• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Especially these days [with Covid19] we should be grateful to have videogames as a hobby

D.Final

Banned
This is a simple thought, but that despite everything I do not find very obvious. In spite of the days we see each other facing in this fatal and terrible period.
And especially in this period I can think of how lucky we are to have even the possibility of having video games as a hobby. With respectable games that still manage to be released despite the great difficulties that the whole world is undergoing.
For this reason I am surprised, reading comments or thoughts online on the various sites and forums in the world, of how despite this we can even imagine that we still have pretensions or the courage to complain that of the games that still come out, for excess of pretentious zeal and easy stimulus to the harmful complaint at all costs.
But I think differently.
I think that any game that we have even the possibility of being able to play despite this serious period is a pleasant little miracle, which can give consolation even in a dangerous period like this. And that in the face of this event we cannot afford the luxury of pretending that everything we want is always perfect.

And precisely this discourse could be paralleled with a hypothetical war situation, where no one will ever give you the certainty of anything again, and where even the most common things such as food or home become things that you may no longer be able to have anymore right at cause of this problem.
And despite being a catastrophic vision of seeing this situation, I always stop to think about how lucky we are to have a hobby like video games. A hobby that has been able to give us beautiful experiences and hours of entertainment even in an extremely complicated and difficult period like this.
Between games recently released such as Animal Crossing and Doom Eternal (which I have played during this month), and games that will be released in these days as Final Fantasy VII Remake, I can't help but feel lucky that despite the Covid19 problem, games like these are successful still going out, to have fun and give us hours of entertainment in this difficult period. And even at the cost of sounding redundant, I don't think anyone should take the luxury of complaining about games that despite everything they manage to get to our homes just to be played and accompany us in a long difficult period like this.

Maybe I made a long, obvious or complex speech, and that probably someone doesn't agree with what I've said. But however I felt the need to express what I personally felt on this subject.

hyperbertha

I could have sworn I saw the same thread yesterday.
41ZGi8n.gif

Mista

Banned
Yes yes we have the same thread yesterday

NOW GO MAKE FFVII REMAKE OT BEFORE I MURDER YOU!!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Yes yes we have the same thread yesterday

NOW GO MAKE FFVII REMAKE OT BEFORE I MURDER YOU!!
Make it magical!

Top Bottom