• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extra Information from Tom Henderson on Sony's Next State of Play + Additional Details

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
aX98BaFfWddMXYYUMw6BNf9kWvKdlXQN9VClVQnEa5E.jpg

tusharngf

15minutes of conference sucks. It's better to do an hour or two-hour conference with all 3rdparty plus first-party titles.

odhiex

I don't know whether the guy is a credible insider or not. Some of his earlier "predictions" (GAF thread) were quite a miss.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Come on Sony, give me a reason to buy a PS5 later this year. Definitely up for grabbing one with a few games once I’ve cleared my backlog a bit.

If by reason you mean full PS5 exclusive, you won't get a big one this year. Horizon, GT7, Ragnarok are all cross-gen.

If you wanna play those games are increased framerates/resolutions with super quick loading and fancy controller feedback though...

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
After his BF2042 stuff, he is obviously connected (I still believe that he's being paid by these companies to do some sort of "guerilla/viral marketing" in the name of "leaks", but whatever).

As for the contents, sounds pretty fucking boring to me. Makes me even more relieved that I didn't buy a PS5 (or Xbox Series) yet. This has to be first time I've ever looked at both next-gen consoles and thought "wow absolutely no incentive whatsoever to get into next-gen".

with horizon nearing release there is no need to show more and spoil it. though i can see why they would do it for marketing purposes.

GymWolf

10 min gameplay for h2 and maybe something for hogwarts?! How is this any worse than 90% of previous state of play?!

SilentUser

Sounds feasible, but also sounds like everyone here is predicting. Is that him guessing or actually leaking it? Not going to watch the video for now

Saber

Gold Member
A rumor that describes that Hogwarts "could" be featured, so it's a rumor about "maybes". Cheez, these rumors are getting worse everytime.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sony have skipped out on their December event, so I'm expecting this one to be HUGE. At the very least, I expect

GOW Ragnarok
Horizon FW
GT7
Resistance trilogy remaster
Silent Hill
New Syphon filter
GTA6
Spider-Man 2
Plus a few new IPs

Anything less than that then they shouldn't bother. Go hard or go home, Sony.

saintjules

I figured this would have been the best time to showcase a deep dive for HZD.

Sony have skipped out on their December event, so I'm expecting this one to be HUGE. At the very least, I expect

GOW Ragnarok
Horizon FW
GT7
Resistance trilogy remaster
Silent Hill
New Syphon filter
GTA6
Spider-Man 2
Plus a few new IPs

Anything less than that then they shouldn't bother. Go hard or go home, Sony.

Spider-Man 2 is a 2023 game. I would not expect this there.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I figured this would have been the best time to showcase a deep dive for HZD.

Spider-Man 2 is a 2023 game. I would not expect this there.

They still give us a small gameplay slice. Should be possible if it's due next year.

Also, forgot to add Wolverine and Hogwarts to the list of games that I expect to see. Trying to keep it realistic because it's a February event, but they did skip their normal December event, so no reason why this isn't jam packed with megaton announcements.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Neogaf will be the go to place for discussion on Hogwarts, given that the site that shall not be named have banned all discussion of the title due to JK Rowling not supporting absolutely everything trans rights push for even at the expense of others.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
How many times by now have we heard that the next Sony Direct is gonna be big, just to end up being a big dissapointment.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'll remain skeptical.

AmuroChan

Gold Member
Doesn't sound all that exciting. I don't need to see more of Horizon. We've seen enough already. Everything else mentioned are games that we know about already. A SoP that would actually be exciting is to announce new projects they're working on.

Lupin25

I could see the first SOP being smaller in stature just to showcase HFW, Sifu, GT7 some of their Q2 and 3rd party offering, etc. as they normally do this upon launch and plus they’ve 3 considerable games coming up.

It seems Sony is trying to keep more of our attention short-term by withholding other games (presentation) until their release date nears.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Wonder what sonys gonna have for 2023.

Hopefully something from Bend studios and suckerpunch maybe Spiderman 2.

Lognor

Banned
Wonder what sonys gonna have for 2023.

Hopefully something from Bend studios and suckerpunch maybe Spiderman 2.
You're already thinking about 2023? Slow down! 2022 has only just started.

I do wonder when Sony goes PS5 only with all, or most, of their games. Mid 2023?

Fbh

Sounds pretty tame though it mostly seems to be guesses.
Sifu is definitely one of those games I really want to play but I'm started to get tired of seeing it at every event.

Looking forward to seeing hogwarts meltdowns at our purple freinds place

I'll wait to see more. I half expect they'll make it extra woke to try to diminish Twitter hate

Aside from maybe that TLOU multiplayer, I wouldn't expect any surprises from Sony in 2022.
They have Horizon, Gow Ragnarok, GT7, Forspoken (timed exclusive) and Ghostwire Tokyo (timed exclusive). It's a really solid if somewhat unexciting year.

We'll probably have to wait until the second half of the year to get any sort of new announcement from them (for 2023-24)

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

I do wonder when Sony goes PS5 only with all, or most, of their games. Mid 2023?

Well apart from Spiderman 2 and wolverine we dont know what is after 22.
Sony usually announce there games quite far in advanced.

Top Bottom