• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes March 10th

I'm not sure what to think of Wii U sales lately.

It seems to be selling better, but selling better than before still means its basically comatose.

If you're a fan, it's good news. It's not going to do wii numbers. But year over year improvement is nice, even if the previous year was awful.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wii u still comatose.

Dat 25% Wii U increase though!

Dead-cat-bounce-graph-yahoo-finance.gif

ClearData

I really hope the Wii U did better this month. Donkey Kong was a solid game and on 3DS we got Bravely Default. It was a good month to be Nintendo gamer and I hope they were rewarded for that at retail.

Lo-Volt

It's really the same old story. Nintendo is reporting less abysmal sales figures for their home console. It only gets itself off the ground when its heavy hitters are released because there's nothing else to tide people over or make the proposition of owning a Wii U better. 82,500 consoles is pretty lousy, especially considering how the other two home consoles are bound to pull away from it quickly.

Foshy

That's surprisingly high for Donkey Kong. Then again, the US is its main market. Still, pretty good.

S¡mon;104263422 said:
I think it's fair to say that it is above most people's and analyst's expectations. It's, as you mention, nothing amazing, but we're looking at really decent growth here.
No. Really, no.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
3DS is probably down YoY.

Last year, it sold around 190,000 units. Without the FE bundle, 170,000. If it loses 17% on a 4 week period again YOY like happened in January, it's around 140,000 units. Maybe 150,000, considering...

...THAT BRAVELY DEFAULT SOLD A FUCK TON

LET'S CELEBRATE ALL, BABYYYYYY

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Someone needs to make a Microsoft spin-machine that spins whatever you say, closely resembling what is poised to be in Major Nelson's tweet.

B.O.O.M

Maybe they are writing an essay on spin like they did last month..these things take time..you have to spell check and all that

ps: OR they did amazingly well that they are writing an essay to boast

Top Bottom