• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 Rebirth soundtrack album ahead of Beyonce in the charts (Apple and Amazon music)

Go_Ly_Dow

Not often you'll see a gaming soundtrack up there hanging out with the big boys/girls. 😎

Beyonce calling her agent right now and be like

beyonce crying GIF

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

What about the Spotify numbers?
Not out on Spotify, probably won't be for a while.
You do realize Beyonce already had the number 1 album for her opening week right?
Just a bit of a humour topic and a nice moment seeing a gaming soundtrack above big name artists. Obviously Beyonce is more popular than FF or any gaming soundtrack in grand scheme of things. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I cannot find this on Apple Music (that’s iTunes right?)in the US. What am I doing wrong here? I can find the ep but I cannot find the full album to buy.

I’m dumb. You have to buy it on iTunes then you have to use Apple Music to listen to the purchase.

Soundtrack is great…:now I just need to find some clouds to yell at.

Last edited:

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
One thing people easily forget when talking about sales of new FF entries is exactly this… for each game they launch there’s an huge parallel market of merchandise for S-E made of books, music, toys and merchandise in general that boosts with it. Shouldn’t be dismissed because their merchandise branch is one that keeps growing and growing in the last years.

BlackTron

The title of this thread made me laugh hard.
No diss towards Beyonce at all, it was just funny and absurd.

That the names Beyonce and Final Fantasy 7 would be in the same sentence.

This was exactly my reaction.

You do realize Beyonce already had the number 1 album for her opening week right?

And here I was thinking that Beyonce had never accomplished anything before being #2 to FF.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF

What makes anyone's opinion of a FF composer being a better musician and more entertaining than Beyonce ridiculous?.

It's not ridiculous at all.

It's ridiculous to act as if Beyonce isn't a music Hall of Famer. No one is comparing her to the composer of this FF7 soundtrack.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I Am... Sasha Fierce was Beyoncé's last and best Album so this doesn't surprise me.

Neff

Nobody cares so much that the OP and yall love to bring her up in this thread about a video game soundtrack.

You misunderstand. I very much do care about saying I don't care about Beyonce. She's shit. Would have fucked her back in the day though I can't lie.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
You misunderstand. I very much do care about saying I don't care about Beyonce. She's shit. Would have fucked her back in the day though I can't lie.

Cool. And I can say she's one of the greatest musical artists of all time. Reality says I'm closer to the truth than you are. Any measurement of music will back that up. ;)

Top Bottom