• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth |Imp. OT| 5th Adventures of Fight & Heal

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
they were kinda meh in the beginning, so so dmg and high tp cost. but now being able to cast 2-6 the same spell or charge and cast on the same turn is not bad, works well with fencer link and masurao follow up. but bit disappointed they don't link/follow on each hit(it will if it hits different target thought).
My shaman is probably doing more damage when I dispell her element buff but I can still allocate a lot more point into my skill with warlock to increase dmg.(the amplify buff from warlock probably boost my shaman damage too).

also the warlock seems to have other spell(physical) that can inflict some status, so with the passive that keep the previous element type, that could be nice I guess but I haven't spent points on those yet.

Thanks for that good info. Was considering working on a lower level team but at the moment am not sure if I really want to do that as time for gaming is a bit limited with the current schedule and whatnots. D:

Dorarnae

Thanks for that good info. Was considering working on a lower level team but at the moment am not sure if I really want to do that as time for gaming is a bit limited with the current schedule and whatnots. D:

binds and ailment seems pretty good in this one. I haven't tried them much but I killed a FOE on the 5th stratum that was glowing red to me, I bound his arms(thanks to my fencer new sword with a skill for that) and then killed him in 3-4 turn, the foe didn't even attack once. Usually in other EO binds wear off a bit faster I think(well if I remember in EO4 you had to use the limit to extend the status for one turn for a total of 2-3 turn max)
and when I was playing the demo, poison was quite nice with the herbalist.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
One thing for sure is this game does make you think about how to fill out your party a lot more with how unusual the classes are. Do like this though as it feels more like 3 with the odd classes vs how 4 was far too orthodox.

Also the FM Sound DLC has gone live since the 1st of September, price is 800 JPY

Did a small update to the OT to reflect that. Also the official strategy guide info below.

RrNivK6.png

EOV Complete Guide (JP Ver.)
Price: 1,850 JPY + Tax
Release: September 9th, 2016
Size: A5
Pages: 304

There is also info in regards to the 8/31 Update changes. Though might translate these later, so here is the original JP changelist below.

• キャラメイクにて、EYESのLR LINKにチェックが入っていても十字ボタンで変更すると、LINKされずに現在選択されている目のカラーのみが変更される問題を修正。
  • マスラオのスキル「新たな強敵」を使用したバトルにて、味方対象のスキルを使用するとカーソル位置が不正となりハングアップする場合がある問題を修正。
  • バトルにて、攻撃エフェクトやSEが多く重なるとハングアップする場合がある問題を修正。
  • 一部のボス戦にて、石化時にユニオンスキルで倒すと進行不能になる問題を修正。
  • 一部のスキルにて、特定状況下で効果が正しく発動していない問題を修正。
  • ギルドカードの階層到達の称号が付かない状況がある問題を修正。該当のギルドカードはパッチ適用後にギルドカードを閲覧することで修正されます。
  • ギルドカードを閲覧しようとすると、稀にハングアップすることがある問題を修正。
  • 宿屋の預り所にて、特定の手順を踏むと預けられる個数の限界である99個を超えてアイテムを預けられてしまう問題を修正。
  • 他、一部の問題を修正いたしました。

Lanrutcon

Yo. With the EU release on the horizon, I've plunged into the demo. Can someone shed some light on the classes? I played EO 1 and 4.

spiritfox

Yo. With the EU release on the horizon, I've plunged into the demo. Can someone shed some light on the classes? I played EO 1 and 4.

A summary of the classes?

Fencer: A dodge tank or a damage class who attacks enemies attacked by their allies.
Dragoon: Your basic tank class now with cannons.
Pugilist: A damage class focused on binding.
Harbinger: A semi-support class with ailments and debuffs.
Warlock: Elemental damage class.
Necromancer: A pet class that uses wraiths to do many things, including damage, tanking, and healing. Jack of all trades, master of none.
Rover: Another pet class, focused on binds and healing. It's recommended not that have both Rover and Necromancer in a party together.
Masurao: 1-sword is a tanky damage class, 4-swords is the ultimate glass cannon.
Shaman: A support buffer with healing capabilities.
Botanist: Your basic healer, with ailments (but bad at it unless you swap out of Brounie).

Races are also pretty important in the class makeup. They're the only thing that defines the character's stat points until you unlock specializations later on in the game. Each race is good at one thing and bad in another.
Earthlian: Good luck, bad TP.
Celestrian: Good magics, bad strength and vitality.
Thearian: Good strength, bad intelligence.
Brounie: Good Wisdom, bad luck.

Most classes do OK with their base race, but some do better as other races.

Lanrutcon

Fencer: A dodge tank or a damage class who attacks enemies attacked by their allies.
Necromancer: A pet class that uses wraiths to do many things, including damage, tanking, and healing. Jack of all trades, master of none.
Rover: Another pet class, focused on binds and healing. It's recommended not that have both Rover and Necromancer in a party together.
Masurao: 1-sword is a tanky damage class, 4-swords is the ultimate glass cannon.
Botanist: Your basic healer, with ailments (but bad at it unless you swap out of Brounie).

Races are also pretty important in the class makeup. They're the only thing that defines the character's stat points until you unlock specializations later on in the game. Each race is good at one thing and bad in another.

Ok, so bread & butter'ing it until I know more: Dragoon, Pugilist, Rover, Botanist and Warlock. So you're saying later I get the ability to roll new character without the racial restrictions?

spiritfox

Ok, so bread & butter'ing it until I know more: Dragoon, Pugilist, Rover, Botanist and Warlock. So you're saying later I get the ability to roll new character without the racial restrictions?

You get to reclass all your units immediately after you finish the first quest. They'll keep the race and whatever customization you did but you get to pick any new class for them. New units are still locked to their racial class but you can reclass immediately after creating them.

redcrayon

Is intelligence related to magic damage, wisdom to healing and luck to status effects? Seems like it's worth creating having a celestrian swap into botanist after the first quest rather than run a Brounie?

spiritfox

Is intelligence related to magic damage, wisdom to healing and luck to status effects? Seems like it's worth creating having a celestrian swap into botanist after the first quest rather than run a Brounie?

Yes.

Yes, if you're doing ailments. Brounie still has the best TP and Wisdom of any race, so if you're just doing healing then keeping them in the same race would be better.

Top Bottom