• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite "bad" game?

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
yMHeVcx.jpg

BlackTron

Dude yes. One of my very first PC games. It was OK! I haven't played it in ETERNITY but recently I remembered it was pretty good for being an old janky ass game and regretted losing it.

But my favorite "bad game" will always be Sonic Adventure lol.

Drizzlehell

Banned
It's very divisive so I don't like the idea of encouraging people to waste money. Maybe check it out on sale for sure.

For me it's one of my favorite action games of all time. For others, it's one of the worst games ever made apparently.
Okay, so maybe let me ask - how does it compare to Evil West (assuming that you've played it)? EW was also a throwback to 7th gen era of action games with a combat consisting of mixture of third person shooting and combo based melee fighting, with rather steep difficulty spikes and genreral mid-shelf production values. If Wanted: Dead is anything like Evil West (at least in principle) then I think I would have a good time.

Fbh

I like Lair.

2007112202815_1.jpg

Once they patched in regular analog stick controls the gameplay wasn't that bad, it has some decent mission variety, the story is surprisingly solid and the music is amazing.
I also always liked the art direction and some of the ideas were neat even if their execution was really flawed (like being able to land and attack ground units)

lair_swipe.gif

I always liked the look of the armor too:
lair_art_2.jpg

Wildebeest

Looking at my library, my top-rated games with "critic scores" of 70% or less are Planescape: Torment, Mount & Blade: Warband, Nier Gestalt, Pathfinder Kingmaker, and Majesty Gold. All of those are stone-cold classics. Critics are idiots.

Last edited:
Reactions: WoJ

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Socom is a franchise Sony misses, gamers appreciated a third person multiplayer shooter alongside COD.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Okay, so maybe let me ask - how does it compare to Evil West (assuming that you've played it)? EW was also a throwback to 7th gen era of action games with a combat consisting of mixture of third person shooting and combo based melee fighting, with rather steep difficulty spikes and genreral mid-shelf production values. If Wanted: Dead is anything like Evil West (at least in principle) then I think I would have a good time.
Haven't gotten to Evil West yet but its on my short list to buy!

emivita

2040.jpg

I don't care what everybody says, but I loved this game on PS3, otherwise I wouldn't have finished it twice, platted and completed the DLC too. So many laughs and funny moments I've never had in any other game (those "rage attacks" omg), best game in existence to play while drunk and with buddies in the same room.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Deadly Premonition. Pure greatness.

I tried really hard to get through it. But that game is so damn ugly and janky.

If remade by a competent team, I'd definitely try and get through it.

Wanted: Dead

Beat it 6x already since February, and itching to play it again every day.

HMmwEil.gif

HMmwmgI.gif

HMpwF2I.gif

Pretty much no game mixes TPS and third person swordplay action. And no DMC doesn't count, since the guns are pretty much useless and you can only auto-aim.

Game looks great.

Last edited:

Vlodril

Alpha protocol. Gameplay wise it is broken but it is very charming and the branching is insane. Great vo too.

WoJ

Terminator: Resistance has some pretty dire reviews but I absolutely loved it 🤷🏽‍♂️

I played this in one day last year. There is a ton of criticism to be levied at this game, but as just a mindless shooter to blow through I had fun with it.

Someone else mentioned Callisto Protocol which I'd also agree with.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Looks like the gog database uses igdb which only has one review, Eurogamer.
I looked it up out of curiosity and it's such a joke. The guy complains about some bug that I never even saw and was likely patched out a billion years ago, and then his big beef with the game is that it doesn't have a multiplayer mode...? Like... what? Why the fuck would anyone want a multiplayer mode in a game that's renowned for its single player story driven experience?

Literal clown shoes.

Reactions: Fuz

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Seaman and Extreme G on N64 (Which weren't bad) but that's all I can think of atm

Last edited:

HBx2000

Enemy Front, completed it multiple times. Reminded me a lot of the first Call of Duty and Medal of Honor titles for PC.

Last edited:
Clock Tower on PSX (aka "Clock Tower 2" in Japan)

ps1_clock_tower-120314.jpg

37505_jp_1-Clock-Tower-2.jpg

Being a big fan of the original Clock Tower (The First Fear) on Super Famicom/SNES, I thought this was a great sequel storywise. I also love the soundtrack.

Sure the graphics are very dated and the gameplay is pretty clunky, but I find console point-and-click games to be charming, as they remind me of the Sierra PC adventure games from the 1990s.

I'm also a big fan of Clock Tower 3, but that can get its own post/thread. The one CT game I despise is "Clock Tower 2: The Struggle Within" (aka "Clock Tower: Ghost Head" in Japan).

Hoppa

Dynasty Warriors - any/all of them (except 9). I find the gameplay satisfying in the same way people like those cleaning/organisation games and I find them relaxing

Wildebeest

I looked it up out of curiosity and it's such a joke. The guy complains about some bug that I never even saw and was likely patched out a billion years ago, and then his big beef with the game is that it doesn't have a multiplayer mode...? Like... what? Why the fuck would anyone want a multiplayer mode in a game that's renowned for its single player story driven experience?

Literal clown shoes.
I remember that back in the day, some anonymous Edge writer was always commenting in articles about how it was a failure because there was too much reading to do in it.

Top Bottom