• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exoprimal |OT| A Crisis of Dinosaurs

EekTheKat

The in match suit switch mechanic is huge on how good you'll do in this game. If your teammate visits the other team to show off their dinosaur costume you can swap suits to fill their role while they're off.

Melee classes are consistent damage and are fairly good crowd control.

Some sub missions are way easier with two tanks. The non mini boss missions can be somewhat faster with 4 damage dealers. It actually makes this game pretty interesting to play through swapping roles for certain situations.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
uhhh guys...? is this part of the capcom sweep or is it officially broken?

jk. The game looks like a fun time. Make it F2P and we'll be talking

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I havent had many issues other than the usual lack of healer or tank at times. Its pretty arcadey so you dont need that much strategy. And I play healer a ton so that works out. Some people run off alone and die but shit happens.
Fuck it. I bought it.

I hate all you cunts. I played the beta and hated it because of who I was playing with but the price tag IS the filter.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
What's solo queue with randoms like are they dumb as fuck or not?

I play solo and I'm in a lobby in under 15-20 seconds.
PS5 version here, 90% of the players I encounter have a Capcom logo next to their gamertag which probably means they're on PC.

No problem with "dumb" players as the teams are usually well balanced, sure, you can run into a lobby with 3 players using the same exosuit/class sometimes but it's not a big deal...
The only problem I've found is that a couple of players don't understand the culling missions, for example, the game says that you have to kill 15 pteranodons but...people keep killing raptors (with the clock ticking) making you lose precious time, that, or when the game throws you a big Dino like a T-Rex or a Triceratops which usually escape the culling zone and you have to follow them and kill them as to progress the mission and people sometimes remain in the original zone killing... raptors making you unable to advance.

That's pretty much it.

Anyway, i'm 45% in the story and the game has started to become...harder : it now throws at me the 1200 raptor culling mission (what a fucking spectacle), 2 big dinos at the same time, mutated smaller dinos etc etc, it's a fucking rush boys, this game has no right being as good as it is - shame then that Capcom has done all the wrong moves with this, it's like, they've purposely shoot themselves in the foot ffs...
Even the Season pass isn't that bad, I mean, you can obtain EVERYTHING by playing the season normally, no need for the 5 dollars skin packs which are - pretty much - early unlock keys in typical Capcom fashion (RE4RE,RE2RE,RE3RE etc).

Man, fuck Capcom and their tone-deafness, this could have been a sleeper hit if it was marketed better and sold at a lower price (40 bucks would have been the sweet spot).

Anyway, game is like digital crack and - who would have thought - the whole dino thing isn't even that dumb actually when playing since the game explains the reason things are the way they are, the game cast is also...kinda good surprisingly.

For me, the game is a solid 7 if you're into this kind of thing

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I have trouble not thinking about dinosaurs all day at work. Not kidding.

Yeah, it's extremely addicting as a game, isn't it ?
The fact that the game also respects your time is a big, BIG plus, I mean, most matches are 10-12 minutes long - need your shooty-shoot-bang-bang dino fix for today ? Enter a lobby, kill shit for 10 mins straight, have your fun and then go back doing what you were doing, it's simple, solid fun 😉

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Yeah, it's extremely addicting as a game, isn't it ?
The fact that the game also respects your time is a big, BIG plus, I mean, most matches are 10-12 minutes long - need your shooty-shoot-bang-bang dino fix for today ? Enter a lobby, kill shit for 10 mins straight, have your fun and then go back doing what you were doing, it's simple, solid fun 😉
Yeah, it really does take several paragraphs to describe a full nuanced picture of this game. I still don't think I could recommend it to people for a purchase at $60. But I'm playing it nonstop and having a blast, even though it is extremely repetitive - what is here is really fun. I could easily envision people starting this game and hating it and it wouldn't shock me at all. But it might be one of my favorites of the year, even if I rate it a 7 or 7.5 and see many areas in it that are objectively lacking. Perfect summer game, 1st multiplayer title to click for me since Splatoon 3.

How long is the story? Do you get a decent amount of cuteness or is it like 3 cutscenes and a 4 hour story then PvP for the rest of your gameplay?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
How long is the story? Do you get a decent amount of cuteness or is it like 3 cutscenes and a 4 hour story then PvP for the rest of your gameplay?
Sandy is pretty cute, which is why I put her as my avatar. Not much cuteness besides that.

The story is a very unique and odd approach that will not be for everyone. You play the one mode there is with some variation and then you obtain files as part of your post-battle rewards. Files are basically viewed as either an audio log, or a very minimal cutscene that is mostly about the dialogue. Then after you obtain 3-4 files on one topic, your cute robot compiles an investigation cutscene which always plays a similar animation as she opens some minority report hologram screens and you discuss all the different files you obtained on that topic and wrap up your insights. There looks to be about 8 investigations or so and dozens of individual files. It's a lot, but it's mostly just listening to logs investigating obscure aspects of the island and various theories about what is happening.

I'm actually hooked to the story because it's so bizarre that I can't wait to see how it wraps up, but I can easily see a lot of people finding it dull or just plain stupid. Presentation is not outstanding; just very dry investigation scenes on the plane in the same environment all the time.

Also most of the game is PvE, even in the PvP sections. It's a cool mix that really is just about right for me. 90% of the time you're shooting dinos with your team. Only for small tiny portions you fight the other team and it's so limited it actually feels fresh and not frustrating.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member

I'm at 45% in the story, 8-9 hours of playtime and I must have seen about 8-10 well-directed, "full" cutscenes.
I say "full" 'cause the game also introduces shorter, codec-like story bits in the form of videos with a couple of static images (but fully voiced over).

Main story bits are introduced via the "normal", fully voiced, fully mo-capped cutscenes and let me tell you, they're GOOD in typical Capcom fashion, I mean, the 1st (or is it the 2nd?) cutscene where it introduces you to the exosuits is so flashy, so absurd and Capcom bombastic® that if you're into this stuff it's gonna put a big smile on your face.

Last edited:
I'm at 45% in the story, 8-9 hours of playtime and I must have seen about 8-10 well-directed, "full" cutscenes.
I say "full" 'cause the game also introduces shorter, codec-like story bits in the form of videos with a couple of static images (but fully voiced over).

Main story bits are introduced via the "normal", fully voiced, fully mo-capped cutscenes and let me tell you, they're GOOD in typical Capcom fashion, I mean, the 1st (or is it the 2nd?) cutscene where it introduces you to the exosuits is so flashy, so absurd and Capcom bombastic® that if you're into this stuff it's gonna put a big smile on your face.
Yes! That's good to hear. I'm not fully into this game but I like dinosaurs and I actually thought Anthem was a pretty cool concept so this is both of those mashes together. Kind of similar to something like Power Rangers Dino Thunder too just with real dino's. Haha. I'll probably wait for it to be cheap.

We just need more dinosaur games in general.

After meeting the villain, the wargames have become much trickier. I just had a PvE match where they summoned 2 big dinos, a nonstop amount of of raptors, and one small sniper dino way in the distance. Everyone was shooting and struggling with the big dinos but the objective box literally wanted you to just kill the sniper.

This is much different than earlier in the game when they're just wanting you to kill everything. Thank goodness me and the Barrage exo player both had a moment where we spotted it and rushed down there to kill it. We literally saved our team from a full wipe and we managed to just barely win the whole game due to that(because the other team noticed later than we did).

People in here having fun? Fuck... I kinda wanna get it. I need an alternative to Apex but £60? Capcom is crazy.
Just remember, they start to mix things up, add more levels, and bring more mission variety in the more you play. I'd say around player level 10-12 is when they start doing this.

CuNi

I only got the game because I have gamepass and I must say, it's a fun game at times. If I were to buy it, I'd have been pissed because of all the MTX that gets shoved into your face the second you finish the tutorial.

The game needs a few balancing passes, but I feel like there is a very solid and even fun game buried beneath all that MTX and lack of advertisement, which really is a shame. But I wish they'd do a somewhat dedicated story mode instead of what the game has now, but that's just a personal opinion of mine.

I wish they'd do a somewhat dedicated story mode instead of what the game has now, but that's just a personal opinion of mine.
This might be a hot take, but the way they splice fully animated cutscenes and codec scenes in between matches is what I originally wanted from Overwatch 1. It would have been a great way to experience that game's lore.

TheRyzzl

Neo Member
I only got the game because I have gamepass and I must say, it's a fun game at times. If I were to buy it, I'd have been pissed because of all the MTX that gets shoved into your face the second you finish the tutorial.

The game needs a few balancing passes, but I feel like there is a very solid and even fun game buried beneath all that MTX and lack of advertisement, which really is a shame. But I wish they'd do a somewhat dedicated story mode instead of what the game has now, but that's just a personal opinion of mine.

Buried beneath MTX? Shoved in your face? wut? Like there's one optional battle pass for cosmetics. Then theres a fuck ton of skins you can unlock for FREE with chests you get as you level up or you can use the FREE bik coins to buy skins with or level up mods. Like of all these types of games this has to be the least egregious. I have a ton of skins, emotes, decals, etc. etc. and I haven't spent a dime.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Buried beneath MTX? Shoved in your face? wut? Like there's one optional battle pass for cosmetics. Then theres a fuck ton of skins you can unlock for FREE with chests you get as you level up or you can use the FREE bik coins to buy skins with or level up mods. Like of all these types of games this has to be the least egregious. I have a ton of skins, emotes, decals, etc. etc. and I haven't spent a dime.

People have decided to shit on the game, that, and the fact that most people only played it for 5 minutes (or even an hour max), or, decided to uninstall it "because Capcom ID ! ".
I mean, go take a look at the game's Digital foundry analysis thread in here - people parroting the same ol'tired non-facts (MTX !/"just one mission over and over")...this game just can't win and it's this month's "game people like to shit on".

The game's biggest..."problem" is its price - that's it, this should have been a 40-50 Eurodollar tops title but Capcom thought that they're Actiblizzard and that they could get way with it, then again, you have all these people that can play it for "free" on Gamepass and yet, they decided after 10 whole minutes that it's shit or that creating a Capcom ID is the end of the world, I mean, yeah...

70 eurodollars for Diablo 4 = Good, GOTY

Free on GP, or 50-60 Eurodollars for Exoprimal = shit/"lol I uninstalled it when I saw that it requires a Capcom ID".

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
People have decided to shit on the game, that, and the fact that most people only played it for 5 minutes (or even an hour max), or, decided to uninstall it "because Capcom ID ! ".
I mean, go take a look at the game's Digital foundry analysis thread in here - people parroting the same ol'tired non-facts (MTX !/"just one mission over and over")...this game just can't win and it's this month's "game people like to shit on".

The game's biggest..."problem" is its price - that's it, this should have been a 40-50 Eurodollar tops title but Capcom thought that they're Actiblizzard and that they could get way with it, then again, you have all these people that can play it for "free" on Gamepass and yet, they decided after 10 whole minutes that it's shit or that creating a Capcom ID is the end of the world, I mean, yeah...

70 eurodollars for Diablo 4 = Good, GOTY

Free on GP, or 50-60 Eurodollars for Exoprimal = shit/"lol I uninstalled it when I saw that it requires a Capcom ID".
Call me crazy but usually when a game gets shit on by many players, it's for a good reason. There are no secret agendas here, those are only perpetuated by smoothbrained minority or people who just want to talk shit on message boards. Most normal Andys won't even pay attention and either play something if it's good, or ignore it if it's bad.

CuNi

Yes you can unlock the exosuits and stuff with bikcoin, but if you don't check that u can unlock those things, there's always a looming "buy on windows store" Button.

That, combined with a season pass and MTX on top is not what I want to see the second I finish the tutorial for a 60€ game i just bought

Call me crazy but usually when a game gets shit on by many players, it's for a good reason. There are no secret agendas here, those are only perpetuated by smoothbrained minority or people who just want to talk shit on message boards. Most normal Andys won't even pay attention and either play something if it's good, or ignore it if it's bad.
All it takes is to play the game for more than a couple sessions to realize that there are some reviewers out there not giving this game a fair chance, and they are instead seeing things like a cosmetic battle pass and are instantly making judgment calls. There has already been an issue where trusted reviewers are saying there’s “only one map” or “only one game mode” and then leaving a scathing review. That’s a big red flag in itself because it’s literally false information.

I feel like a ton of people are using this game as a punching bag for their gripes with other games, like Destiny, Warframe, Genshin Impact, Diablo Immortal, Overwatch 2, etc. and not actually judging this game by it’s own merits.

Drizzlehell

Banned
All it takes is to play the game for more than a couple sessions to realize that there are some reviewers out there not giving this game a fair chance, and they are instead seeing things like a cosmetic battle pass and are instantly making judgment calls. There has already been an issue where trusted reviewers are saying there’s “only one map” or “only one game mode” and then leaving a scathing review. That’s a big red flag in itself because it’s literally false information.

I feel like a ton of people are using this game as a punching bag for their gripes with other games, like Destiny, Warframe, Genshin Impact, Diablo Immortal, Overwatch 2, etc. and not actually judging this game by it’s own merits.
I scrolled through Steam reviews and all the most helpful ones were informative enough, and definitely not what you claim them to be (and by the way, currently the game stands at 7/10 which is far from scathing).

What those reviews are saying just doesn't sound very appealing to me as a solo player who's interested in a purely PvE experience, and neither does it sound like it's worth the price at the moment due to how repetitive it is. It's okay if you like this game but don't get angry at other people who found it lacking. Even the positive reviews aren't very glowing and air on the side of caution, which doesn't sound like a solid hit, lol.

I scrolled through Steam reviews and all the most helpful ones were informative enough, and definitely not what you claim them to be (and by the way, currently the game stands at 7/10 which is far from scathing).

What those reviews are saying just doesn't sound very appealing to me as a solo player who's interested in a purely PvE experience, and neither does it sound like it's worth the price at the moment due to how repetitive it is. It's okay if you like this game but don't get angry at other people who found it lacking. Even the positive reviews aren't very glowing and air on the side of caution, which doesn't sound like a solid hit, lol.
Just to clear the air here, I'm not upset at you or anyone on steam for their reviews of the game. I've even said multiple times, here(on the first page) and in other threads, I'm alright with the fact that people don't like the game or even shit on it, I just prefer that they do it with facts instead of making things up about the game. If you or anyone else feel that the game is a 5/10 or 7/10, I'm not going to fight you on it like how Rofif will fight people on Forspoken or how people are currently trying to fight over FF 16's quality in that |OT|. I'm not going to be blind to genuine criticism. This game has it's issues, but the problem is that certain people are pointing their guns in the wrong direction.

My gripe was more towards professional reviewers like IGN or certain youtubers like Before You Buy that people here tend to watch at times. They were the ones who were giving false information. That information is being spread on social media platforms including this one, and I'm simply clearing the air on what this game actually is vs what it's being described as by people who played it for a couple of hours and dropped it. Fortunately, with this game it's very apparent when someone has done the latter.

It's a great feeling knowing that this thread is full of people who fully understand that they're playing a 6/10 or 7/10 game and are enjoying it for what it is. And once again it's a damn shame that the game is 59.99 on launch because I do feel that it's a big factor in how this game is being taken. And as I've said before, I still find it silly that this game is being used as a punching bag for all of the BS people went through playing games like Overwatch 2, Diablo Immortal, Destiny, etc. Those games have poisoned the well almost beyond repair and even if a GAAS game is trying to be a fair and fun experience, it's already entering the room with this chip on it's shoulder because of all of the terrible things the bigger I.P. are doing.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Just to clear the air here, I'm not upset at you or anyone on steam for their reviews of the game. I've even said multiple times, here(on the first page) and in other threads, I'm alright with the fact that people don't like the game or even shit on it, I just prefer that they do it with facts instead of making things up about the game. If you or anyone else feel that the game is a 5/10 or 7/10, I'm not going to fight you on it like how Rofif will fight people on Forspoken or how people are currently trying to fight over FF 16's quality in that |OT|. I'm not going to be blind to genuine criticism. This game has it's issues, but the problem is that certain people are pointing their guns in the wrong direction.

My gripe was more towards professional reviewers like IGN or certain youtubers like Before You Buy that people here tend to watch at times. They were the ones who were giving false information. That information is being spread on social media platforms including this one, and I'm simply clearing the air on what this game actually is vs what it's being described as by people who played it for a couple of hours and dropped it. Fortunately, with this game it's very apparent when someone has done the latter.

It's a great feeling knowing that this thread is full of people who fully understand that they're playing a 6/10 or 7/10 game and are enjoying it for what it is. And once again it's a damn shame that the game is 59.99 on launch because I do feel that it's a big factor in how this game is being taken. And as I've said before, I still find it silly that this game is being used as a punching bag for all of the BS people went through playing games like Overwatch 2, Diablo Immortal, Destiny, etc. Those games have poisoned the well almost beyond repair and even if a GAAS game is trying to be a fair and fun experience, it's already entering the room with this chip on it's shoulder because of all of the terrible things the bigger I.P. are doing.
True. The genre has been soiled enough by now that everyone will treat any new game with prejudice. I'm pretty sure that once all of that other bullshit that Sony announced recently will come out, most of it will end up getting a lot of hate too.

It's kinda funny how Warframe was pretty much the only live service game that enjoyed a positive run. Even when people started complaining that it's a farming simulator, it got turned into memes because that's what the hardcore community wanted and enjoyed anyway.

In any case, I usually avoid "professional" outlets but a summary that Exoprimal offers pretty much one game mode doesn't sound that too far off base. Isn't the whole game essentially the same type of matches over and over, and the only difference is in what's gonna happen at the very end of it (eg. two teams fight each other, or one of them spawns a big dinosaur, etc.)? From what I've read and watched on streams so far, it seems like there isn't that much more to it compare to what was available in the beta.

True. The genre has been soiled enough by now that everyone will treat any new game with prejudice. I'm pretty sure that once all of that other bullshit that Sony announced recently will come out, most of it will end up getting a lot of hate too.

It's kinda funny how Warframe was pretty much the only live service game that enjoyed a positive run. Even when people started complaining that it's a farming simulator, it got turned into memes because that's what the hardcore community wanted and enjoyed anyway.

In any case, I usually avoid "professional" outlets but a summary that Exoprimal offers pretty much one game mode doesn't sound that too far off base. Isn't the whole game essentially the same type of matches over and over, and the only difference is in what's gonna happen at the very end of it (eg. two teams fight each other, or one of them spawns a big dinosaur, etc.)? From what I've read and watched on streams so far, it seems like there isn't that much more to it compare to what was available in the beta.
I'll explain the game the best way I know how. Take this image:

220-2208428_three-concentric-circles-the-innermost-one-labeled-3.png

The Outside Circle B is what happens in nearly every game. It is what wraps around the game modes. Essentially, you'll be doing one of two things most of the time: Two teams racing to the finish while killing dinosaurs and completing objectives, or Two teams combined for a raid.

Think of it like a sport. With tennis, you'll always play with at least two tennis rackets and a ball to score over a net. You might be able to change the game or modify it to be badminton or table tennis(and that's what I'll touch on next), but at the end of the day you're still hitting a ball across a net to score against an opponent. You wouldn't suddenly pick up a basketball and dunk to score for a tennis game. Much like that, the game has it's own gameplay loop that gets modifications.

The Inner Circle A is what happens when the game starts. There are two sets of rounds. These are the first set of rounds, that can range from the following:

Dinosaur hunting - Both teams killing dinosaurs to move forward to the second set of rounds.
Capture points - Both teams have to capture points while fighting dinos to get to the second set of rounds.
Vtol Defense - You're defending a rescue ship while it is attempting to take off with passengers. You have to try your best to keep dinos off of it and take them out before they take the ship out.
Dinosaur specific hunting - Killing specific dinosaurs so that you can complete objectives. The game will try and distract you with dinosaurs that don't need to be killed so it's trickier than regular hunting. For example, My story above about the one sniper dino that was the only true target while the game was making us fight large dinos, small dinos, and flying dinos all at once, while the sniper dino was hidden. Killing that dino instantly ends the round.
Escort Missions - You're escorting an NPC and have to defend him while he gathers data.
(The following modes below technically will take up both rounds, but I count them as first round since Leviathan will interrupt the first round to transport you to these other modes)
A test of will - Leviathan will put both teams into a situation where you have to face thousands of dinosaurs and survive. You get limited time. It's sort of a mini-raid. Both teams have to cooperate to win before the time runs out.
Raid - Leviathan will put both teams into a situation to cooperate where you will face off against a large number of dinosaurs and then fight a raid boss. There are a variety of them. The raid boss is really strong, usually has one 1 hit kill move(that you will see an obvious charge up for so that you can hide behind a wall or move away) and can wipe a team pretty easily.
A test of will(no respawns) - Leviathan will put both teams into a situation where you have to face thousands of dinosaurs and survive. However, this time you have to do Dino specific hunting and on top of that, you are not allowed respawns so you can only be revived by other players. The game mode is gruelingly hard and since there's no respawns it puts more and more pressure on survivors.

For all of these different modes, the game will usually increase in difficulty as you go.

The innermost Circle C is what happens in the second set of rounds and will happen after your team completes the first:

Dinosaur hunt race(PvE) - a much harder version of the Dino hunting mode, and the opposing team is allowed one dino to use interference. No direct PvP.
Hammerstrike(PvEvP) - One member of the team will only be able to use a hammer. They have to charge the hammer while carrying it, by killing dinosaurs. Then, once the hammer is at 100% they can take down the tower. There are 3 towers and the final one for both teams are very close to each other, so there's a high likelihood of direct PvP interference.
Cart(PvP) - Both teams have to escort a cart to the end from opposing sides of the map. Both carts will meet in the middle at the end and whoever stays on the point/cart for the longest and gets it to 100% will win. You can disable the enemy cart to slow their percentage. Direct PvP will 100% happen.
Uplink(King of the Hill, PvP) - Both teams have 3 points on a map to capture and hold while fighting each other and dinos.
Chip capture(PvEvP) - Both teams have to collect 100 chips. The first one to do so will win the game. High likelihood of direct PvP but usually both teams are busy finding and collecting chips, while fighting dinos in between chip spawns.

(In the beta there was one second round that ended in direct PvP between both parties, like Team Deathmatch. I have personally not seen it yet while playing in both queues so I have decided to leave it out for now unless someone can confirm)

Also, if you're in mixed or PvE queue, they will add some of the first set round modes above as a secondary mode to one of the other modes above, for example Vtol defense or capture points.

Edit: By the way, there is still Savage Gauntlet on the way. We don't know quite what it is yet but it is meant for end game difficulty. We do know that it is fully PvE. Also we don't know what's coming with the Ocean map. They might add more first round modes or second round modes. I'm hoping for watery weather effects like rain, thunder, and lightning(imagine!). The Monster Hunter collaboration is for sure going to be fighting the MH creatures in raids(which will be amazing).

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
At 80%. Just did the craziest story mission yet. A 10 man battle like the others but against more stage and enemy variety than ever. They could put out expansions like that and I would buy them. Insanely fun. Skywave was nuts on that mission. I was surveying and flying on upper levels no one else could even get to.

RickMasters

finally got round to playing this.

Long and short: it’s gonna be fun for a few weeks but I’m not sure how it’s gonna keep my attention after that. It’s just one map. And the suit powered do t feel all that satisfying to use.

I think this Gould have been a straight up F2P game. I would want to pay 60-70 bucks for this type of game. Feels a little barebones dare I say it.

RickMasters

At 80%. Just did the craziest story mission yet. A 10 man battle like the others but against more stage and enemy variety than ever. They could put out expansions like that and I would buy them. Insanely fun. Skywave was nuts on that mission. I was surveying and flying on upper levels no one else could even get to.
It’s gonna need some expansions in the form of maps. My only real issue with it right now is that I’m gonna get bored of this one map in about a week. But the core gameplay is there. It’s not a bad game at all. Just feels like it needs more…. ‘Game’….. this is half a meal right now

Last edited:

M.W.

finally got round to playing this.

Long and short: it’s gonna be fun for a few weeks but I’m not sure how it’s gonna keep my attention after that. It’s just one map. And the suit powered do t feel all that satisfying to use.

I think this Gould have been a straight up F2P game. I would want to pay 60-70 bucks for this type of game. Feels a little barebones dare I say it.
It held my attention for 2 days lol. Already deleted and moved on.

RickMasters

It held my attention for 2 days lol. Already deleted and moved on.
I feel like I’m gonna be where you are with it, soon. Hoping some content drops that makes me feel otherwise though. It’s got mech suits and Dinos…. How is this game not hitting the mark? It just feels like there ain’t enough game here, for what it is. And they are charging people full price for this too? …… yikes! Should have been an F2P game for real.

EekTheKat

My brain has been failing me here - I'm programmed for RIG to mean suit when it actually means something completely different in this game. Sort of made me go back and rethink a few builds.

Just noticed some synergies between Tank - Healer combos. Witch Doctor is almost a companion Krieger, as Krieger can just stand in the healing circle and not compromise his abilities. While Murasame doesn't work very well with a Witch Doctor Healer due to the stun locking making it harder for Murasame to proc a counter.

Nimbus is super interesting - especially since the holo ability can recall dead/fallen for you. It takes a little practice to get use to the stance switch mechanic but she's a pretty fun hybrid healer.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I feel like I’m gonna be where you are with it, soon. Hoping some content drops that makes me feel otherwise though. It’s got mech suits and Dinos…. How is this game not hitting the mark? It just feels like there ain’t enough game here, for what it is. And they are charging people full price for this too? …… yikes! Should have been an F2P game for real.
I think there's more than enough to be a good pick up at $40. The pricing is rough. I don't blame anyone that bails, because it can be very repetitive.

But for the people it does click for, it's crack. I'm pretty sure I will get every job to level 20 to get all the rewards and then focus on support mains. My current mains are Deadeye, Witch Doctor, Skywave. All are totally nuts.

Pro-tip for Deadeye players, make sure you charge your palm strike with R1. Does 600 damage to large dinos and if you manage a crit shot it does more.
Nimbus is super interesting - especially since the holo ability can recall dead/fallen for you. It takes a little practice to get use to the stance switch mechanic but she's a pretty fun hybrid healer.
That is awesome. So far the first 2 support classes have been my favorites. Going for Nimbus next after getting Skywave to 20 and I had no idea Nimbus had a raise ability.

Surprisingly better than I expected, tho the first few hours are a slog until the game opens up. Pretty much just play Witch Doctor for now as the paralyzing enemies & healing allies seems a chill combo. Doesn't usually work out that way as people get tunnel vision easily and you can get left holding off a horde in the rear hoping someone will turn around before your energy runs out :messenger_grinning_sweat: Played a little Nimbus too and that ones good if you want trade a little focus on support for more damage output

Top Bottom