• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatman is one of the most underrated bosses.

While MGS2 did feel rushed in the game's back third (everything after the Harrier fight), I don't think the Fatman battle got affected by that in any way. It's awesome.

Dremark

Banned
It was a good battle, even if he wasn't that great of a villain. I think it seemed especially good considering most of MGS2's bossfights were so weak.

Fatman was the only boss I liked in MGS2. I wasn't a big fan of the others.

Weakest bosses in the series, in my opinion.

I don't understand this opinion at all. The Boss fights in MGS2 were great, especially the Metal Gear Rays and Solidus. The only one I though was even remotely weak was Fortune.

I really liked Fatman, and his boss fight was fun. Vamp was the weak link from Dead Cell for me in all honesty; it's not that I didn't like him, it's just that if I'm remembering correctly he gets a much bigger focus than the rest of the members.

He was fun as hell to play as on MGO though.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Didn't really do anything for me, probably the least memorable boss in the game. There may be an even less memorable boss but I obviously wouldn't remember.

Durden77

Fatman is litteraly the boss that sold me on Metal Gear. I'll never forget it. Went over to my buddy's house, I didn't have a PS2 at the time, and he was talkin all this amazing shit about Metal Gear Solid 2. I didn't own a PS1 until very late in it's life cycle, so I missed the initial MG train.

I came over and he was playing it, and while I thought it looked really cool, it also just kind of looked like him running around and defusing bombs. Then he got to Fatman.

It was unlike anything I'd ever seen. I character that, to me, was just being introduced, and I already felt like I knew so much about him by the time the fight started. And the fight was nothing like I'd ever seen before. Going around and defusing bombs, while he fucking roller skates around in a blast suit? Usually while you're just peeking from under a crate? What the fuck is going on here. Also this introduced me to the kill/no kill methods as my friend was attempting to put a boss to sleep instead of killing him to get a slightly different outcome. I say again, what the fuck is going on here? You have my interest.

And then the end. Holy shit. One last one. So close. We looked and looked, and when he pretty much accidentally moved that body, my brain fucking exploded. I knew that combined with the stuff I'd seen earlier, this game was something I had never quite seen before.

I now have a shoulder sleeve of the MGS2 box art on my left arm. So yeah, Fatman was fuckin something. Laugh and grow fat.

funkypie

Banned
I used to quote fatman to my friend who put on weight.

I would raise a beer and say laugh and grow fat, nobody would know what I was talking about.

Top Bottom