• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extremist Militia Occupies Federal Building In Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish people would have a little sympathy and listen to what these guys are saying.

They want people to stop sending dildos, so stop sending dildos already.

Now we need to send them lube.

No.

We need to send them a bunch of shit from Weasley's Wizardry Weezes at Harry Potter World.

Having their own closed judiciary process that follows the broken logic of their irrational beliefs instead of an objective, fair, civilized, and neutral court? That's how it's like a Sharia court.

The only difference is that they don't have hands on any of these officials to enforce what will surely be guilty verdicts in every single instance.
It's a good thing that they don't, otherwise we'd end up with several officials buried up to their necks in the ground (just the females; males would be buried up to their waists) having partially chewed wads of Skoal constitutionally spat on their traitorous faces until the patriotic essence contained within the masticated discharge absorbed via osmosis and converted them into born-again government-hating government-reliant gun-humping ingrate drama queens.

EDIT: LOL! Just saw on another forum somebody calling this "Shania Law".

jstripes

Banned
Having their own closed judiciary process that follows the broken logic of their irrational beliefs instead of an objective, fair, civilized, and neutral court? That's how it's like a Sharia court.

The only difference is that they don't have hands on any of these officials to enforce what will surely be guilty verdicts in every single instance.

So they're gonna issue fatwahs, then?

Still not following, by that logic couldn't any judiciary system be labeled sharia law?

I mean, the U.S. Justice system is supposed to be fair as fuck yet you've got dozens of innocent people being tried as guilty under what is supposed to be a neutral system.

Still not following, by that logic couldn't any judiciary system be labeled sharia law?

I mean, the U.S. Justice system is supposed to be fair as fuck yet you've got dozens of innocent people being tried as guilty under what is supposed to be a neutral system.
We are talking about different things here, the foundation and intent in the system of law and the existence of corruption in that system of law.

You are disagreeing, not "not following"

Tell us what the big difference is instead.

We are talking about different things here, the foundation and intent in the system of law and the existence of corruption in that system of law.

Well sharia law is based on religious (Islamic) views of what is deemed lawful/acceptable conduct. There is no verdict by a group of peers. Verdict is passed by one person (the judge) who is following ancient law

The court set up by these militia men would if anything mimic the same judicial system set up by the founding fathers (like what the U.S. Has) although you are correct in assuming it would be corrupt, it would to a degree still involve judgement from a group of peers.

I know it's popular to shit on Islam here on GAF but equating this to sharia law is just reaching imo

Edit: see the quotes from the link the poster below me has just given

Rancher: Bundy & Co. ‘Didn’t Have My Permission’ To Destroy Fence

Ammon Bundy and his band of militiamen said they destroyed a fence at the site of their anti-government standoff earlier this week to help out a nearby rancher, but that rancher said Wednesday that he did not give them permission and does not support their mission.

Tim Puckett, a rancher whose land runs adjacent to the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, told The Oregonian Wednesday he’s never spoken to Bundy, and his ranch hands have already fixed the fence.

“I am very upset,” Puckett told the paper. “They didn’t have my permission to do anything.”

I think the only actual support these guys have comes from random internet crazies.

Speaking of which...

Meet The Sovereign Citizen 'Judge' Who Has Linked Up With The Oregon Standoff

Doucette, 54, is a computer fixer upper man who also doubles as a judge (although he has no formal legal training.) According to a Facebook page that appears to belong to him, Doucette is a judge for the Colorado Supreme Court, which "ARE THE HIGHEST COURTS ON THE LAND. THEY HAVE THE TRUE POWER BECAUSE THE VERDICTS ARE ISSUED BY THE GRAND JURY OF TWENTY FIVE PEOPLE THAT ALL MUST BE UNANIMOUS IN THEIR DECISION, NOT THE JUDGE."
Doucette's Facebook page is littered with various arrest warrants for county officials from sheriffs to local judges as well as memes explaining how the "word legal means undoing God's Law," a video showing how you can run a car on water, and an article on how to keep bees indoors. His Facebook also includes a letter to Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper asking why he and the attorney general did not have an "oath of office" on file.
Doucette is also a bit of a science denier and conspiracy theorist. He has posted about how he doubts that the world is really round. He flat out said on Facebook that "we do not live on a Globe."

jstripes

Banned

The difference is this court upholds "Real American Values", whereas sharia upholds "Pure Islamic Values".

I think the point of the "Sharia court" comment in this comparison is that both "courts" run from a skewed view on reality, Sharia Courts through the lens of religion, this Judge's "Court" through the lens of the Sovereign Citizen Movement.

Also, the "Judge" is obviously crazy pants.

The difference is this court upholds "Real American Values", whereas sharia upholds "Pure Islamic Values".

Not disagreeing with you but for now the context of values between the two judicial system can be ignored for a moment.

The vast difference is in how a verdict is delivered and what is considered appropriate, saying these guys are setting up their own version of sharia law is a very weak attempt at painting a common enemy

Edit:

Allow me to elaborate further. I prescribe to the notion that what is being done here is terrorism. But saying they are setting up a sharia court is a proxy way of saying that they are mimicking Islamic law (the same law used by Islamic terrorists) and thus Islam is the common enemy here. It's a false equivalence, terrorism and unfair judicial systems is not exclusive to Islam.

gabbo

Rancher: Bundy & Co. ‘Didn’t Have My Permission’ To Destroy Fence

I think the only actual support these guys have comes from random internet crazies.

Speaking of which...

Meet The Sovereign Citizen 'Judge' Who Has Linked Up With The Oregon Standoff

..How is this nonsense still going on? Like, this would be the height of comedy if it wasn't happening in reality. A 'judge' who subscribes to flat earth theories issuing arrest warrants for federal officials on behalf of a group of redneck gun toting 'real americans' terrorizing a town from an occupied federal building?

This whole situation is beyond 'crazy pants', as Lonewolf_92 put it

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
as this thing continues to carry on and get more and more absurd, and the terrorists feel more and more bold, are people still happy with the "well at least no one is getting hurt/hands off" approach?

cuz it seems to me like thats backfiring bigtime
Bold? Bold about what? Telling everyone to stop sending them dildos?

They do seem to be irritating the locals quite a bit, but are they doing anything they can legitimately be arrested for at the local level?

The overall situation still seems to be backfiring more against the militia than for anyone else.

I think people should send them those sugar-free gummy bears that cause diarrhea.

Brb, going to mail them a 5lb bag of sugar free gummy bears.

Yeah, it's got to be the Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears. Infamous Amazon review.
Just picture everyone there fighting to see who gets to use the restroom next. LOL!
I'm down to sending them a 5lb bag of the stuff.
Does anyone here know the address of that refuge?

---EDIT---
Never mind, it's unavailable. :(

AlphaDump

Gold Member
why bust them when you basically have a locked down facility that you can monitor them under? it is perfect for gathering data and intelligence into the subculture that fuels it. Channels go 2 ways, i cant even begin to imagine what they are tracing back to.

dildos are proving to be quite effective.

Whoever is making the decisions here needs to be replaced. You are not going to win a battle of attrition if they are allowed to keep receiving supplies, new people, and you let them have free reign over a town.

And eventually something a lot worse than some joke sex toys is going to be sent to them.

commedieu

Banned
Whoever is making the decisions here needs to be replaced. You are not going to win a battle of attrition if they are allowed to keep receiving supplies, new people, and you let them have free reign over a town.

And eventually something a lot worse than some joke sex toys is going to be sent to them.

Someone insane is going to send an explosive. Who is going to be responsible for their injuries..? Could they sue the federal government over it...?

Doesn't seem anyone is scanning the mail...

PopeReal

why bust them when you basically have a locked down facility that you can monitor them under? it is perfect for gathering data and intelligence into the subculture that fuels it. Channels go 2 ways, i cant even begin to imagine what they are tracing back to.

They are not staying in any locked down facility. They go to town or anywhere whenever they feel like it. Other people are also allowed to come and go.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

If it were locked down and these people did not have free access to press, vehicles and supplies, I don't think anyone in this thread would be pissed.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
They are not staying in any locked down facility. They go to town or anywhere whenever they feel like it. Other people are also allowed to come and go.

self imposed lockdown, under the idea that they are secure.

but holy shit i didnt know they were going into town.. that is alarming. i thought there were road blocks in place.

They do seem to be irritating the locals quite a bit, but are they doing anything they can legitimately be arrested for at the local level?

The overall situation still seems to be backfiring more against the militia than for anyone else.

Like I posted earlier, Sheriff handling Oregon standoff denounces intimidation of law enforcement. They've been stalking local police and BLM workers, and now they have a pants-on-head flat-earther "Judge" coming in to "hold court" and issue "arrest warrants" against local officials. The obvious next step for them is acting on those "warrants" and trying to "arrest" people.

But that's the thing, they're not locked down, they're going in and out of there. One blew out of there not that long ago because it was discovered he was stealing valor claiming to be a vet.

Just picture everyone there fighting to see who gets to use the restroom next. LOL!

---EDIT---

I dunno if these will produce the same effect, but it does have a warning label that excess consumption produces a laxative effect...

https://nuts.com/chocolatessweets/gummies/gummy-bears/sugar-free.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&scid=scplp2860795&gclid=CJjj2e-gqMoCFRRlfgodluIIxw

Gattsu25

Banned

---EDIT---

"Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears 5LB Bag"
Ingredients
Corn Syrup, Sugar, Gelatin, Dextrose, Citric Acid, Corn Starch, Artificial and Natural Flavors, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Carnauba Wax, Beeswax Coating, Artificial Colors Yellow 5, Red 40, Blue 1​

ayeorkean

mhxAHCKh.jpg

Retro

On one hand, that's amazing. That office is going to look like the biggest orgy took place there when all the morons get dragged off in handcuffs and leave piles and piles of sex toys and lube behind. if it's real.

On the other hand, that's $1000 that could have gone to a worthier cause than "for the lulz."

Thanks for the link^^.
Just noticed other sellers on Amazon selling similar product. Link.
Does anyone have the address of the refuge? Definitely going to send some Gummy Bears their way.

---EDIT---
NVM, got the address from ayeorkean's post.

Dai101

Banned
On one hand, that's amazing. That office is going to look like the biggest orgy took place there when all the morons get dragged off in handcuffs and leave piles and piles of sex toys and lube behind. if it's real.

On the other hand, that's $1000 that could have gone to a worthier cause than "for the lulz."

There's no better cause than "FOR THE LULZ"

lawnchair

Banned

they've gone from just sitting in that building to roaming around that town. i consider that bolder behavior. they tore down some fences. i consider that bolder behavior.

they stole government owned equipment to destroy property. they have guns inside a federal building. they're occupying property that doesn't belong to them. i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure you can (and should) legitimately be arrested by any law enforcement officer for any of those things. just because they're in a federal building doesn't mean only agent mulder can legally arrest them.

the problem is that nobody seems interested in arresting them.

I have to imagine it won't take much for some of the locals getting harassed/trespassed upon/etc to snap when things have even a slighter whiff of coming to a head---I mean, you'd be hard pressed to have the local law enforcement and general folks in a more justifiably on edge state of being than a bunch of armed jackasses ambling around making threats and probably one push behind a fist fight or worse getting instigated.

besada

Banned
I have to imagine it won't take much for some of the locals getting harassed/trespassed upon/etc to snap when things have even a slighter whiff of coming to a head---I mean, you'd be hard pressed to have the local law enforcement and general folks in a more justifiably on edge state of being than a bunch of armed jackasses ambling around making threats and probably one push behind a fist fight or worse getting instigated.
There's already been at least one fist fight between members of the Pacific Patriot Network and the Militia. PPN came out and tried to jump on the train, into the conductor's booth, and there was a brief fist fight between armed men. Talk about dancing along the edge of the abyss.

The longer the roads are open, the more crazy that's going to wash up into the Refuge. And all it takes is one guy shooting, for any reason, to start a panic among armed paranoids.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
they've gone from just sitting in that building to roaming around that town. i consider that bolder behavior. they tore down some fences. i consider that bolder behavior.

they stole government owned equipment to destroy property. they have guns inside a federal building. they're occupying property that doesn't belong to them. i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure you can (and should) legitimately be arrested by any law enforcement officer for any of those things. just because they're in a federal building doesn't mean only agent mulder can legally arrest them.

the problem is that nobody seems interested in arresting them.
Well, that's really been the problem with these guys much longer than this, hasn't it? If they weren't pulling this stunt, what else would they be doing? The Bundy's are part of a clan that have amassed a million or more in federal fines, evaded arrest multiple times, antagonized federal employees on numerous occasions and trespassed on federal land more times than anyone can probably count. And that's all stuff they did a decade or more ago, not even accounting for what they've been doing more recently. So it's not like the lack of enthusiasm to arrest them is somehow a new thing. This has been going on for decades. But at least now there's maybe a chance for social media to shine a light on how petty and dishonorable their causes really are while they congregate in a location that hopefully mitigates the potential for large scale chaos. I dunno, wishful thinking perhaps.

neshcom

Banned
What a shitshow. Now you have people from presidential compaigns visiting. Just guess who's?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ca...gon-wildlife-refuge-occupation-153743214.html
I mean, the guys works on his campaign, but it doesn't seem like he represents it. Trump is even quoted in the article as against the occupation.
But last week, after he made those comments, the head of a veterans' group formed by his campaign traveled to Oregon to meet with protesters whom he described as a “peaceful” and “constitutionally just” movement.
Although Jerry DeLemus, a 61-year-old retired Marine, said he made the visit on his own rather than as a representative of Trump’s campaign, he is the only member of a presidential campaign to have openly visited the occupation of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge since it began on Jan. 2.

besada

Banned
Representative Peter DeFazio complains about the inaction of the Feds:
http://www.kezi.com/news/video/Angry_Rep_DeFazio_at_DOJ_over_Burns_Protest_.html

He notes that the last stand-off, and its lack of punishment, drove this current standoff.

And, we have an article noting that the Malheur Refuge is home to some 4,000 Native American artifacts:
http://mashable.com/2016/01/15/oregon-refuge-artifacts/#SzNrA7yUD8q7
Thousands of archaeological artifacts — and maps detailing where more can be found — are kept inside the national wildlife refuge buildings currently being held by an armed group of protestors angry over federal land policy.

Ryan Bundy, one of the leaders of the group occupying the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in southeastern Oregon, says they have no real interest in the antiquities. Still, their access to the artifacts and maps has some worried that looters could take advantage of the situation.

"There's a huge market for artifacts, especially artifacts that have provenance, where you can identify where they came from," said Carla Burnside, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's refuge archeologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom