• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store Free Games

Tranquil

I did but they removed it from my account.
Still shows as directors cut on my account.

PCbSWtQ.jpg

zeomax

My changed to the normal version. I am installing it now. Maybe the two addons are the upgrade to the DC version.

ds0ectx.jpg

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
So what, dare I ask, am I missing by not having the Director's Cut of the game I'm probably never gonna play?
To me it's more of numbers game, quantity over quality, so I don't care what version it it. As long as I get another game to add to the 200+ EGS games I redeem but never play then I'm happy.

Now I might be a little jealous of the people who got both the base game and the Director's Cut since they went up by 2 instead of 1.

JayK47

Interesting that it was swapped from Directors Cut to Standard. I was unable to grab it when it came online. Figured I could wait to grab it later. Oops. Oh well, Standard will be fine for free.

GHG

Two bangers in a row.

Ok Epic I might give you some money and upgrade death Stranding to the DC version.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
one more thing why epic is so bad and why digital future is terrible.
it happened with gta iv and rockstar modifying the game, removing music, breaking it even more and adding r* launcher.
And not it happened with Saints row IV. I guess Epic owns them or something because SR4 steam got patched and now installs epic crap when you launch it, breaks your old saves, changes stuff, breaks the camera and some powers.... Thanks epic. Thanks digital future.

GHG

it happened with gta iv and rockstar modifying the game, removing music, breaking it even more and adding r* launcher.
And not it happened with Saints row IV. I guess Epic owns them or something because SR4 steam got patched and now installs epic crap when you launch it, breaks your old saves, changes stuff, breaks the camera and some powers.... Thanks epic. Thanks digital future.

This isn't a situation isolated to Epic. PC is pretty much all digital and has been for a long time now. What exactly are you proposing here?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This isn't a situation isolated to Epic. PC is pretty much all digital and has been for a long time now. What exactly are you proposing here?
Not sure. I am just angry and annoyed that YET ANOTHER time, either rockstar or epic add launchers to my fucking games i've bought years ago, change them, remove features, update(break) and so on.
There is old version "beta" branch on steam. but it also broke some things. they must've updated that too. fkn hell

GHG

Not sure. I am just angry and annoyed that YET ANOTHER time, either rockstar or epic add launchers to my fucking games i've bought years ago, change them, remove features, update(break) and so on.
There is old version "beta" branch on steam. but it also broke some things. they must've updated that too. fkn hell

If it's a game you've already purchased then I'd have no qualms in dealing with the situation via "unofficial" means. I mean if they want to make it so that you can't play the game then what other choice are you left with?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
From someone who claims they've been a previous pc gamer it baffles me you are crying about digital future on pc when it has been the case for pc gaming in like fifteen years.

But again, you also complained about how hard it is to install a driver so my guess is you are from the Windows XP era.

Fuz

Banned
From someone who claims they've been a previous pc gamer it baffles me you are crying about digital future on pc when it has been the case for pc gaming in like fifteen years.

But again, you also complained about how hard it is to install a driver so my guess is you are from the Windows XP era.
He's right toh.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

I never complained how hard it is to install a driver. Are you fucking stupid or what?
The one thing that triggers me is pcmr accusers who try to tell me that I don't know how to use a pc. just shut up.
I am not from xp era. I am from windows 95 era lol.

There is nothing difficult about using a pc. There is plenty of frustrating and needlessly annoying though. that is a difference

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

I don’t like that new publishers can just fuck with our old purchases, and I hate how Epic has forced their online bullshit into my Steam games.
All because Timmy wants to force cross play with a real online community, because if these games were segregated to Epic, they’d die quickly.

I’d love to buy Warhammer Inquisitor, but years later the publisher made it always online - and added a launcher to it. This is yet another reason why Steam’s user reviews matter more than anything else. I wouldn’t never known about this shit otherwise.

Top Bottom