• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everyone loves reboots! Lets reboot 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air'

AJUMP23

Gold Member
What gets me is that if they run this as a drama, then the dramatic scenes won't hit hard because that's the whole thing.

Fresh Prince's dramatic scenes hit hard because they contrast the comedy of the show. When Phil kicks off or when Will cries you fucking know it. James Avery had presence, and his character was about what he did rather than what he has. This new Uncle Phil, from that clip, seems to present himself as "I'm rich as fuck". Not impressed.
So maybe any comedic scenes will hit hard.

jason10mm

Gold Member
This reboot is just leeching on the name in order to get any validation between the 1000's of other shit drama shows, that does everything that the fresh prince of bell air doesn't stand for or made unique and fun and a good watch.
Well, it's POSSIBLE that all the trailers are misleading and this kid snaps in eo2, goes on a columbine style killing spree at his school, then flees to Mexico, rises within the cartels as a sicario, and comes back to Bel Aire as a wealthy drug lord PRINCE!

Might happen :p

Boss Mog

I just imagine 30-minute episodes of terrible woke propaganda that will tarnish the original series. Thankfully nobody watches Peacock.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
What gets me is that if they run this as a drama, then the dramatic scenes won't hit hard because that's the whole thing.

Fresh Prince's dramatic scenes hit hard because they contrast the comedy of the show. When Phil kicks off or when Will cries you fucking know it. James Avery had presence, and his character was about what he did rather than what he has. This new Uncle Phil, from that clip, seems to present himself as "I'm rich as fuck". Not impressed.

This looks bad… can they think of writing new things instead of abusing the fame of an old IP in these crappy remasters?

MrMephistoX

I have to admit I didn’t realize this didn’t even exist until the Super Bowl ad just now. Sorry but that was literally the funniest shit I’ve seen the entire Super Bowl. Guess some guys who were up to no good started making trouble in his neighborhood: he got in one little fight and his mom got scared! Fucking gritty Reimagining of Fresh Prince!

Top Bottom