• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Sales [2/20-2/26] Ps5 #1 Hardware and Kirby's Dream Land Wii Deluxe takes top spot on the software charts

Gambit2483

super saiyan cosplay GIF by Hyper RPG

Is this part of Seppuku? 🤔

Brucey

I wouldn't be surprised to see PS5 selling 20M in FY22

Famitsu: 2023 PS5 vs 2002 PS2

Week 6

PS5 93,026
PS2 80,254

Week 7
PS5 93,574
PS2 68,660

Week 8
PS5 88,653
PS2 68,417

Week 9
PS5 91,729
PS2 60,241

Anyway, PS5 is on track to beat PS2 record in (Jan - Mar)

6.08 million

Speaking of PS2, on March 4, 2000, the PlayStation 2 went on sale in Japan, turns 23 year old today.

Famitsu 2000: PS2 Hardware
Launch 630,552
Week 2 154,245
Week 3 71,780
Week 4 112,620
Week 5 165,685
Week 6 119,430

Tot 1,254,312
fdm1Fkw.jpg

"Slowing down faster than anticipated" by whom?

What number of PS4 are you talking about when you say "Likelihood of PS5 reaching PS4 in the end is shrinking fast."

I like how you're pretending you can't understand basic words and don't know what "in the end" means. When you do.

It's going to be even more obvious what I'm saying next week, simply put people aren't paying attention and reading what they want. Percentage rate is down, units was never mentioned, but that's what everyone keeps spinning it back to.

Repeating, a drop in percentage for a lead is still a LEAD, but it's no.longer leading as much as it was. Logically if that continues then unit lead will also eventually become impacted.

But I'm sure someone will disregard everything I said and claim I'm talking about a shrink In units again.

Your last desperate lie making up what I clearly said ending with "PS5 doomed" may show you don't have the right mind for this simple conversation.

If you're gonna do mental gymnastics at least learn to tumble first SMH.

Yes, the cry of the unintelligent. Can't respond productively so lashes out in projection when it's clear they never understood what was being discussed.

You'll be ok man.

Last edited:

Unknown?

I wouldn't be surprised to see PS5 selling 20M in FY22

Famitsu: 2023 PS5 vs 2002 PS2

Week 6

PS5 93,026
PS2 80,254

Week 7
PS5 93,574
PS2 68,660

Week 8
PS5 88,653
PS2 68,417

Week 9
PS5 91,729
PS2 60,241

Anyway, PS5 is on track to beat PS2 record in (Jan - Mar)

6.08 million

Speaking of PS2, on March 4, 2000, the PlayStation 2 went on sale in Japan, turns 23 year old today.

Famitsu 2000: PS2 Hardware
Launch 630,552
Week 2 154,245
Week 3 71,780
Week 4 112,620
Week 5 165,685
Week 6 119,430

Tot 1,254,312
Man all of those screenshots of people lining up for blocks at launch, good times!

onQ123

I like how you're pretending you can't understand basic words and don't know what "in the end" means. When you do.

It's going to be even more obvious what I'm saying next week, simply put people aren't paying attention and reading what they want. Percentage rate is down, units was never mentioned, but that's what everyone keeps spinning it back to.

Repeating, a drop in percentage for a lead is still a LEAD, but it's no.longer leading as much as it was. Logically if that continues then unit lead will also eventually become impacted.

But I'm sure someone will disregard everything I said and claim I'm talking about a shrink In units again.

Your last desperate lie making up what I clearly said ending with "PS5 doomed" may show you don't have the right mind for this simple conversation.

Yes, the cry of the unintelligent. Can't respond productively so lashes out in projection when it's clear they never understood what was being discussed.

You'll be ok man.
You haven't made any sense from the moment you posted in this thread

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

You'll be ok man.
I hope so, because I agree with everyone else....your posts dont make sense. Especially when the PS5 finally has better stock vs 2021 and the first half of 2022.

So...stay tuned I guess.

Also, this:
"Ignorant" is stating a fact?

"Slowing down faster than anticipated" by whom?

What number of PS4 are you talking about when you say "Likelihood of PS5 reaching PS4 in the end is shrinking fast."

Ppl have to understand when you use certain words, it will dictate how the conversation goes.

We go from PS5 being scalped to hell n back in Japan...... to this? To me...at this point any gains the PS5 sees in Japan is a positive.

lachesis

Great stride for Sony. Nintendo will have to come up with something to assure its dominance sooner than later.

Tsaki

Great stride for Sony. Nintendo will have to come up with something to assure its dominance sooner than later.
Meh, Nintendo has Japan locked in. They can have declining HW sales for the whole year and it won't be that big of a deal. Most people that wanted a Switch already got one, nevermind those that got multiples of them with the different models. And most of the money comes from SW and Nintendo 1st party is on another level sales wise.

lachesis

Meh, Nintendo has Japan locked in. They can have declining HW sales for the whole year and it won't be that big of a deal. Most people that wanted a Switch already got one, nevermind those that got multiples of them with the different models. And most of the money comes from SW and Nintendo 1st party is on another level sales wise.
True. Issue for them would be the keep the "freshness" going for their audience - and a new hardware usually helps the renewed interest in their games and all. Globally it's certainly time for them to reveal the next gen.

My prediction is that they'll reveal next gen machine later this year (as early as May-July, but more likely September-November) - with March-May 2024 release. Honestly, as a H/W enthusiast, I am very much looking forward what they'll offer.

Tsaki

True. Issue for them would be the keep the "freshness" going for their audience - and a new hardware usually helps the renewed interest in their games and all. Globally it's certainly time for them to reveal the next gen.

My prediction is that they'll reveal next gen machine later this year (as early as May-July, but more likely September-November) - with March-May 2024 release. Honestly, as a H/W enthusiast, I am very much looking forward what they'll offer.
March-May 2024 seems to be the safe bet, I agree. Don't know if you have this information, but on the run-up to the Switch reveal, how much sooner were there credible leaks for the hardware? (credible as in they were spot on after the Switch reveal/launch)

lachesis

March-May 2024 seems to be the safe bet, I agree. Don't know if you have this information, but on the run-up to the Switch reveal, how much sooner were there credible leaks for the hardware? (credible as in they were spot on after the Switch reveal/launch)
That I have no idea. I'm just as speculating as following Nintendo's previous h/w release patterns and time period, and I don't quite recall regarding the whole spec leaks. I tend to ignore those, especially for Nintendo hardware - as like we have all been before, been fooled by many. (Switch OLED... )

Switch was revealed in October of 2016, and released in March 2017.
3DS was revealed March of 2010, and released March of 2011. I think its early announcement was to combat the gaining popularity of PSP, which actually surpassed DS sales in 2010, IIRC - and looming announcement of Vita.

Since Nintendo now doesn't really have a direct competition like PSP/Vita (asides mobile or more niche products like Steamdeck type products) - so they can hold their cards closer to the release date... and that's why I think more of half a year term. Wii U only had like 2-3 months though... but I think that probably was pretty difficult for them to procure the supply chain and all, and it would especially be true at this high-inflated economy (as by default, they don't take losses on hardware, and that probably includes logistics) - so good 6-9 month window is more reasonable.

You haven't made any sense from the moment you posted in this thread

Not my fault you didn't read before responding.

Not my fault you don't know the difference between units sold and a percentage decline in growth (which still means PS5 is leading btw, just not as much. Simple stuff.)

Is someone able to dig up the sales of the original Wii Kirby game? Would be curious to see how the sales compare, launch-aligned. This version has a lot of new content, but Switch has a much higher install base in Japan than Wii ever did, and Switch games are a lot more expensive than Wii games were.

Top Bottom