• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2016 |OT| San Marino: "I didn't know - anyone but Serhat :("

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilonen

DerZuhälter;203650575 said:
Ukraine was shit. Spain, Italy and Sweden got robbed and what the fuck was that shit with Poland?
4chan fess up!

Poland have a large diaspora population throughout Europe, so Poles abroad can vote for their country from the country they live in, thus picking up a bunch of high to middle placings from many countries across Europe. The 'neighbour' effect and political voting seen in the jury system is often echoed in public votes not so much due to politics but to ex-pats living in the countries next door voting for their old homeland.

Carbonox

Ukraine vs Russia to the death was the most predictable pile of wank finale for this Eurovision. It's just so fitting that it's not surprising given the current landscape we're in.

Ah well. On to next year.

giphy.gif
This.

Thanks as always Eurovision gaf your fantastic and see you all next year! :)
Time for bed.

Fliesen

... i love how that repeat-performance always makes me feel like - "well, OF COURSE this song would end up winning this. It's so god-damn ... eurovision-y"

Was there some kind of joke I missed why Poland was 3rd in public voting? That was terrible. And Ukraine was middle of the pack at best.

Democracy was a mistake.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Definitely the worst winner in recent ESC history.

Putzweg

Kinda ironic how the hosts started the show claiming this is about putting politics aside and unite in love for music then a song clearly political wins

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Ladies and Gentlemen,
as every year, it has been a pleasure enjoying the ESC with you all. Have a good night and a great pentecost weekend.

Humidex

So happy Australia didn't win. The best Song but hopefully they won't get invited again.

They weren't invited this time round. They asked, the EBU agreed.

In 2016 the broadcaster asked to be a part of the Eurovision Song Contest again. The EBU Reference Group, the governing body of the Eurovision Song Contest, voted unanimously in favour of Australia's participation. It is yet to be decided whether Australia will become a permanent participant in the contest.

Carcetti

Germany-GAF, I loved your song! It was just too progressive for Eurovision.

Australia should've totally won, though, but I can live with Putin having an egg on his face.

I bet Poland was the protest bloc's official vote, nothing else will explain that.

qazqaNii

Man, I just heard it holy shit, "They come to your house and kill" wtf. I thought ESC songs would be more "happy". Also what language did she use beside english?

Time to listen to what australia was about.

If you are unhappy with the results, feel free to join the

Official EurovisionGAF Vote

- Send me a PM with your country of residence and your votes.
- Tell me whether you want to remain anonymous. Your country will be displayed however.
- No voting for your own country.
- Feel free to also vote for the semis.
- You can give out 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points respectively, so your list should look like this:
A - 12
B - 10
C - 8
etc.
(starting with 1 and working up to 12 is fine too, just have them in ascending or descending order)

I will reveal the results in a google doc and maybe make some fancy graphs.

For the country rule:
If you are living in a country that doesn't participate, everything is fair game.
If you are a Greek living in Germany, you cannot vote for Germany.

I will update the OP with the final performances now.

Just got home to see that Ukraine won. Congrats to them. Song was decent though I felt Australia
was robbed
should have won.

Also WTF at Poland getting 222 points from the people? One of those times where the jury is on point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom