• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Father who repeatedly raped his 12-year old daughter gets 60-day sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything wrong with him trying to rehabilitate him instead of leaving him to rot in jail for 10 years or more, but 60 days also doesn't seem anywhere near enough time to do that.

Linkark07

Banned
What the hell? Not even the father spends the rest of his lifetime behind bars, the mother and grandmother of the little girl defend that piece of shit? Poor girl, her family is awful.

Those parents should lose custody immediately. This shit makes my blood boil.

It's really just too terrible to think about. This girl, after being abused for probably her entire life, is now sent back to her abuser as if that is the normal thing, as if that is the socially sanctioned thing. It's beyond imagining. Can anything happen to overturn this judge's ruling? My God, this is just terrible.

Do you think the judge made his decision entirely for the one or two reasons listed in the article or do you believe that he would weigh up all the evidence presented before him when deciding on a sentence? Newspapers do not care to report the many, many details of an individual case, especially if it detracts from their opportunity to generate hysteria.

Yes, I did read it. What exact parts of the article do you think contradict my point, bearing in mind the rest of this post?

The "one or two reasons listed in the article" come directly from the judge. It was his own reasons given for the sentence, so yes I do. Also I fail the see why the evidence would matter. Evidence is used primarily to determine whether one is guilty or not (which the judge already found guilty). It shouldn't have relevance on sentencing. Also what evidence could possibly reduce a 25 year sentence to a 60 day one? The mother literally witness the father raping her daughter and the father admitted guilt.

Media

It sure sounds pretty terrible, but given that no one was actually in the court room to hear the evidence and know why the judge decided to hand down this sentence, it seems ill advised to get whipped up into a frenzy as this article obviously intends.

Without knowing anything about the judge, I'm going to begin with the assumption that he isn't some incompetent. Maybe this sentence really is the best option for those involved and for the rehabilitation of the criminal. I suppose it won't satisfy the bloodlust of a bunch of strangers though.

Not that that necessarily means that the judge is not incompetent and wrong, but absent additional information we should not jump to that conclusion.

He raped his daughter a daughter a bunch, got a slap on the wrist, and seems to be defended by the girls mother and therefore she will continue to have contact with him.

But no, we should be empathizing with the poor rapist her, not the kid who will likely continue to be traumatized by him.

jett

D-Member
This judge is a piece of shit, and that family is filled with nutjobs. Take those kids away, somebody, please.

sohois

I think he was paid off or just doesn't give a shit. The details seem pretty clear to me.

Do you actually think it's OK that this girl is now going to live in fear?

Paid off? that seems quite a leap without any corroborating evidence.

It's far more plausible that he does not give a shit, but I'm not sure why that would lead him to give a very lenient sentence instead of just going along with the prosecutor's recommendation.

As for your second question, I don't know. The girl is not provided with any area to express her own opinion so I would not go and assume how she feels.

Beefy

It sure sounds pretty terrible, but given that no one was actually in the court room to hear the evidence and know why the judge decided to hand down this sentence, it seems ill advised to get whipped up into a frenzy as this article obviously intends.

Without knowing anything about the judge, I'm going to begin with the assumption that he isn't some incompetent. Maybe this sentence really is the best option for those involved and for the rehabilitation of the criminal. I suppose it won't satisfy the bloodlust of a bunch of strangers though.

Not that that necessarily means that the judge is not incompetent and wrong, but absent additional information we should not jump to that conclusion.

He raped and sexual abused his daughter.... HE RAPED AND SEXUALLY ABUSED HIS DAUGHTER...

Jay Sosa

Wait, what? 60 DAYS? I read that as 60 years first and thought to myself that this would be more than justified.

This world never ceases to disgust me.

Eh eventually you get to the point were you expect stories like this. We are a horrible, horrible species.

It's far more plausible that he does not give a shit, but I'm not sure why that would lead him to give a very lenient sentence instead of just going along with the prosecutor's recommendation.

As for your second question, I don't know. The girl is not provided with any area to express her own opinion so I would not go and assume how she feels.

True..she probably asked for it..

orochi91

The article doesn't discuss what the father's psychological condition is.

If it's so severe that he's repeatedly raping his child, should he be committed to a mental health institution?

And what of the child? Will she be forced to live with her rapist until she's old enough to move out?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

JFC, she was repeatedly raped by her father, and her family seemingly gives no shit about her. Just stop.

HE WASN'T FUCKING INNOCENT!

sohois

The "one or two reasons listed in the article" come directly from the judge. It was his own reasons given for the sentence, so yes I do. Also I fail the see why the evidence would matter. Evidence is used primarily to determine whether one is guilty or not (which the judge already found guilty). It shouldn't have relevance on sentencing. Also what evidence could possibly reduce a 25 year sentence to a 60 day one? The mother literally witness the father raping her daughter and the father admitted guilt.

Actually, I believe evidence of a crime is used all the time in sentencing. If a murder is premeditated, then a sentence would be increased. If a person was manipulated into a crime, then a sentence may be decreased. If a person expressed remorse afterwards, then the sentence may be decreased. If a victim or a victim's family member expresses forgiveness towards the accused, then the sentence may be decreased.

Now obviously some version of the latter has come into play here. Was it the right decision to use that evidence? I don't know, but I also don't know if it was the wrong decision.

He raped his daughter a daughter a bunch, got a slap on the wrist, and seems to be defended by the girls mother and therefore she will continue to have contact with him.

But no, we should be empathizing with the poor rapist her, not the kid who will likely continue to be traumatized by him.

I'm not sure why explaining that the judgment of the court may have reasonable justification beyond what has been stated means emphasizing with the criminal.

HE WASN'T FUCKING INNOCENT!

No he wasn't. He was given a sentence by the judge. The argument of the petition is that sentence was too lenient. But without being in the court it is not possible to make an accurate judgment as to whether this is the case or not.

Media

Hi there, I'm a rape victim, I can fucking assume how she feels.

She's going to live in terror that her rapist is still a huge part of her life. Since it's apparent the man is a pedophile, it's likely he'd going to rape her again, only this time, she will keep her mouth shut cause mommy and grandma love daddy more than they love her. I wouldn't be surprised if this completely ruins her life. She is going to feel worthless because her pain is apparently worth nothing.

But oh, the poor rapist! We shouldn't be sad about this case, after all, history has shown that most rapists only get slaps on the wrist! The judge knew all, who are we can question?

Are you like, the judge or the father or know them personally or something?

jph139

I don't see anything wrong with him trying to rehabilitate him instead of leaving him to rot in jail for 10 years or more, but 60 days also doesn't seem anywhere near enough time to do that.

Yeah, I think "the fucker should be lynched" is a BIT of an overreaction but I can't imagine this doing any real good for the victim OR the rapist.

Actually, I believe evidence of a crime is used all the time in sentencing. If a murder is premeditated, then a sentence would be increased. If a person was manipulated into a crime, then a sentence may be decreased. If a person expressed remorse afterwards, then the sentence may be decreased. If a victim or a victim's family member expresses forgiveness towards the accused, then the sentence may be decreased.

Now obviously some version of the latter has come into play here. Was it the right decision to use that evidence? I don't know, but I also don't know if it was the wrong decision.

I'm not sure why explaining that the judgment of the court may have reasonable justification beyond what has been stated means emphasizing with the criminal.

Keep digging. There's absolutely no justification of a sentence like this.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.

No he wasn't. He was given a sentence by the judge. The argument of the petition is that sentence was too lenient. But without being in the court it is not possible to make an accurate judgment as to whether this is the case or not.

Please just stop.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yes, I did read it. What exact parts of the article do you think contradict my point, bearing in mind the rest of this post?

So you don't mind a judge dropping a 25 year sentence down to 60 days and forcing his daughter, who he raped several times and was found guilty for it, to continue living with him and a family who doesn't seem to give a shit about her well being as long as they can stay together? Sorry man but you're reaching like crazy to make some kind of point about how we should think more about a serial rapist than the daughter he abused.

She's going to live in terror that her rapist is still a huge part of her life. Since it's apparent the man is a pedophile, it's likely he'd going to rape her again, only this time, she will keep her mouth shut cause mommy and grandma love daddy more than they love her. I wouldn't be surprised if this completely ruins her life.

But oh, the poor rapist! We shouldn't be sad about this case, after all, history has shown that most rapists only get slaps on the wrist! The judge knew all, who are we can question?

Oh no, he won't get it. LAW AND ORDER is obviously above the PERMANENT DESTRUCTIVE MENTAL HEALTH issues this girl will have for the rest of her life since her family could give 2 shits about her and she is forced to live under the same roof as him... But the judge... They know what they are doing... So obviously there is something more to this than just obvious fucking sexual assault and rape that he WAS guilty of.

Beefy

She's going to live in terror that her rapist is still a huge part of her life. Since it's apparent the man is a pedophile, it's likely he'd going to rape her again, only this time, she will keep her mouth shut cause mommy and grandma love daddy more than they love her. I wouldn't be surprised if this completely ruins her life.

Yep. I was raped and abused by my grandad at a young age, which carried on for years. I was too scared to tell anyone what was going on until I was around 15.

So I was around my abuser a hell of alot, hiding the shit he had done to me time after time. I hated myself for not having the guts to stick up for myself or tell any one. So I use to make excuses up so I didn't have to go.

If my family had known about it and just played it of I would have killed myself rather then suffer more abuse. This whole story is fucked up and the judged needs to be sacked.

I don't suppose its too much to ask to lock this thread

I was having a really nice morning enjoying my coffee till I saw this in OT

sohois

She's going to live in terror that her rapist is still a huge part of her life. Since it's apparent the man is a pedophile, it's likely he'd going to rape her again, only this time, she will keep her mouth shut cause mommy and grandma love daddy more than they love her. I wouldn't be surprised if this completely ruins her life. She is going to feel worthless because her pain is apparently worth nothing.

Are you like, thr judge or the father or know them personally or something?

But the judge can't go ahead and assume that without some kind of evidence - and that doesn't mean the girl would have to testify, the prosecution could use expert witnesses such as a child psychologist to make this point. If they didn't then that's the fault of the prosecution for not making their case well enough.

Keep digging. There's absolutely no justification of a sentence like this.

Perhaps not. But clearly the judge thinks that there is. He appears to be very experienced. If you place any weight upon the expertise of judges then this fact must necessarily increase your confidence in the rightness of this judgment.

I don't need any additional information. He raped his 12 year old daughter multiple times. That is a fact. He got a slap on the wrist, and that is a bunch of bullshit.

Edit: Looking are your other posts...

What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you playing devil's advocate? Why are you defending this?

Symphonia

Banned
Are you seriously actively defending a child rapist?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
But the judge can't go ahead and assume that without some kind of evidence - and that doesn't mean the girl would have to testify, the prosecution could use expert witnesses such as a child psychologist to make this point. If they didn't then that's the fault of the prosecution for not making their case well enough.

Perhaps not. But clearly the judge thinks that there is. He appears to be very experienced. If you place any weight upon the expertise of judges then this fact must necessarily increase your confidence in the rightness of this judgment.

Judges are human buddy, they can fuck and be shitty people just like the rest of us. They are by no means infallible because of their office and can be scrutinized like the rest of humanity. This judges decision is fucking terrible and could most likely continue to destroy the life of an innocent but you just keep talking past that about respecting judges and whatever you're on about.

No, because judges are human, they are not infallible. Judges make horrible decisions all the time. Hell it's why we even have an appeals systems, because we know that judicial decisions can be wrong. So no, unlike you i'm not going to put blanket trust in this man just because he's "experienced".

Media

Yes the judge can fucking assume that repeated rape will have traumatized a little girl. There's billions of cases for example. Do you think rape is no big deal or something?

He appears to be very experienced.

What evidence are you basing this on? Nothing in the article says he has a long history of dealing with rape cases, just that he has a long history.

If he went 22 years without dealing with a case like this, then his 22 years doesn't mean much.

Yep. I was raped and abused by my grandad at a young age, which carried on for yeses. I was too scared to tell anyone what was going on until I was around 15.

So I was around my abuser a hell of alot, hiding the shit he had done to me time after time. I hated myself for not having the guts to stick up for myself or tell any one. So I use to make excuses up so I didn't have to go.

If my family had known about it and just played it of I would have killed myself rsther then suffer more abuse. This whole story is fucked up and the judged needs to be sacked.
Jesus Christ. You can't trust anyone.

The Kree

Banned

Are you having fun turning the entire forum against you? Nobody pays attention to you in real life?

You're saying this as if Judges can't be wrong or biased. I'm guessing a judge saying that a terrorist evisecertating an entire population of people is not that big of a criminal offense to keep in jail but better to rehabilitate is something that's completely right as well....because that's what the judge says.

The judge is the only word that matters. Not what happened, not what the LAW actually dictates in any situations... Nothing... The judge, your honor is always right... Because that's what you are trying to justify here by trying to sound smarter than the situation because you don't want to come off emotional about what seems to you like a pretty justifiable case, if THAT'S what the judge says.... 🚮

Beefy

You need to stop. Judges are human and humans aren't always right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom