• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal is out on Peacock

jason10mm

Gold Member
Very curious about this. I find Anthony Mackie to be a very bland leading man, but charming in interviews so hopefully he has more humor or something.

I do like Stephanie Beatriz so hopefully this show earns that TV-MA rating for more than just violence and language.

Eotheod

Horrible first episode, not much to it and I'm pretty sure they tried to chuck a Sony logo in every shot that had a CD. Old mate is boring as paint and the action is laughable.

TheMan

Watched 15 mins of the first episode and I was not hooked at all. Plan to give another shot tonight though

First episode was decent. Still think that Neve Campbell is Calypso, despite how hard the show wants us to think she's Raven (edit: I was wrong)
Second episode was kinda rough... seeing Sweet Tooth turned into a Sisqo-loving joke like this must be tough for David Jaffe lol

I'll try to check out the rest of the season during the weekend.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I had a good time. You guys need to really get over the whole "this isn't exactly the game" aspect of it.

It's no worse than 98% of the TV that exists. If you just turn up to have some fun and laugh a few times, cringe others, you will end up enjoying it 🤷‍♂️

Not sure what else there was to expect from this show, considering the game practically has no story I think they did a good job

ElRenoRaven

I'll echo thoughts from another thread but keep it short.

I went in expecting trash after the trailers etc. It isn't the game's world but it was adapted to the medium insnaely well. The 1st season is mainly setting up this world for future season or seasons and did a great job of that. I actually loved the show's 1st season and had a 100 percent turn around from where I was before it came out.

M.W.

It's really fucking stupid and Neve Campbell is pure shit in it. With that said, it's still a good time.

Finished up the season, and I'm shocked because the bastards did it... they actually managed to make a decent TV show based on Twisted Metal. Lots of fan service, and I'm actually looking forward to a second season.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I liked it. I must have missed how Quiet started talking though, wasn't her tongue cut out?

So S2 is all about the "Game of Death" style competition? Was that the premise of the games?

Soundtrack was banging, so many classic 90's tunes.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Glad to hear it did great. I started off as pretty meh but by the end I was loving it. I think a S2 is all but confirmed now at after that ending (where the show should have begun lol), I cannot wait for more.

And I didn't expect deep cut references to Twisted Metal 3 of all things.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Low expectations next year they’ll be a game
Video Games Ghost GIF by Call of Duty

Fbh

Ended up watching the whole show, it was better than expected but still pretty bad.
Best part was Sweet Tooth IMO, I think most of his scenes nailed the type of dark humor I wanted from the show. The actual main characters on the other hand feel like they are trying too hard to be funny, and most jokes fall flat.

Probably none?

Wasn't he an employee of Sony at the time?
Yep, he explained as much in a recent video about the show.

I was going to link the video but I can't find it anymore on his YouTube channel... weird.

Edit: Found it, it was a live stream so that's why it wasn't listed under his videos. YouTube integration is fucking up the link so just copy & paste

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/live/G-X2LQx0HaM?feature=share&t=557

Last edited:
Top Bottom