• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN October Sale - 150+ items - Odin Sphere Leifthrasi, The Witness and more...

Thanks guys.
Staffy, some titles aren't individually discounted but are part of buy 2 and get the 2nd 50% off deal.

Will update OP with full list once PSBLOG post it.

Gotcha! I'm pretty sure both Mirror's edge and Battlefront are part of the "buy two" deals, because they are way cheap otherwise.

Some Vita recommendations

Trails of Cold Steel 20€
Shiren 25€
Ys Celceta 13€
Ray Gigant 15€
Muramasa Rebirth Complete (incl DLC) 15€
Odin Sphere 16€
GalGun 16€

Curiously I could only find that anywhere but the Vita store along with a bunch of other recent Vita demos, downloaded them yesterday.

The Vita store is barely curated anymore, tons of content isn't listed. I would always just use the webstore.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I have Battlefront on PC, but I do want to play that VR mission.

Karu

Skipping Mafia 3 for sure - was on the fence, but the provided value here with games I havent but wanted to play is incredible - Uncharted and Odin Sphere e.g. EU sales be praised.

it's cheaper RETAIL preonwed ;)

Thanks for the replies!
And I know, I have a PS4 for a few weeks and I'm interested in this game, but having it digital is a big plus for such a multiplayer game.
I'm someone who's probably going to play a short match and then play/watch something else and putting the disk and in out the PS4 is quite a hassle for someone as lazy as myself.

mulac

Trying to grab Odinsphere, Handsome Collection and Telltale Collection (Australia) - but keeping the following message:

"Your purchase may not be complete. Check your transaction history in your account settings"

WTF? Anyone else getting this?

ffvorax

Trying to grab Odinsphere, Handsome Collection and Telltale Collection (Australia) - but keeping the following message:

"Your purchase may not be complete. Check your transaction history in your account settings"

I always get this message when I buy something in the store... but if I check in my list the purchases are all there... so try to check because maybe it's the same for you.

KORNdoggy

tempted by the witness, but i still want a physical release. lesser games have had one, i don't get why this game doesn't?

mulac

I always get this message when I buy something in the store... but if I check in my list the purchases are all there... so try to check because maybe it's the same for you.

Nope - and funds havent been taken from paypal - nothing has changed, very weird...

JP

Every time there's a sale thread I search for "Odin Sphere" on the PS4. Very happy with the under £25 price. :)

Should I get Leifthrasir If I didn't enjoy Dragon's Crown and despite playing through both the stories in Muramasa found everything outside of the boss battles awfully repetitive?

GHG

Gold Member
Ok I just watched some gameplay videos of Odin Sphere and I still can't work out wtf it is.

Can someone explain the game to me? What is it, a side scrolling RPG? What do you do other than fight things?

I had a few weeks where I was getting this error on PC, and I had to buy on console store instead. Really bizarre.

Menome

Should I get Leifthrasir If I didn't enjoy Dragon's Crown and despite playing through both the stories in Muramasa found everything outside of the boss battles awfully repetitive?

I would say no.

Ok I just watched some gameplay videos of Odin Sphere and I still can't work out wtf it is.

Can someone explain the game to me? What is it, a side scrolling RPG? What do you do other than fight things?

Side-scrolling brawler with RPG elements. It is all about fighting things and getting better to fight bigger things, with an inter-weaving story between the five main characters.

EDIT: Definitely picking up Mirror's Edge Catalyst at £20.

Sakujou

Banned
if you didnt enjoy the graphics or story, odin sphere wont appeal to you.

the fighting mechanics are quite 90s, but thats the beauty of the game.

Got Revelator, was gonna get it at launch but the lack of dub put me off, hopefully won't be too bad

The game is fine without a dub, and is well worth playing. The only thing that you might not enjoy is the story mode if you're not a fan of reading subtitles, as it's just a movie that lasts a few hours with no gameplay.

It's not the same thing, but I'm used to the Japanese GGX/X2 voice actors, and a good majority of those have changed on Revelator, but it didn't bother me at all.

Awesome, I'll be sure to pick up OdinSphere on the Vita. I'm playing Muramasa right now and I love it.

Is Gal Gun worth playing? I don't really care about the pervy stuff but based on the giantbomb quicklook it seems to be pretty funny and I like on-rail shooters...

DO NOT BUY Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter, it's the worst game in the series and runs like shit on PS4. Crimes and Punishment was so much better.

Is Gal Gun worth playing? I don't really care about the pervy stuff but based on the giantbomb quicklook it seems to be pretty funny and I like on-rail shooters...
It's short since it's supposed to be replayed, but it has multiple routes and is cute and funny. If the pervy stuff doesn't actually bother you I think it's worth playing especially for cheap

mulac

Nope - and funds havent been taken from paypal - nothing has changed, very weird...

if you didnt enjoy the graphics or story, odin sphere wont appeal to you.

the fighting mechanics are quite 90s, but thats the beauty of the game.
The graphics and story (and the boss battles) in Muramasa were great. It's the padding between the story bits and boss battles that got repetitive.

Great sale. Some enticing stuff there.

Those prices for Odin Sphere on the PS3 and Vita are sooo good, but I want to play it on the PS4, and wouldn't you know it, game is way more expensive on that platform. Bit of a conundrum.

I think I'll bite on Firewatch and Bound, but I'll wait until this 50% off rumour pans out before doing so.

Oh, and everyone - buy Mirror's Edge if you haven't yet!
the first one on the PS3 that is ;D

WITHE1982

Odin Sphere looks like a cross between Dragon's Crown and Muramasa (for obvious reasons). Would it be fair to say it plays the same as these two?

edit: also does anyone have a list of all the 2 for 50% off games?

Odin Sphere looks like a cross between Dragon's Crown and Muramasa (for obvious reasons). Would it be fair to say it plays the same as these two?

Tried the demo on PlayStation 4 and it really feels like Muramasa, good fun! I will try now on the PlayStation Vita to see how it runs, 15,99€ for that game is a steal.

Damn, Odin Sphere for 29€ on PS4 and 16€ on Vita is a great price. I'm kind of torn on which version to get.

Grand Kingdom being only discounted on PS4 and not Vita is weird though.

Marvel UA is the price it should have been in the first place. I'll wait for a deeper discount.

Is Marvel Ultimate Alliance Bundle worth buying now at £32.99?? Did it get fixed?

Yes, they have released all the DLC for free. I don't know about the technical issues but I haven't encountered any myself. The games are simple but a lot of fun with some great fan-service.

edit: also does anyone have a list of all the 2 for 50% off games?

If you add bound to your basket then go into your basket there is a button to show all in the deal.

Wiggy

What's all this buy two for 50% off business? That blog post needs to hurry up.

Gonna pick up The Witness and Firewatch finally now they are under £20 and £10 respectively.

Want Marvel Alliance, but waiting till its under £30, close but no cigar Activision.

Cheers for doing this, these threads are the highlight to my Wednesday morning meetings.

Heh, this is exactly what I'm doing now as well! I'm sitting at the edge of the room to "charge my laptop", whilst having a look through what's on sale!

EDIT:
Wait, is SOMA going to be patched for PSVR? If yes it's a must buy! But I don't find any real confirmation...

I can't imagine it will be. It'll be more than a year old by that point and will have probably made the vast majority of its sales by then. Don't see much value in Frictional spending their time doing that.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Could anyone tell me a few of the games in the buy one get one half price deal? I can't add Bound to my basket as I already own it.

Link - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/buy-any-two-save-50/cid=STORE-MSF75508-MBINDIE16

e2rKDAJ.jpg

Top Bottom