• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 Remake Removed From PS Store "Console Exclusives" Section.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I would love to see how much these 2 year exclusives cost Sony.

Will never understand moneyhats. I highly doubt its more than $10-20 million. Even if it's $50-100 million, use that to make a new first party game.

Hell, Crystal Dynamics, Deus Ex/Guardians Studio and a third smaller SE studio were all sold for a total $300 million. Just buy entire studios instead of paying just to lock out the other console userbase. Every PS owner was going to get this game regardless of Sony's investment. Square Enix execs with their Rise of Tomb Raider moneyhat, Forspoken and FF moneyhats just love pocketing all these payments.

Last edited:
about time GIF

Will never understand moneyhats. I highly doubt its more than $10-20 million. Even if it's $50-100 million, use that to make a new first party game.

Hell, Crystal Dynamics, Deus Ex/Guardians Studio and a third smaller SE studio were all sold for a total $300 million. Just buy entire studios instead of paying just to lock out the other console userbase. Every PS owner was going to get this game regardless of Sony's investment. Square Enix execs with their Rise of Tomb Raider moneyhat, Forspoken and FF moneyhats just love pocketing all these payments.
They pay for themselves most likely, so from Sony's perspective why not do it? It's not like they are short on money to fund these. When MS had a bigger market share they were big on moneyhats too.

Last edited:
I guess FF7R has sold everything that could sold. Now is turn to sell a little bit more on Xbox. Now, is Part 2 announcement incoming?

yazenov

Didn't the game sold +5 million already on Sony's console alone? Sony gets 30% cut from that so whatever they paid they recovered the cost from it , plus they also sold a bunch of consoles due to it being a Sony exclusive. A win for Sony, as FF7 remake being exclusive to the platform generates mind share among the RPG fans and so forth.

How funny would it be if this came to Xbox after 2+ years but not on GamePass?

I thought it was just a matter of time to be honest, in fact, I’m surprised it has taken this long. My guess is that it’ll be in the MS show.

Doubt the optics of putting a 2+ year-old JRPG in your showcase work out to MS's favor if it's for any serious amount of time, especially with the possibility this might still skip GamePass.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Yay for used games. 2 fucking years man for a part one remake from an old game.

These timed exclusives are getting crazier.

I won't see this game on steam until 2023. A fucking 3 years from the release.

F you Square, and your needy money.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'd be quite shocked if it ever came.

I can't imagine what Sony paid for this, ff 16, forspoken and that marvel avengers deal. Must have been in the 100s of millions if Microsoft paid that just for tomb raider.

kyliethicc

You pay to ensure day 1 sales are on your platform, get a rip. Do the math.

Factor in some value perceived by Sony for the association between the big game and their platform.

Not to mention Square wouldn’t need much of a payment since so few people on Xbox would buy a FF game.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wait....maybe this means FFVIIR Pt 2 is being announced tomorrow 👀
2 years timed exclusive to Playstation

DarthPutin

I thought it might finally get XBOX release, coz why not. It hasn't been moneyhat in a while, only EGS exclusive on PC, so Sony probably wasn't preventing it for quite a time. Could see XBOX make Squeenix a good offer, they need impressive additions to GamePass right about now, as many as they can get, after delay disappointments (and I am sure they will find good things to satisfy their customers).

I am actually trying to play the game right now, apart from plastic-looking faces it looks very AAA, not sure how it would work on Switch...

I am convinced that Sony will moneyhat Part II, but if it doesn't happen for some reason, could be a good deal for XBOX fans, not having to wait too long for sequel.

Metnut

I think at least 95% of people who really wanted to let this own a Sony console. Glad the remaining holdouts can finally experience it thought, game was great.

Can’t see how this would work on the Switch.

could be an announcement at the xbox show or it could be nothing at all. who knows when it comes to square enix and xbox. they seem more than happy to make as many deals with sony as they possibly can.

This game has already been given for free on regular PS+ (including the PS5 version), so it'd be pretty funny if it wasn't on GamePass. I guess they could throw in the Yufi DLC to make it more worthwhile.

Last edited:
They pay for themselves most likely, so from Sony's perspective why not do it? It's not like they are short on money to fund these. When MS had a bigger market share they were big on moneyhats too.
right, in sure you would be happy seeing Ms continue buying publishers only because you know "it's not like they are short on money to buy it". This mentality is the worst

Yay for used games. 2 fucking years man for a part one remake from an old game.

These timed exclusives are getting crazier.

I won't see this game on steam until 2023. A fucking 3 years from the release.

F you Square, and your needy money.
Wait wat?

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
cool, im sure it would be on gamepass, i highly doubt alot of xbox owners is going to buy this game.

Top Bottom