn't funny. I just don't need a 30 minute episode dedicated to that one joke. I got it. And then the writers proceeded to try and make me laugh with the same joke a dozen more times. Every single plot thread's high point or punchline in the episode ended up being the same. It was just the same joke being recycled several times within a short time frame. It was funny, and then it was overused and grew tiresome real fast. Everyone that I watched the episode with had that same thought when it was over.

AlphaSnake

The 5th episode was a bit mediocre. But it was still pretty funny. I love this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom