• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable: The Lost Chapters trailer

.hacked

Prine said:
both. Just thinking about the extra missions and environments has me real excited. Cant wait

I'll scoop up the Xbox version, think it will work with saves from the original?

I really liked Fable.

Prine

Banned
m0dus said:
The haters chorus "b-b-but he lied to us about being able to grow trees! and decapitating children in the game! as gamers, we must boycott the limey bastard*! It turns out I DIDN'T like Populace after all!!!11!"

(*BTW, that's Moleneux, not you, Prine :) )

Yep, and at the same time it managed to sell over a million :lol Haters keep on hating, but i know Molenuex is smiling right now.

He was awarded an OBE from the Queen earlier this year. Quite a big achivement

box%20molyneux.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
gigapower said:
Looking forward to some new Fable content, definetely one of the best xbox games out there.

I've enjoyed Jade Empire much more :D

Speevy

Banned
Fable had some cool ideas that didn't feel connected to the average main game. Plus, the game skipped like crazy on my Thompson, so not being able to play it wasn't good.

Prine said:
Yep, and at the same time it managed to sell over a million :lol Haters keep on hating, but i know Molenuex is smiling right now.

True Crime sold over five million copies across all three skews, does that make it a good game?

Zer0

Banned
sorry but the fable fiasco stills angry me

for a game who promises the heaven and delivers so little i cant excuse molineux
they hyped the game like there is no tomorrow,the greatest rpg they said...SURE

Zer0 said:
sorry but the fable fiasco stills angry me

for a game who promises the heaven and delivers so little i cant excuse molineux
they hyped the game like there is no tomorrow,the greatest rpg they said...SURE

Maybe in its category Fable IS the greatest Rpg EVAR! I mean how many other six hour long Rpgs exist?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Rant post:

So many people in this thread should be banned.

WE GET IT! YOU DONT LIKE FABLE. FUCK OFF NOW.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
On Topic Post:

Cant decide whether to get this for PC or Xbox, $20 for xbox might swing it (i'll import it so it'll probably be about £15), though I am kinda interested to see it in high res at 60fps...but the combat will suck on PC...cant decide.

I wonder how big the (Dont read if you dont know what the final boss of Lost chapters will be)
dragon
will be, i hope it beats the shit out of me for months before i finally manage to beat it.

Prine

Banned
jaundicejuice said:
True Crime sold over five million copies across all three skews, does that make it a good game?

Fable managed to get good scores across the board though. And from what i played it deserves those sales.

It also sends a strong message to MS that games without guns and explosions can still be blockbusters. They have a strong IP in their hands, and i cant wait to see Fable evolve. Fable 2 is most anticipated game next gen

belgurdo

Banned
Ghost said:
Rant post:

So many people in this thread should be banned.

WE GET IT! YOU DONT LIKE FABLE. FUCK OFF NOW.

Opinions are subversive and decadent

Believe in what the majority says

Have hope in the machine

obey

obey

obey

raYne

TTP said:
Do people still care about Xbox games?
fixed for comprehension.

I'm picking up:
Metal Slug 4 & 5
Fable The Lost Chapters
Ninja Gaiden Black
Marvel Nemesis
Starcraft Ghost
Matrix Path of Neo
X-men Legends 2

...when they get released.

Slightly off topic, Zelda Twilight Princess is the only GC game I'll be picking up.

Gattsu25

Banned
Ghost said:
On Topic Post:

Cant decide whether to get this for PC or Xbox, $20 for xbox might swing it (i'll import it so it'll probably be about £15), though I am kinda interested to see it in high res at 60fps...but the combat will suck on PC...cant decide.
2002-4-26-450-log5.jpg

Not if you use a [Controller] > USB converter

Mrbob

Nice. Not a bad buy for 20 bucks! Fable is a flawed game, but it is still fun. I've played a little bit of Fable and it wasn't horrible. Looking forward to picking up the extended edition on the cheap!

I really enjoyed Fable, as flawed and easy as it was...but I need to know approximately how much new content has been added to this expansion before I essentially repurchase the first game...or is this a stand-alone rerelease including the new content?

Scott

MightyHedgehog said:
I need to know approximately how much new content has been added to this expansion before I essentially repurchase the first game...
Here's a few bits from IGN's feature on it:
...in the Lost Chapters, the Northern Wastes have become a reality. At the center of this icy wasteland lies a city of the dead where gamers will run into new beasts.
...16 new quests and some small additions to the conversations that occur around town. All of these combine to give Xbox gamers some answers concerning locked doors and the light house.
The developers have also promised that the game will close out with a massive dragon, a creature that previously only existed in the literature of Albion.
...there will be some new head gear. If there's one thing that can make even the most hardened warrior look silly it's a decorative hat. So far we know of two such accessories. The first is a giant sized, googly eyed chicken head that reveals the character's face through an open beak.
fable-the-lost-chapters-20050712045528805-000.jpg
The second hat is a pointy black helmet that is sure to be a choice accessory of the ultra evil gamer. My personal favorite is a large purple pimp hat which features a huge belt buckle adorning the front of the accessory.
In the first Fable there was a dead-end path in Darkwood, but now it leads directly to the front door of a brothel. The developers have alluded to players being able to become a pimp and employ "fallen women" giving the aforementioned pimp-hat a real use. Of course, those jokers at Lionhead studios also allow the main character to dress as a woman and acquire male customers making this unique videogame situation even stranger.
So far, we know of three new expressions that can be used to entertain and annoy the inhabitants of Albion. The first one is a Cock-A-Doodle-Do dance that has the sole purpose of making a character look like a fool.
If the funky chicken isn't your style, try the Russian dance known for its high kicks performed with a scrunched torso and arms folded. Or, woo the ladies at the local pub and stomp out a quick number to display your masterful Flamenco skills. The last expression is an air guitar move à la Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure which is the perfect display of elation after roughing up some beasts.
You can read the rest of the feature here.
MightyHedgehog said:
or is this a stand-alone rerelease including the new content?
It will be a stand-alone release, akin to the "Game of the Year Edition" of Morrowind, so you'll get the original game plus all of the bonus content on a single disc. It's also a straight-to-Platinum Hits release, so it'll be 20$ out of the gate.

Hope that helps. :)

Prine

Banned
The last expression is an air guitar move à la Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure which is the perfect display of elation after roughing up some beasts.

:lol :lol GOTY

Its moving up to my most wanted again. God i cant wait for this bad boy, its hard enough trying to resist playing my current copy..

At Platinum Hits pricing it should be a steal. I'm leaning towards the PC version for the resolution and (hopefully adjusted) load times. Shame the PC version will probably go for full price.

Top Bottom