• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF13 makes way more sense if you just skip all the cutscenes...

I don't agree with the OP.

I actually think that FFXIII is a good/great game by itself and Didn't need XIII-2 or lightining returns. It's actually better if you consider it alone.

XIII-2 is a good game too but the story made no fucking sense. So much that I actually decided to skip Lightining Returns because I saw they had no real plan for this "trilogy". It's all just filler while they figured it out what to do with Versus XIII.

BumRush

:p.

The game is only turn based battles, there's nothing else. Battles where you look at which card the opponent plays and you then decide to counter it with a synergist, sentinel, commando etc deck. Sometimes new cards or eidolons are added or subtracted so you can play different decks.

Really? That basically describes every game ever made then, no? Enemy does something, you decide which action to take

I did say "trying." :p

It's either the power of friendship or a Goddess did it. Pick your poison, I guess.

Yeah, but i always thought 13-2 could have a plot centered on the new colonies of humans on Pulse. It was an interesting setting for adventure and exploring...

sublimit

Banned
Final Fantasy XIII is a class game. Square Enix outdid themselves with this wonderful game. It's a miracle from start to finish. Maybe even a wonder. A true gaming wonder. Lightning is the hero we deserve. And I hope she comes back. One day. Lightning. I'm waiting for you.

Ok Perfo,admit it.How many GAF accounts do you have?

timshundo

So...

GAF has super expectations for FFXIII. It's mostly a failure on all counts as a FF game. GAF (and most of the vocal internet) hate FFXIII with a passion. Now "GAF" thinks it's a "great" game?

Okay. Better graphics on the PC and skipping cutscenes (which only removes one problem on top of many) doesn't change things. For as much flak that the gambit system from FFXII received, the battle system in this game is actually quite a bit worse overall and you have even less control compared to the supposed "auto combat" of the previous game. Ten hours into the game and it finally kind of opens up, but then it's just a big island with a bunch of random elite enemies to kill. Yay!

Those betrayed by the hype of this game took a few years to cool down. I don't think you need to try to re-convince everyone that its a "failure" of a game. It's flawed but fun and at times the most FF ever released.

teiresias

Having just finished FFXIII again yesterday, the game still makes little sense from a motivational point of view. I don't really understand why the party does any of the things they do, and then in the end they just end up doing what the "bad guys" wanted them to do anyway and the world is only saved via a deus ex machina in the ending. It's completely stupid.

I have had more fun with the battle system on this play through though since I abandoned using stupid Lightning at all. I might actually put in the time to finish the Ceith stone missions (though the damn game is so big I really just want to delete and recover some harddrive space on my PC).

Loved XIII, and understood pretty much everything. I don't know what people strain so much to understand.

FFXIII ending question:
Why did Orphan fight back? I thought it wanted to die.

Gods don't have free will. That's why they force the humans to do their dirty work.
It was a nice twist on regular god stories i thought.

Top Bottom