• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most teenagers post about drugs and beating up bus drivers? Interesting.

How about their friends saying they knew he beat up Zimmerman - which is what eye witnesses are saying as well:

uaa4E.jpg

This post has me laughing like a mad man in public...thanks for making me look suspicious.

I don't see how Zimmerman's story lines up with what the lady who's backyard this happened in says.

There was no audible struggle, she only heard a boy pleading for his life then a gunshot and then silence. Went out and found Zimmerman standing over him.

Imm0rt4l

So if I died in the same circumstances, gaf would look at my facebook friends and twitter and use my less scrupulous or morally questionable friends to make a case against me? To define me? You guys won't even take in consideration that I'm a college grad(in aviation much like Trayvon aspired to be btw) and have no criminal history?

Jangocube

Banned
I can't believe that people in 1st world countries actually type like that on twitter and facebook. I just can't comprehend the thought process that goes into their head.

So if I died in the same circumstances, gaf would look at my facebook friends and twitter and use my less scrupulous or morally questionable friends to make a case against me? To define me? You guys won't even take in consideration that I'm a college grad(in aviation much like Trayvon aspired to be btw) and have no criminal history?

The media probably would.

From my teenage years alone I'd be screwed.

Branduil

I like how we're not supposed to judge Zimmerman because we don't know all the facts but at the same time a couple of nearly-incomprehensible tweets prove what a terrible person Martin was and therefore he probably deserved to get shot.

Probably deserved it.

Got some scary pics?

Were all just a bunch of thugs incognito.

commedieu

Banned

There is a sword in your avatar...

jbdd4lO1vKdZxZ.jpg

So sad he gave up that future for a life of crime..er..walking...

Sorry dude, lynch mob has spoken.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Maybe it was that reefer madness.

The blowout from this is going to get disgusting, isn't it? No one check fox news.

Mr. Patch

Why is this coming out now? The pressure of the case? I thought they were waiting for a trial now we hear Zimmermans side and police say "much of it has been corroborated by witnesses"

All this shit is suspicious, no pun intended.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_arizona-iced-tea-suv-unarmed-black-teenager

I do remember the police saying he had cuts on the back of his head and a bloody nose.

I thought he got out of his car to check what street he was on?

Looking back:
The fact you have eye witnesses saying he was the aggressor, that he was suspended from school for drugs, and that he has a juvenile record (http://news.yahoo.com/family-pot-linked-trayvon-martin-suspension-170335350.html) will all be presented in court in some fashion.
What? The article says he did not have a juvenile record.
Errr that's what I meant...
No, that's obviously not what you meant at all.

In context, it was going to be another support for your explanation of how George Zimmerman's actions could be defended in court.

Your further posts make your viewpoint fairly obvious.

I just can't believe how bothered I am by this. A group of people are looking at "Justice for Trayvon Martin" and focusing on Trayvon Martin, convicting him before a trial, ignoring a botched investigation. I know that a lot of these same people would be singing an entirely different tune if it were their child.

I can't believe that people in 1st world countries actually type like that on twitter and facebook. I just can't comprehend the thought process that goes into their head.

Slang is the use of informal words and expressions that are not considered standard in the speaker's language or dialect but are considered more acceptable when used socially. Slang is often used as a euphemism and may use informal lexicon to identify with one's peers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slang

bjb

Banned

My viewpoint of how Zimmerman is an unstable criminal - who's case gets potentially more difficult to convict when damaging news leaks about Trayvon's backround?

Cool man keep up the good work. You should be a detective or something.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Looking back:No, that's obviously not what you meant at all.

In context, it was going to be another support for your explanation of how George Zimmerman's actions could be defended in court.

I just can't believe how bothered I am by this. A group of people are looking at "Justice for Trayvon Martin" and focusing on Trayvon Martin, convicting him before a trial, ignoring a botched investigation. I know that a lot of these same people would be singing an entirely different tune if it were their child.

Yeah, that was obvious that he lied about that to try to make himself look better. Does his lie make the rest of his testimony inadmissable to this thread?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My viewpoint of how Zimmerman is an unstable criminal - who's case gets more difficult to convict when damaging news leaks about Trayvon's backround?

Cool man keep up the good work.
Martin's background as a kid?

Just be straight up about what you're going for. No point patty caking around what you're trying to say.

LuCkymoON

Banned
A few things I would like to know:
What are the results of Martin's autopsy? Did his clothes also have grass stains?
If Zimmerman's head and nose were bleeding from blunt force trauma, why didn't he go to the hospital? He could have had a fractured skull/nose.
How will Zimmerman explain in court what he originally told the police?

send it to your friends, ask if they hear 'PUNKS' send it to some, ask if they say coons... it seems that its really up in the air.
I am kinda in the air over this too, because I can hear it both ways...but in all honesty, it strengthens the case for vigilantism, regardless of either interpretation.

The mindset of aggressiveness and lack of caution are clearly established.

The element of racism is in question, but who can really blame the parents of a senselessly killed child to not think that?

They grew up with diminished rights because of their skin color, they feel their child was unfairly deemed suspicious and victim to an inappopriately excessive show of force, and an already suspect police department with people their age or older conducted a improperly biased investigation.

Some folks are just revealing themselves via the fly trap that is the discussion of racism.

smurfx

get some go again
heh i was reading the comments on the story and somebody called treyvon a drugged out maniac. looks like the smear job is already working. you would think treyvon dragged zimmerman out of his car and started beating him senseless but no that isn't what happened. treyvon instead ran away from who he thought might of been a threat and the threat chased him down. yeah that treyvon sure is a hardened criminal defending himself from a guy with a gun chasing him.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
My viewpoint of how Zimmerman is an unstable criminal - who's case gets potentially more difficult to convict when damaging news leaks about Trayvon's backround?

Why did you lie, BJB, my brother? Real talk. Can you tell us why you lied in that post?

bjb

Banned
Martin's background as a kid?

Just be straight up about what you're going for. No point patty caking around what you're trying to say.

I thought I did. Guessing it got overshadowed?

I mean - how dare someone have the audacity to post pictures of him and buddies talking about drugs and bus driver beatings. Then try to articulate that photos of that nature are only going to hurt his case moving forward for potential jurors.

But you know, GAF and its many e-detectives would just rather label you as a racist, bigot or Zimmerman sympathizer. It's quite amusing actually.

commedieu

Banned
I guess confirmation bias (am I using this term right?) could come into play, but I don't know man.

Yeah, I think thats the term.
I am kinda in the air over this too, because I can hear it both ways...but in all honesty, it strengthens the case for vigilantism, regardless of either interpretation.

The mindset of aggressiveness and lack of caution are clearly established.

The element of racism is in question, but who can really blame the parents of a senselessly killed child to not think that?

They grew up with diminished rights because of their skin color, they feel their child was unfairly deemed suspicious and victim to an inappopriately excessive show of force, and an already suspect police department with people their age or older conducted a improperly biased investigation.

Some folks are just revealing themselves via the fly trap that is the discussion of racism.

Its just arguing over minutiae and trying to hard to come up with speculative reasons, ignoring what we know, to clear Zimmermans actions. The whole thing makes me tired all over.

You're insisting that a teenager with slightly questionable decision making skills and no juvenile record is more damaging than a history of aggressive paranoia, domestic disputes, and a growing tendency towards vigilantism?

I don't plan on becoming a detective, but I'd say my perception of damaging is probably more logical than yours.

Mr. Patch

You're insisting that a teenager with slightly questionable decision making skills and no juvenile record is more damaging than a history of aggressive paranoia, domestic disputes, and a growing tendency towards vigilantism?

I don't plan on becoming a detective, but I'd say my perception of damaging is probably more logical than yours.

Well, it might be more damaging since Trayvon is black...

Most teenagers post about drugs and beating up bus drivers? Interesting.

How about their friends saying they knew he beat up Zimmerman - which is what eye witnesses are saying as well:

uaa4E.jpg

This has to be a joke.

I thought I did. Guessing it got overshadowed?

I mean - how dare someone have the audacity to post pictures of him and buddies talking about drugs and bus driver beatings. Then try to articulate that photos of that nature are only going to hurt his case moving forward for potential jurors.

But you know, GAF and its many e-detectives would just rather label you as a racist, bigot or Zimmerman sympathizer. It's quite amusing actually.

And honestly the lawyers would be idiots to even bring this up.

AiTM

Banned
This has to be a joke.

The Prosecution would like to call its next witness, Mr. Skee Dollas Nickuhs.

Also, is there any recent, as in late 2011 and forward, pictures of Trayvon? Everything I see seems to be 3 years or older.

Jangocube

Banned
Slang is the use of informal words and expressions that are not considered standard in the speaker's language or dialect but are considered more acceptable when used socially. Slang is often used as a euphemism and may use informal lexicon to identify with one's peers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slang

What his cousin or friend (if that's him) wrote on twitter a couple posts up isn't slang. That's another language entirely.

The Prosecution would like to call its next witness, Mr. Skee Dollas Nickuhs.

Also, is there any recent, as in late 2011 and forward, pictures of Trayvon? Everything I see seems to be 3 years or older.

All I see is that fake picture getting tossed around (a surprising amount of people thinks its him).

All I'm saying is that the impression of what could have gone down that night are much different when viewed from the perspective of the victim being a 17-year old experimenting with drugs and the picture of a 14 year-old kid in ski goggles picking up Skittles and tea. The latter is much more likely to stoke racial tensions and is what is being played up.
Maybe they are stoking racial tensions by openly questioning if racism was a reason why their son was aggressively pursued and senselessly shot to death, but it's not like parents provide shitty pictures of their deceased children to the media, much less have pictures of the stuff they tell their probably told their deceased children not to do.

bjb

Banned

Actually they wouldn't. Sure it will likely get thrown out in court, but a smear campaign (and news leaks) are used for public perception and potential jurors.

Painting him as a drug using ( maybe dealing) kid who was suspended from school for said drugs only aides Zimmerman's fleeting support.

I can't stop thinking about how BJB lied in that post. Wow.

I figured you spent most of your time fixated on shutting down sports threads. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom