• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

shubik

I have a few questions. I started a couple of days ago and I´m currently level 19. So far I mostly did main missions. Does it make sense at this point to wander around in the open world and do side quests as well as random dungeons? Or should I wait till I finish the campaign?

dorkimoe

I have a few questions. I started a couple of days ago and I´m currently level 19. So far I mostly did main missions. Does it make sense at this point to wander around in the open world and do side quests as well as random dungeons? Or should I wait till I finish the campaign?
i would do side quests as well, they help u stay leveled

Zheph

I would recommend doing dungeons that gives aspect for the class you playing but side quests/dungeons gives renow which you will want to do eventually

Xyphie

If you play the game for the first time you should mostly focus on completing the campaign. Because doing so unlocks the mount and you will need to complete it once to unlock the endgame content. If you do excessive amounts of sidecontent and hit lvl 50 you kinda plateau your character until you finish.

gatti-man

anyone want to meet up and let me kill them so i can get this dumb season quest over with?
Go down to difficulty 1 and gank someone. That’s also how you get EZ pvp currency

Edit: not by ganking in diff 1 just leveling in diff 1 in pvp zones. Got 100k in like 3 days.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

You get all the XP you need to level up and be able to complete the campaign without doing side quests. Id focus on that, too - and get the mount as mentioned above. Sidequests do have in-game challenges to unlock and theyre pretty good in the grand scheme of sidequesting in RPGs. On the map screen you can press Y or triangle to see the renown youve unlocked in each area. And the rewards unlock for all your characters on the realm. So its møre of a long-term goal to do sidequests. For new players my advice would be to just play the campaign on world tier 1 and do whatever sidequest you randomly pick up. But not spend too much time chasing them. Its better to do some Whisper quests, when you unlock those, along the way.

When the campaign is done, at around level50 or so, switch to world tier 2 and go straight for the pinnacle dungeon (cathedral of light) to unlock world tier 3. Then you’ll have helltides, whispers, nighttmare dungeons, and sidequests to continue levelling up. And malignant tunnels in the season realm.

shubik

You get all the XP you need to level up and be able to complete the campaign without doing side quests. Id focus on that, too - and get the mount as mentioned above. Sidequests do have in-game challenges to unlock and theyre pretty good in the grand scheme of sidequesting in RPGs. On the map screen you can press Y or triangle to see the renown youve unlocked in each area. And the rewards unlock for all your characters on the realm. So its møre of a long-term goal to do sidequests. For new players my advice would be to just play the campaign on world tier 1 and do whatever sidequest you randomly pick up. But not spend too much time chasing them. Its better to do some Whisper quests, when you unlock those, along the way.

When the campaign is done, at around level50 or so, switch to world tier 2 and go straight for the pinnacle dungeon (cathedral of light) to unlock world tier 3. Then you’ll have helltides, whispers, nighttmare dungeons, and sidequests to continue levelling up. And malignant tunnels in the season realm.
Thx for the detailed response. Sounds like a good plan and I will focus on the campaign today

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
So somewhere around last week this game has basically become unplayable for me. The lagging is so crazy, I can’t play the game properly. Up until then I had the occasional lag but nothing serious. This shit now is game braking. I tried almost everything to fix it, even reloaded the entire game.

Anyone else has similar issues? What the fuck? That was the last time I bought an online only game…

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So somewhere around last week this game has basically become unplayable for me. The lagging is so crazy, I can’t play the game properly. Up until then I had the occasional lag but nothing serious. This shit now is game braking. I tried almost everything to fix it, even reloaded the entire game.

Anyone else has similar issues? What the fuck? That was the last time I bought an online only game…

Can't say I have, no.

Barrico82

Banned

To me after the recent patch 1.1.1 i faced alot of lagging

I was playing sorcerer and the new patch really fixed the nerphing down

DavidGzz

I made a sorc and am having a lot of fun with chain lightning! The patch pulled me away from BG3 for today. One really annoying thing is having to get all the waypoints again. I can see having to do it once per season but for every character? That's so stupid and Blizzard should agree.

I was watching some walkthroughs and I didn't realize it's not open world. It's like it's one big open world with dungeons in it. That's pretty cool.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I was watching some walkthroughs and I didn't realize it's not open world. It's like it's one big open world with dungeons in it. That's pretty cool.
It really is not cool. You have to walk without interaction with mobs for most of the time, it’s so bad they made up horses … but it’s still annoying as them shits are on a cooldown.
And there is like 10 enemy variations you fight all over the map. So it feels like everywhere is actually the same. No heaven no hell it’s all rather samey.

D2 took us to outer space …

gatti-man

It really is not cool. You have to walk without interaction with mobs for most of the time, it’s so bad they made up horses … but it’s still annoying as them shits are on a cooldown.
And there is like 10 enemy variations you fight all over the map. So it feels like everywhere is actually the same. No heaven no hell it’s all rather samey.

D2 took us to outer space …
Hell tides, world bosses, public events, boss variation like what are you even on about.

I wonder if it is the negativity online, or if I just got bored quickly. The game has amazing production values, but for some reason I just don’t find myself playing it.

Haven’t even finished fhe game.

Hell tides, world bosses, public events, boss variation like what are you even on about.
There are a bunch of different activities but they all feel exactly the same, offering the same pathetic rewards. The only thing that would feel not pathetic would be finding one of the handful of uber uniques, but the chances of that happening is basically zero and you still have to keep doing the same boring activities over and over trying to get said uber unique. There is just not enough carrot on the stick to want to keep playing. Look at D2 for example. The amount of cool uniques and rune words that you can find and make along with a bunch of different builds you can try is what keeps people playing. It actually feels rewarding to play unlike D4.

gatti-man

What are you talking about? I talked about enemy/mob variations. D2 act 2 has more varied mobs than all of D4.
Yes and you also said eveyrthing is the same and feels samey. I listed a ton of different looking and behaving things that weren’t samey. The game has tons of content for launch. Has a huge map with tons of different looking locations. But ok

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Yes and you also said eveyrthing is the same and feels samey. I listed a ton of different looking and behaving things that weren’t samey. The game has tons of content for launch. Has a huge map with tons of different looking locations. But ok
It really doesn’t. The map looks samey with Goat man and Thief’s all over the map. Every act in D2 was distinctly different in sound, feel and mob design.

devilNprada

They added mobs to the nightmare dungeons.. I get soooo much lag now it gets almost unplayable.

Edit: after the last patch I see a lot of improvement and it's not so much a problem now.
I do however still get a lot of lag while riding a mount with other riders on the screen. When heading to a legion event for example.
Crashes have been much less frequent for me, but still do periodically happen.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Is there any way to get a refund for this game? I mean, I do have 30+ hours logged but it‘s now been unplayable for me for 2 weeks and by now I‘ve given up hope. I tried everything. I have no issues with any other game and my PSN downloads are going with steady 5 MB/s. I really have no clue whatsoever where the problem is. Basically have an unplayable game on my PS5 hard drive. It‘s beyond ridiculous.

Last edited:

Laieon

I'm with you, this game has a ton of visual variety.

Is there any way to get a refund for this game? I mean, I do have 30+ hours logged but it‘s now been unplayable for me for 2 weeks and by now I‘ve given up hope. I tried everything. I have no issues with any other game and my PSN downloads are going with steady 5 MB/s. I really have no clue whatsoever where the problem is. Basically have an unplayable game on my PS5 hard drive. It‘s beyond ridiculous.
5 MB/s?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
You have to pause your PSN downloads or the game will be unplayable.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I have nightmare dungeon fatigue. Decided to check out the POE season yesterday for a change of pace.

For leveling a new toon, the Domhaime Tunnels dungeon is amazing for XP grinding. Got a sorceress and necro from 1-50 pretty quickly this past week.

Draugoth

Gold Member
I wonder if it is the negativity online, or if I just got bored quickly. The game has amazing production values, but for some reason I just don’t find myself playing it.

Haven’t even finished fhe game.

The game isnt that good outside of the initial spectacle

It's sadly just another GaaS

I made a sorc and am having a lot of fun with chain lightning! The patch pulled me away from BG3 for today. One really annoying thing is having to get all the waypoints again. I can see having to do it once per season but for every character? That's so stupid and Blizzard should agree.

My plan is to finish Season 1 and quit the game.

Roberts

So I finally got to play and even though I barely have any free time, I sank around 30 hours into it at World Tier 2. Just finished act IV as a Necromancer. I'm super casual when it comes to these games - usually finish the campaign and call it quits. I don't really dwell deep into game mechanics and how patches change things, so to be perfect honest, I fucking love the game. It is seriously addictive and every time I feel like it is starting to become repetitious something happens and pulls me back in. Lilith is a great character and it helps that Ralph Ineson has just about the coolest voice in the history of mankind.

cormack12

Gold Member
Completed the gruelling grind to 100 and need a break now. I think with the 25% it felt like a nice levelling speed at the end game. So they need more event or weekends with extra xp imo.

100 doesn't meant anything really as you still farm gear anyway

iQuasarLV

Completed the gruelling grind to 100 and need a break now. I think with the 25% it felt like a nice levelling speed at the end game. So they need more event or weekends with extra xp imo.

The stat level-gating is some supreme bullshit that you MUST level to 100 to have a chance at the rolls you want.

devilNprada

Completed the gruelling grind to 100 and need a break now.
Congratulations... it is grueling
I think the complaint is you already pretty much have the best gear you may ever get at lvl 100, and now I am not even getting XP!
About two weeks before Season 1 started I saw a youtuber that had leveled every class to 100 already. Can you even imaging that?

I got my season 1 Char to 90 and moved on to BG3 last week. I am loving it. It's a great change of pace, then maybe I will start back up for season 2, dunno yet.

cormack12

Gold Member
Congratulations... it is grueling

I think the complaint is you already pretty much have the best gear you may ever get at lvl 100, and now I am not even getting XP!
About two weeks before Season 1 started I saw a youtuber that had leveled every class to 100 already. Can you even imaging that?

I got my season 1 Char to 90 and moved on to BG3 last week. I am loving it. It's a great change of pace, then maybe I will start back up for season 2, dunno yet.
Can't you earn paragon xp beyond 100 except renown?

Last edited:

devilNprada

Can't you earn paragon xp beyond 100 except renown?
No... I wish
Edit: Basically keep leveling glyths and find gear.. But all the glyths I can fit are already 21 and it's hard to play when I "NEVER" get any upgrades on gear. I don't even remember my last upgrade but it was very very minor. Then again the season started so back to the leveling grind... UGGGH

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

No... I wish
Edit: Basically keep leveling glyths and find gear.. But all the glyths I can fit are already 21 and it's hard to play when I "NEVER" get any upgrades on gear. I don't even remember my last upgrade but it was very very minor. Then again the season started so back to the leveling grind... UGGGH

That's been my biggest complaint. I'm 86 on my Rogue, haven't had a gear upgrade since 71 (got my unique boots) and all that's ahead of me is some more paragon until 100. Pre-season I got a Druid to level 100, took just shy of 200 deaths to beat Lilith and then... I don't know what to do after that. From around level 70 I didn't get a single gear upgrade, I maxed my glyphs by mid 80s so the last of it was really just a grind for paragon + Lilith. D4 for me is kind of where D3 was for me pre-RoS. I played most RoS seasons, but prior to that I didn't really have incentive to play.

devilNprada

That's been my biggest complaint. I'm 86 on my Rogue, haven't had a gear upgrade since 71 (got my unique boots) and all that's ahead of me is some more paragon until 100. Pre-season I got a Druid to level 100, took just shy of 200 deaths to beat Lilith and then... I don't know what to do after that. From around level 70 I didn't get a single gear upgrade, I maxed my glyphs by mid 80s so the last of it was really just a grind for paragon + Lilith. D4 for me is kind of where D3 was for me pre-RoS. I played most RoS seasons, but prior to that I didn't really have incentive to play.
To the T.

They may eventually make a really good long term game, the problem is it is really hard for me to go "BACK" to games once I have left (how many season passes have I purchased and never went back to play).
So I missed the D3 seasons because I capped out before they were implemented.
I thought D3 was actually better. I liked how the specs and gear sets changed to almost force you to farm to the new "IT" spec route (always changing it up).

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

New patch notes - xp buffed again

GAMEPLAY UPDATES​

• The total experience bonus from the Urn of Aggression season blessing has been increased from 8% to 20%.

Developer’s Note: We increased the total experience bonus of Urn of Aggression to make the Season Blessing more impactful and to help players seeking Level 100 get there a little faster.

Orbital2060

Ive almost levelled out the season pass, but I think Im all done with this kind of battle pass with an end date to it. Its understandable why you cant own and keep levelling the pass when the season is over. But Halo did the right thing with being able to level up the battle pass also after the season is over. Without any fomo. Because Ive had that sense of not having enough time to play other games because of it now. And I doubt Ill do this again for another season.

cormack12

Gold Member
Ive almost levelled out the season pass, but I think Im all done with this kind of battle pass with an end date to it. Its understandable why you cant own and keep levelling the pass when the season is over. But Halo did the right thing with being able to level up the battle pass also after the season is over. Without any fomo. Because Ive had that sense of not having enough time to play o ther games because of it now. And I doubt Ill do this again for another season.
Yeah it burnt me out tbh and if it wasn't for the xp weekend and now the boost to the Urn I can't see many people grinding for 100.

I think I'll just start a new char each season because eternal was pretty dead really once the season kicked off.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’ve been enjoying my time playing D4 like I would any other Diablo game - but my God it’s just…too big? So many side missions to get through, it’s unbelievable. Like I hit Chapter 4, and for the last three days I’ve been doing nothing but hitting Lilith Statues and side missions.

While it’s been pretty fun overall, I have no desire to keep playing after I finish the campaign. No desire to start over after the season ends.

Very different from Diablo 3, which I completed on PS4, Switch, and PC numerous times.

cormack12

Gold Member
Prime gaming bonuses this month

5ElKzMn.jpg

Top Bottom