• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store Free Games

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

That’s according to Dealabs user billbil-kun, who has accurately leaked various Epic Games Store, PlayStation Plus and Xbox Game Pass promotions for over a year.

Asked if it’s set to repeat the promotion again this year, billbil-kun said the offer will be running sometime between December 15 and January 10, 2023.

Reactions: Fuz
I have an old epic account linked to my amazon account but I cannot remember the old email I used for it. If I know the mail I would be able to log in to epic. Is there any way to unlink my amazon from epic? I know only amazon's login credentials.

Orta

Banned
Sorry for going off topic but my epic account has been hacked. I have very little on it but obviously its concerning that some cunt was able to do it. Obviously I've contacted Epic in the past few minutes, have any if you guys had it happen and was the outcome positive?

Edit: and just now a Russian email from Steam presumably about changing my password.

Great.

Edit 2: Microsoft and Google accounts now. Sign-in activity from Colombia.

How fun!

Last edited:

BabyYoda

Banned
Sorry for going off topic but my epic account has been hacked. I have very little on it but obviously its concerning that some cunt was able to do it. Obviously I've contacted Epic in the past few minutes, have any if you guys had it happen and was the outcome positive?

Edit: and just now a Russian email from Steam presumably about changing my password.

Great.

How fun!
That sucks dude! Did you not use any protection on your accounts? I did get my xbox account back and it all went well, that was a long time ago though.

You sure they've actually been hacked and the emails are not just phishing attempts?

Philfrag

Banned

Great.

How fun!
I started to get emails about attempts on my icloud account but I had 2 factor on my iphone. The attempt was from China. I then started to get the same on other accounts of mine. I very quickly raced to get 2 factor authentication on all my accounts and changed the passwords. Then I got an email from Rockstar completely in Chinese. I used google translate and it said my password had been changed. Luckily I managed to get it back. Its a horrible feeling though, like someone's broken into your house or something. Now I make sure I have 2 factor authentication on everything. I don't care how annoying or long winded it may be.

Orta

Banned
That sucks dude! Did you not use any protection on your accounts? I did get my xbox account back and it all went well, that was a long time ago though.

You sure they've actually been hacked and the emails are not just phishing attempts?

Yeah, hacked unfortunately. Password has been changed and my email address isn't recognised either.

My Xbox and Steam account had attempted attacks on them too around the same time. Is it usually peoples software library these scumbags are primarily after or credit card details?

As above, you do feel somewhat violated :messenger_pouting:

Last edited:

BabyYoda

Banned
Yeah, hacked unfortunately. Password has been changed and my email address isn't recognised either.

My Xbox and Steam account had attempted attacks on them too around the same time. Is it usually peoples software library these scumbags are primarily after or credit card details?

As above, you do feel somewhat violated :messenger_pouting:
Violated is the word, since then I used more complex passwords and authentication when available. Hopefully you can get your accounts back dude.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Great.

How fun!
Sorry to hear that! I hope you're able to recover everything quickly.

Tip to all: ALWAYS use 2FA. Even if you don't think you'll need it. It's a life-saver.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
How do you figure? I’ve never heard this at all
I don't want to talk anyone out of it, if you feel safer and are not very experienced with security, go for it. It does help. But it's also a giant annoyance that puts the burden on the user instead of who should be the ones to provide good security - the companies.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I don't want to talk anyone out of it, if you feel safer and are not very experienced with security, go for it. It does help. But it's also a giant annoyance that puts the burden on the user instead of who should be the ones to provide good security - the companies.
Maybe. But most leaks are from human error, are they not? Or am I mistaken?

I also think it is our responsibility to protect our stuff in addition to the company acting properly.

badblue

But it's also a giant annoyance that puts the burden on the user instead of who should be the ones to provide good security - the companies.
The companies have no idea who is trying to log into the account, so they need the person that owns the account to verify that it's them. Maybe you have a VPN on or are visiting another country, they have no way of knowing. 2FA is how to do that.

Orta

Banned
Great service from Epic Games, my account hacked, I provided them with every scrap of evidence they asked for to verify it was my account (ip address, account name, email address, location, transaction id's, credit card numbers, screenshots of receipts,) and here is the response from some idiot named Tony Gold...

Hey There!

Thank you so much for trying to provide all your account information. Let me kindly inform you that after comparing your general information with the information we have in our database, we are unable to verify your ownership of this account. We take the protection of our players seriously, so we cannot proceed with your request. We hope you understand that it is our priority to protect all our players in our system and also their data.

If another issue shall arise, please do not hesitate to contact us, you can always count on us!

Regards,
Tony Gold

You can always count on us, what a fucking joke. I'm livid :messenger_pouting:

Orta

Banned
Bit my tongue but got back to them, this is the latest reply...

Hi once again, There!

After reviewing the answers you've provided, I would like to share with you that the information received seem to vary from the data that we have in our records.

To honor the commitment that we have towards the protection of your account, we'll avoid doing any changes to the account for the time being.

I've been reading online and a few other people have found themselves in a similar situation. One problem that comes up is conflicting ip addresses due to account owners having changed isp from the time of creating their account to it being hacked. That applies to me but they win't tell you what piece of info the issue is with.

Ludicrous.

• Triggered

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll

Great.

How fun!
Because of this incident, I take permission from my phone even when I go to the toilet now. Welcome the future!

I'm sorry for you mate, I hope your problem will be solved as soon as possible.

Orta

Banned
Getting nowhere with the cunts. Just the same we cannot verify you as the owner of the account. Fine then you fucking useless pricks, if there is anything I want from your store in future I damn well know how I'll be getting them.

Absolute mongs. Off the top of my head I've lost about 60 games, quite a few of them paid for too, some full price.

• Empathy

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Getting nowhere with the cunts. Just the same we cannot verify you as the owner of the account. Fine then you fucking useless pricks, if there is anything I want from your store in future I damn well know how I'll be getting them.

Absolute mongs. Off the top of my head I've lost about 60 games, quite a few of them paid for too, some full price.

How the fuck can they not verify you’re the owner of the account after being supplied receipts?
Another reason for me not to buy anything from these pricks.

Hope you get your account back.

Orta

Banned
How the fuck can they not verify you’re the owner of the account after being supplied receipts?
Another reason for me not to buy anything from these pricks.

Hope you get your account back.

Unreal isn't it? Receipts with my name, email address and card number on them.

Tbh this has left such a sour taste I don't want it back. Am waiting on that dick to get back to me and I'm going to give him the most slanderous, libelous mouthful he's ever gotten in his life.

Fuz

Banned
Unreal isn't it? Receipts with my name, email address and card number on them.

Tbh this has left such a sour taste I don't want it back. Am waiting on that dick to get back to me and I'm going to give him the most slanderous, libelous mouthful he's ever gotten in his life.
Take your story to twitter, tagging the store and Timmy Tencent. The only thing they might be wary about it's bad advertising.

Orta

Banned
Will do. If it wasn't such a cesspit I'd register for ResetEra and post it up there. They tend to get lots of coverage. Actually I could pretend I'm a disabled transgender POC and before you know it the purple haired ResetEra fire and pitchfork brigade would be outside Epic HQ's demanding justice and cancelling left right and center!

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Will do. If it wasn't such a cesspit I'd register for ResetEra and post it up there. They tend to get lots of coverage. Actually I could pretend I'm a disabled transgender POC and before you know it the purple haired ResetEra fire and pitchfork brigade would be outside Epic HQ's demanding justice and cancelling left right and center!
That's also a good idea!

//DEVIL//

That's also a good idea!
You should have let with that, to be honest. give them proof of purchase of something you bought under your credit card under your name. they might ask for an ID to verify who you are, you can do that as well by just sending them a copy of your driving license.

Honestly, I am surprised it's taking you this long, what is also surprising is that you do not have 2FA. I mean,, cmon lol.

PhoenixTank

Great.

How fun!
You may want to whack your email into haveibeenpwned to at least check whether passwords have been compromised, or if this is empty, you've been brute forced. Won't help with Epic... and quite possibly just closing the stable door after the horse has bolted but might help ID any other potential fuckeries coming your way.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
In shocking twist the first mystery free game is Bloons TD 6.

Eagle eyes on reddit say the trophy in tomorrow's mystery game is from Horizon Chase Turbo.
Cool - I love these games. I already own this on Steam though, but I'll still redeem it.

Unlimited coupons are back

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

But it's 25% off any game over $14.99, instead of $10 off

Bored Season 5 GIF by The Office

Orta

Banned
Well I guess that's that. Sent several more emails pleading for help and they've ignored them all for the past two days.

Fucking scumbags. How do you like that, my account hacked and in their eyes I'm the untrustworthy one :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Unfuckingbelievable. Never again, Epic could be handing out free 4090's tonight and I think I'd still tell them to shove them up their cunts.

Top Bottom