• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable Gameplay Reveal Trailer| Xbox Showcase 2024

magikarp7

Mods can fix her face. RELEASE THE GAME!

365754_ezgif.com-optimize.gif
They can but not for the pre-rendered cut scenes :messenger_loudly_crying:

This looked entirely fake and like the whole thing was CGI.

If real, it's superbly impressive. If not, then shame on you Playground.

And yeah, the main character is jarringly ugly. Like it's actually distracting how butterface she is. Why devs? Why?

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This looked entirely fake and like the whole thing was CGI.

If real, it's superbly impressive. If not, then shame on you Playground.

And yeah, the main character is jarringly ugly. Like it's actually distracting how butterface she is. Why devs? Why?
Even last year's trailer was lifted straight from a level.

They are just really bad at showing their games. Just show an uncut demo. its not that hard.

I never liked the original Fable games but this looks fucking awesome.

Graphically stunning with lots of character.

I even like the main character. Yeah she ain’t hot, and is uglier than Aloy and maybe on par with MJ (dunno why xbros continue shitting on them both), but her Tommy boy rough around the edges look kinda fits well into the world and maybe she’ll progress into looking much better and more refined as the take progresses

Very impressed by this title, Playground is legit and we have another true next gen showcase here

In just hope it’s a meaty game and not smoke and mirrors like HB2…seriously fuck that game, this shits all over it.

Last edited:

JayK47

I may try it assuming I can change the main character. But I doubt it has any of the charm of the original games. It looks nothing like them.

The fact they've turned this around for 2025 after releasing Forza Horizon in only 2021 is insane..whole new genre, effectively a new IP. They are putting majority of devs out there to shame if they can deliver without delays

They have two completely separate teams. So FH5’s release date doesn’t have much to do with it. That team is undoubtedly working on FH6.

Kumomeme

did they use man for her motion capture?

nobody ask to have super sexy feminine walk posture at first place but she basically walk like this lol

walking-geralt-of-rivia.gif

walking-geralt-of-rivia.gif

witcher 3 empire GIF

she is not a player created character placeholder right? since some game with character creation just end up just share same motion build for both male and female character. correct me if im wrong since im not really familliar with this franchise. EDIT: apparently a placeholder character for character creation?

wait.. no offense, im not talk about her face but is she is SHE in this game?

Last edited:

A.Romero

I'm looking forward to play this. Don't care about the MC, it's not like I need to feel attracted to every character, not everyone can be Geralt.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
TBH in motion she looks way better, there is obviously a difference between pre-rendered cutscenes and other gameplay snippets.

diffusionx

Gold Member
She's not doing weird faces that are tough to replicate in CG. The first trailer she's like Jim Carrey with the silly faces. Her face is mostly neutral in the latest trailer so it doesn't stretch believability.
This trailer is also a big shift in tone from the old one, which was really stupid “we are so le quirky British” like it was done by people who didn’t really get the old ones. Seems like somebody there did actually read the complaints and found them valid, but now we have two very different trailers a year apart with no real gameplay footage. So what the hell is this game, they’re not saying.

Švejk

Came into this thread to watch the trailer... Decided not to after seeing that face. Sweet Jesus that thing is ugly. And what of that ugliness makes anyone think anything remotely "Yeah! Fable!"

Last edited:

Fbh

Looks fun though a "gameplay" reveal trailer should have more gameplay and less cutscenes of peole taking IMO

Top Bottom