• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu: 62135 X360s are sold in the first 2 days (hardware & software sales numbers)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
An increase from Bloomberg's numbers, but still ain't much.

Ridge Racer 6 - 29891

470k to go!!

WindyMan

neo2046 said:
Total soft/hard = 0.91

I don't see people getting the hardware now and sitting on it just for DOA4. That's the only reason why people would have gotten the system and no games.

jman2050

Seems consistent with the Famitsu inflation we're used to.

Just for the record, Media-Create is considered much more accurate than Famitsu. I believe the Japan sales thread ohas more on that very subject.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
WindyMan said:
I don't see people getting the hardware now and sitting on it just for DOA4. That's the only reason why people would have gotten the system and no games.

The Japanese are content with their free demos.

Interesting that there is that much of a deviation. Especially, since MC goes as far as to project that 28% of the initial shipment sold based on their numbers (as retailers also report initial stocks). So, if the 41k is wrong, wouldn't that mean that they shipped ~more than 150k to Japan?

In any case, clearly a better number, but still abysmal in the face of their previous launch and what must have been raised expectations by Japanese publishers.

However, I will still hold out hope that not having DOA really caused a lot of folks to wait and that we'll see launch part 2 in a couple of weeks.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
May I remind people of the ToS ("Terms of Service") of the Gaming-Age Forum...

II. Expected Behavior

D. Copyrighted Material

The posting of full transcriptions of articles and whole or partially-scanned images is not allowed. Users in breach of this rule are subject to banning, although a verbal warning may be administered for a first offense. The posting of review scores (without text), news summaries, rumors, and review paraphrasing is acceptable, as long as credit is given to the original source.

E. Media-Create

Media-Create is the official sales-tracking service of the Gaming-Age Forums for the Japanese market . All other sales-tracking services are not to be taken seriously.

F. Emulation/Piracy

The topics of emulation and piracy, including the technical nature of emulators and ROM images, hardware modification technology, as well as their effect on the industry as a political topic are deemed to be generally acceptable.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software will all result in the banning of the user in question.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
bought for the FFXI demo? not sure - but Mrs C bought hers early on saturday and it still hasn't made it out of the box yet.

"um... you going to play on this?"
"*shrug* probably not for a while, no..."
"???"

GhaleonEB said:
You're Drinky Crow, aren't you?

When Drinky resigned as a mod/admin, there was a thread in OT where he challenged people to guess his two other personas on the boards. I believe Gahiggidy was one of them.

GhaleonEB

FallenOne666 said:
When Drinky resigned as a mod/admin, there was a thread in OT where he challenged people to guess his two other personas on the boards. I believe Gahiggidy was one of them.

In the last GAF Confessions thread he admitted one of his other accounts was " a known Nintendo fanboy", which sealed it for me.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
FallenOne666 said:

What? So which persona is the real one?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
uh... Gah? Drinky? you guys are so not.. oh well never mind

GDGF

Soothsayer
GhaleonEB said:
In the last GAF Confessions thread he admitted one of his other accounts was " a known Nintendo fanboy", which sealed it for me.

I kinda had a theory that Gahiggidy was a real Nintendo fanboy poster some years ago that later lost interest in the GAF or was banned, and Drinky took over his account. I don't know. Who doesn't dig a good mystery?

littlewig

Banned
So, are the Xbots now going to use Famistu numbers for everything, or just when it benefits them?

The only good thing about Famistu numbers are their monthly sales and LTD sales.

They release more information than MC's top 20 a week.

Blackace

littlewig said:
So, are the Xbots now going to use Famistu numbers for everything, or just when it benefits them?

The only good thing about Famistu numbers are their monthly sales and LTD sales.

They release more information than MC's top 20 a week.

are you on a team??

polg

Blackace said:
which is?
h-103_27282_iwatads.jpg.jpg

damisa

neo2046 said:
suddenly the hardware sale is boosted 50% more :D

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2005/12/12/103,1134395397,46690,0,0.html
Xbox 360 hardware & Software sales number in the first 2 days (Famitsu)

hardware
X360 - 62135

Software
Ridge Racer 6 - 29891
Perfect Dark Zero - 14897
Need for the Speed - 6842

Total soft/hard = 0.91

These numbers make more sense then the other thread since:
29891+14897+6842 = 51,630 software units

there are also a couple other games uncounted.

51630/41817= 1.23

and

51630/62135= 0.83

with the other games, the total might indeed be 0.91

damisa said:

51630/41817= 1.23

and

51630/62135= 0.83

You are assuming that the software numbers are right. They very well could be inflated also. That said, I think the truth lies somewhere in between.

damisa said:

51630/41817= 1.23

and

51630/62135= 0.83

Uhhh,

There's a pretty serious error in your logic. Famitsu's SW numbers will, by definition, fit Famitsu's HW numbers. I'd assume that Media Create will also have lower software numbers.

Blackace

littlewig said:
Depends which market

Handheld:
satoru_iwata.jpg

Console:
0,1020,470728,00.jpg

hahah wow... I never can understand why some people care so much about "their" companies... Myself, I just like good games...

polg

Blackace said:
Myself, I just like good games...

then you are in the wrong forum!

What is unsual to GAF, compared to other forums, is the level of emotion in discussions of business topics. While there are other gaming forums (such as the IGN, GameSpot, or 1UP forums) where the relative merits of games are hotly debated, and a number of other forums (such as QuarterToFour) where business topics are discussed, GAF has emotional discussion of, for example, the latest sales numbers out of Japan.

Blackace

polg said:
then you are in the wrong forum!

uhhh.. been here for a while pal.. but thanks for playing..

I know what goes on here. Just don't understand why it goes on.. why deny that the Xbox has some good games? Why deny that the GC has some good games... and so on and so on..

It all comes to taste. If more western style RPGs came out from Sony's end I'd never would have bought the Xbox..

GhaleonEB

Blackace said:
uhhh.. been here for a while pal.. but thanks for playing..

I know what goes on here. Just don't understand why it goes on.. why deny that the Xbox has some good games? Why deny that the GC has some good games... and so on and so on..

It all comes to taste. If more western style RPGs came out from Sony's end I'd never would have bought the Xbox..

Some people become emotionally invested in products they buy. Others pick teams (much like sports) and trash talk the "opponents" and build up their "players". Different strokes for different folks.

PhatSaqs

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Some people become emotionally invested in products they buy. Others pick teams (much like sports) and trash talk the "opponents" and build up their "players". Different strokes for different folks.
There it is.

littlewig

Banned
I still need the new Krazy Ken Kutaragi trading card.

If anyone has it, I'm willing to trade a laughing Iwata and a Kicking ass and taking name Reggie card for one.

Blackace

GhaleonEB said:

Heard it all before. I can kind of understand that logic, being a sports fan. And Sport teams like console companies don't give a damn about what you or I think.. But Sport has a place where you can watch and judge things. Consoles just has sales figures... And no one can admit if their "team" is lame.. When I was young and had to watch the Hawks.. I knew they were lame and when they beat a good team it was fun to gloat.

littlewig

Banned
Blackace said:
Heard it all before. I can kind of understand that logic, being a sports fan. And Sport teams like console companies don't give a damn about what you or I think.. But Sport has a place where you can watch and judge things. Consoles just has sales figures... And no one can admit if their "team" is lame.. When I was young and had to watch the Hawks.. I knew they were lame and when they beat a good team it was fun to gloat.

Sales comparison is only a part of the judgement, you also have the companies spokespersons. Nintendo has Iwata and Reggie, Microsoft has Jallard and Moore, and Sony has Ken. These guys supply endless quotes for each team to use.

Also, analyst and journalist provide more quotes to use in judging the companies. Interviews and sales make up a large part of the war.

Oh yea, we also have the games, but that's only if you are into that sort of thing...

Top Bottom