• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store Free Games

Wildebeest

I feel like I'm the only person who absolutely loved the original Enemy Unknown (1994 game), but hated both X-COM and X-COM 2. They both felt like inferior games.
I didn't hate the Firaxis reboot, but they were certainly missed something. X-COM Apocalypse was more ambitious at least. The simplified board game type design made it feel like more of a clinical design. Clean, but also sterile.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Is Xcom 2 still fun to play without any expansions? The only Xcom game I ever played was the original one back in the 90s(00s?). I liked it, but is was very hard! Then again I was pretty young then, I have more patience now.
War of the Chosen expansion also cleans up and optimizes the code so loading doesn't take forever and a day anymore.

myfriendtim

SweetShark

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I keep forgetting adding these games to my library since the quality has become so poor.

Sentenza

I mean, they must be pretty cheap by now? They are great games indeed, will play them again one day
Yeah, I think you can probably buy a Steam key for them for 2-3 dollars each at this point.

EDIT: LITERALLY.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
New free games on EGS: Jotun, Prey, and Redout.

eYtEfQH.jpg

Last edited:

manfestival

I didn't get prey last time but I got it this time. Redout is pretty neat and picked that up too. Definitely gonna check them out when I get a chance.

Wildebeest

If you already played Prey, the version of Prey they give out includes Mooncrash DLC which is like Deathloop but less hyped and much better.
Surely a mystery game means a AAA title? It’s not going to be a repeat or jank.
Probably means they are still negotiating a deal. Maybe that means the deal is hot, or maybe it means the people they are negotiating with are just slow.

I still have not played Prey, It just looks so boring but I keep hearing great things about it. I'll give it a go this year since no Starfield and all backlog is a thing.

Banned
I still have not played Prey, It just looks so boring but I keep hearing great things about it. I'll give it a go this year since no Starfield and all backlog is a thing.

Prey is the best immersive sim to release in at least a decade.
hence why many fans of the genre praise it so much.

you have to like the genre of course. I'm not the biggest immersive sim guy but I love the game

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Just grabbed Final Fantasy VII, finally at a non retarded price with both a discount and a coupon applied. :rolleyes:
i'm tempted to get it. works out £37.26 which is a 53% discount!

the thing is even if i buy it right now i'm not going to play it for a while so i don't know if i should grab the game now at this price or wait a bit longer until i do have time lol

Last edited:

JimboJones

i'm tempted to get it. works out £37.26 which is a 53% discount!

the thing is even if i buy it right now i'm not going to play it for a while so i don't know if i should grab the game now at this price or wait a bit longer until i do have time lol
It is tempting!
Takes up near 100GB on the drive so watch out for that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Kinda legit looking forward to more Idle Champions freebies next week

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

A F2P mobile game as freebie. So generous, Tim.
No idea about Tannenberg, is that at least any good?
Not even a F2P mobile game being free (it's always free) - it's that you have to connect it to your Epic account and launch the game through Epic and log in to get the "bonuses" they're giving out for free.

Have we finally reached Amazon Prime Gaming levels of bottom of the barrel?

T-Cake

Jesus you two, talk about entitled.

That argument is old hat now. Epic want the traffic to their store so they need to provide good games. Clearly their strategy during summer months (when the northern hemisphere doesn’t game as much) is to provide shovelware and save the best offerings until Christmas.

Tams

That argument is old hat now. Epic want the traffic to their store so they need to provide good games. Clearly their strategy during summer months (when the northern hemisphere doesn’t game as much) is to provide shovelware and save the best offerings until Christmas.
And?

It's free stuff. None of it is earnt or deserved. It's just marketing. So complaining about not getting something you want is being entitled.

Top Bottom