• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favourite Episodes of 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

Given with suffering from severe depression, I needed something to uplift my spirits. So I've decided to re-watch all six seasons of 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' on Netflix. For you guys, what are your favourite episodes?

Speaking personally, these are my personal favourites:

Bullets Over Bel-Air

One of the few episodes that was more of a depressing drama than comedy (and one that had a heavy-handed message), Uncle Phil & co. are preparing for a camping trip, but Will needed to go to a ATM to give Carlton some money, after accidentally breaking one of his lamps. After exchanging their usual good-natured quips, both are held at gunpoint from an off-camera crook. When Carlton flubs about giving the gunman money, he shoots him, but Will manages to push Carlton aside and takes the bullet. The bullet barely grazes Will's spine and Carlton was traumatized from the incident. This was the first episode that I was introduced to as a kid, and it had stuck with me since.

Will Goes A-Courtin'

Will & Carlton decide to have a pool party, in order to get back at Uncle Phil for not giving the boys an air-conditioning unit. Furious with them going against his wishes, he decides to teach them a lesson by half-jokingly taking them to court. Thinking that they wouldn't show, he's dumbfounded when Will & Carlton are fully prepared to take Uncle Phil head-on, with the two attorneys retelling their sides of the story being grossly exaggerated. (Uncle Phil is described as a foul mouthed tyrant & Will/Carlton were trying to host a peaceful get-together with their friends, while in Uncle Phil's side of the story, he portrays himself as a soft-hearted victim that is easy to take advantage of, while Will & Carlton are loud mouthed and abusive to their uncle.) I have always considered this to be the funniest episode in the series, and it's one that I recommend to those who want to watch this sitcom.

Blood Is Thicker Than Mud

Carlton remains indecisive for which fraternity he wants to join. When he & Will decide to rush one of the few Black fraternities, both are put to the test to see if they are worthy to join. However, the president of the fraternity had manipulated the test for Carlton to work harder, as he feels that Carlton is a "sellout" to his people & wanted to prove a point that not everyone is as fortunate as him. After telling off the jerk, he & Will leave the fraternity house and explain to the family what happened. I think Uncle Phil's quote at the end really sends the message home.

Mistaken Identity

Uncle Phil & Aunt Vivian head to Palm Springs (via helicopter) for a get-together with Mr. Furth & his friends, with Carlton promising him that he can drive his Mercedes there for him. Will decides to hitch a ride with Carlton, & while trying to find the way, Carlton attracts the police for slowing down to 2 MPH. After being pulled over & arrested for "stealing" the car, they pull all the stops to get help, with Will getting his uncle's attention by telling a phony confession on national television.

rude

Banned
Fresh Prince was kind of lame w/those "very special episodes" but my fave is still when Will's dad came back. I shed a tear even though I have a dad.

MIMIC

Banned
ALL OF THEM.

And just in case any of the fans didn't know, episodes have been airing recently on Nick-At-Nite, BET, and MTV.

Honestly?

'WHY DONT HE LOVE ME?' or some such. Will went off on Phillips fpr not being his father, and Phil manned up and admitted it. So powerful.

wat

Hard to choose. But I know my favorite scene

tumblr_mf6ua24pRf1r1mtsdo4_r1_250.gif

SegaShack

Was going to say it was the one with Will's dad. Uncle Phil telling him off and than Will's conversation at the end with Phil. Very touching and very sincere.

Gaf has great taste though cause everyone beat me to it.

malfcn

The "He don't want me" scene feels so real. It's one of those moments where nothing felt acted out. (Except for maybe the hat toss).

MIMIC

Banned
Not to be rude or anything, but does anyone have a favorite episode (or episodes) OTHER than the deadbeat dad episode? :)

Will Goes A-Courtin'

Will & Carlton decide to have a pool party, in order to get back at Uncle Phil for not giving the boys an air-conditioning unit. Furious with them going against his wishes, he decides to teach them a lesson by half-jokingly taking them to court. Thinking that they wouldn't show, he's dumbfounded when Will & Carlton are fully prepared to take Uncle Phil head-on, with the two attorneys retelling their sides of the story being grossly exaggerated. (Uncle Phil is described as a foul mouthed tyrant & Will/Carlton were trying to host a peaceful get-together with their friends, while in Uncle Phil's side of the story, he portrays himself as a soft-hearted victim that is easy to take advantage of, while Will & Carlton are loud mouthed and abusive to their uncle.) I have always considered this to be the funniest episode in the series, and it's one that I recommend to those who want to watch this sitcom.

Uncle Phil's version and Will's version of events kills me

Uncle Phil: "Hit the bricks you little tramp!" LMAO

Blues1990

The Butler Did It
tumblr_lsmwi9FZXI1qcqqpjo2_250.gif

Director: "What do you two think you're doing?"
Will: "I was trying to get up to my room. Hey, Ty, what was you doing?"
Ty: "I was trying to be in the video."

Uncle Phil's version and Will's version of events kills me.

Uncle Phil: "Hit the bricks you little tramp!" LMAO

I love the not-to-subtle fat jokes in Will's side of the story, such as the glass of water shaking and Uncle Phil's shadow casting over Will & Carlton.

Uncle Phil: "Five minutes!"
Will: "FOUR!"
Uncle Phil: "Alright, Will. If that's the way you want it..." *Laughs Maniacally*
Will: "And then he slapped me with a subpoena."

HiiiLife

Just bought all 6 seasons off Amazon during Black Friday. And I have to say rewatching the episode with Hilary dropping out of a college still kills me.

That's awful, is he making you clean his room?

Will you clean miiiiiiiiiiine?

Most episodes in the first three seasons are my favorite, and some in the fourth season.

A notable exception from the fourth or fifth season is in the OP, Will Goes A-Courtin'. That's easily top tier material right there. Every moment in the flashbacks, from Carlton's totally out-of-place abrasiveness to Uncle Phil's shadow as he approaches the cowering cousins is completely hilarious.

Fresh Prince was kind of lame w/those "very specialty episodes" but my fave is still when Will's dad came back. I shed a tear even though I have a dad.

Completely agree. Those "very special episodes" are the ones I always skip because I find them kind of lame, EXCEPT for the one with Will's father. For whatever reason, that episode is in a league of its own.

The one with William Shatner high on laughing gas in the dentist's office has always been really memorable to me. He was supposed to be a guest on Hillary's talk show.

fresh.jpg

tumblr_lsckvb1dm01qcqqpjo10_r2_250.gif
tumblr_lsckvb1dm01qcqqpjo13_r2_250.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I always liked the episode when Will's father came back. Very emotional.

Also the episode when Jeffrey finds out he has a son.

Omzz

Just bought all 6 seasons off Amazon during Black Friday. And I have to say rewatching the episode with Hilary dropping out of a college still kills me.

That's awful, is he making you clean his room?

Will you clean miiiiiiiiiiine?

this is EXACTLY what i was gonna post. just the way he turns around and says it with that smirk makes me laugh

chris121580

The one with William Shatner high on laughing gas in the dentist's office has always been really memorable to me. He was supposed to be a guest on Hillary's talk show.

fresh.jpg

tumblr_lsckvb1dm01qcqqpjo10_r2_250.gif
tumblr_lsckvb1dm01qcqqpjo13_r2_250.gif
By far my favorite. So damn funny! OP nailed it as well. I also love the episode where Will goes on the game show and has to decide which friend to bring on. "I'm sorry Bob...this is a bad time!"

The part where they find the money in a cave and they end up burning some of it for survival. Then it turns out they were never in danger and they found the award money for some TV show.

J.EM1

My love for you is like a river
Like a summer breeze that makes my soul shiver
One look from you is more precious than gold

..Let's go get some barbeque and get busy!

tumblr_m6xi80I2P21qbhaplo1_r1_500.gif

Dereck

The episode where Carlton becomes c-note, and Deebo criticizes people for using "school words".

Yo c-note, how do I figure my network?

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
I can't remember the names, but two episodes I loved was the one where Carlton gets his hands glued to his head and knocks will out and when Will gets locked in a room with Tisha Campbell.

tumblr_ltmxaaTwLF1qcqqpjo2_250.gif

Will Goes A-Courtin'

This is the "dance puppets dance" ep right? so good

Loakum

Banned
That one hilarious episode when will smith started crying saying, "why don't my dad want me?" I burst out laughing every time I see that scene! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom