• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 Remake Removed From PS Store "Console Exclusives" Section.

Lognor

Banned
it is an old game, and with not so exciting graphics enhancements. If it does not end up on the gamepass it will be forgotten after 20 minutes from the release.
I for sure would never pay for this game. If it's free on game pass i might give it a go. But even then I don't commit to it

Lognor

Banned
I can understand it not being something a person would prefer but.... it's better than most games on GP.
How can you say? Have you played most games on game pass?I would say ffviir is not better than most games on game pass, but I haven't played it. And in no rush to do so. So if it's that good se should have done a better job of letting ppl know. I heard it was incomplete

How can you say? Have you played most games on game pass?I would say ffviir is not better than most games on game pass, but I haven't played it. And in no rush to do so. So if it's that good se should have done a better job of letting ppl know. I heard it was incomplete
It's absolutely better than most games on GamePass, and I've played most games on GP that aren't just complete bottom-tier nonsense.

S0ULZB0URNE

If se wants ppl to buy it on Xbox they should release it at the same time as other platforms. I'm not giving se a dime!
That's some plastic love right here!
i don't think that people care about the next FF 895 this much at this point. And the best Square Enix studio has been sold (CD)
This is false
Yes I have and it's better than most of them like I said.

If XB is getting this... it's good news period.

Well, we will see.

If se wants ppl to buy it on Xbox they should release it at the same time as other platforms. I'm not giving se a dime!
Square Enix doesn't care. Just like one person said "Square Enix makes the games for platform holders, not for the gamers" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Jormatar

Every PS owner was going to get this game regardless of Sony's investment.
Not to defend moneyhatting but there are many people with good PCs like Maximillian Dood who had to play the game on PS ecosystem because it was the only platform for the game at the time.

I doubt companies would keep moneyhatting games if it wasn't worth it in some scale for them.

IIRC Sony paid for the development. The financial deal might be more akin to a publisher fronting the money to get a game made than Sony paying like 10 mill for exclusivity. Still wouldn't rule a Series port of Intergrade but def no Gamepass.

That’s going to have the exact opposite effect of what you’re intending 😂 I know it’s annoying, and I personally wish SE would release their games on all possible platforms simultaneously, but if you really want them to be more respectful towards Xbox you have to give them a reason. Not buying it when it’s on Xbox will make SE think “see? Releasing on Xbox is a waste of resources”

Last edited:

Kacho

Sony moneyhat —-> EGS moneyhat —-> Gamepass moneyhat

Square is the shittiest publisher in the industry and is more interested in selling to companies than gamers
I think the first two moneyhats drained any interest others might have had in passing. By the time it hits Steam and/or Xbox I doubt many will care. The FOMO is long gone.

Kssio_Aug

It might be but if more people buy it instead SE would be more likely to release these games on Xbox.
Oh No Thank You GIF by CBC

Sony moneyhat —-> EGS moneyhat —-> Gamepass moneyhat

Square is the shittiest publisher in the industry and is more interested in selling to companies than gamers
I mean I’m no Economics expert, but it comes across as short-term thinking on SE’s part. If FFVIIR released on Xbox, PS4, and PC all at once, maybe sales would’ve been 7/8 million+ after a month instead of 5 million+. That would mean way more discourse about it all across the internet that would be even harder for people to ignore and it’d probably give it more legs, too.

Lognor

Banned
That's some plastic love right here!

This is false

Yes I have and it's better than most of them like I said.

If XB is getting this... it's good news period.
Not talking about myself. I was never going to pay money for the game, regardless as to where it released. But I'm saying if they wanted ppl to buy the game on Xbox they should have released it day one. Not that hard to understand. Releasing it years later and you expect ppl to buy it? You're out of your mind!
That’s going to have the exact opposite effect of what you’re intending 😂 I know it’s annoying, and I personally wish SE would release their games on all possible platforms simultaneously, but if you really want them to be more respectful towards Xbox you have to give them a reason. Not buying it when it’s on Xbox will make SE think “see? Releasing on Xbox is a waste of resources”
They can think what they want. Don't really care. I'm not really their target market. I played the original when it released on ps1 and thought it was decent but haven't touched a ff game since. Well I take that back. I played ff6 on snes last year and thought it was terribly overrated.

I can't play jrpgs on home consoles anymore. I play them on switch and the xenoblade games blow ff away imo. Smt too. Ff feels so dated.

Nope. Xbox need persona more than this game.

This game isn't even full yet.
You sound very bright.

1. Like the previous poster said, FF still sells considerably more.

2. The game is 30+ hours long, it is definitely a full game. The Remake project is not the same thing as OG FFVII. Was “It Chapter One” not a full movie just because it only went to the end of the Kids Arc?

Like, clearly you haven’t even played it

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
The Switch part in the thread title made me chuckle.

Prepare to be disappointed and disgusted with the end of that trash.

The game is fun on the whole but damn if they weren't trying to kill any and all enthusiasm for the rest of the story.

Whoever wrote that trash shouldn't be allowed to touch another game.

1.FF7 alone is rated better than anything CD has ever made.
2. If I'm not mistaken it also is rated better than 90+% of what's available on GP.
it's an old old old game.....if you are an enthusiast gamer you already know FFVII and the enanchements are definitely not worth whatever new price for this old game. If is on game pass is ok if not SE can save this game for themselves

kingfey

Banned
You sound very bright.

1. Like the previous poster said, FF still sells considerably more.

2. The game is 30+ hours long, it is definitely a full game. The Remake project is not the same thing as OG FFVII. Was “It Chapter One” not a full movie just because it only went to the end of the Kids Arc?

Like, clearly you haven’t even played it
No one cares if it sells well or not.
The franchise isn't consistent on xbox.

2: the game is broken to parts. So playing part by part isn't a full experience, until you get all the parts. 30 hour or 90 hour, you are still only have 1 part from a complete old game.

kingfey

Banned
You are delusional. P5, including Royal, sold over 5 million copies. Whereas FFXV, including the Royal Edition, sold over 10 million.
Let me ask you something. What is a franchise, if it's skips your console, when it's fresh? Where is ff14 on xbox?

Let's be honest here. Xbox players are getting the end of the stick for this franchise.

S0ULZB0URNE

MS would make Square put it on gamepass.

In your dreams.

Xbox players are already getting fucked by final fantasy.
At this point, they don't care about this game.

Ff14 isn't even on xbox, since launch.
MS can't make SE do anything.
It's a fact that FF is a far bigger franchise than persona.
You have to be the dumbest poster who posts a lot here.
But I'm saying if they wanted ppl to buy the game on Xbox they should have released it day one. Not that hard to understand. Releasing it years later and you expect ppl to buy it? You're out of your mind!
Only butthurt fanboys think like this.

kingfey

Banned
I've actually obtained a leaked screenshot of the Switch version:

hqdefault.jpg

(p.s. lighten up fanboys, it's just a silly joke)
I bought it for my switch. That switch is on Europe for 3 month vocation. I would have to wait until August to play it.

I was looking forward to it, since I bought it on sale.

No one cares if it sells well or not.
The franchise isn't consistent on xbox.

2: the game is broken to parts. So playing part by part isn't a full experience, until you get all the parts. 30 hour or 90 hour, you are still only have 1 part from a complete old game.

If FF sells better on the platforms it shares with Persona, FF will also sell better on Xbox.

What has Xbox even gotten from Persona for you to say this? Just P5 and some spin-offs? Good gracious.

Also: FFVIIR is not telling the exact same story as FFVII. The story is not finished by the time VIIR is wrapped up, but it is indeed a full game.

Lognor

Banned
MS can't make SE do anything.
It's a fact that FF is a far bigger franchise than persona.
You have to be the dumbest poster who posts a lot here.

Only butthurt fanboys think like this.
What are you on about? A game releasing years later and you expect it to do gangbusters? You're out of your mind.

You really seem like the butthurt one here...

kingfey

Banned
If FF sells better on the platforms it shares with Persona, FF will also sell better on Xbox.

What has Xbox even gotten from Persona for you to say this? Just P5 and some spin-offs? Good gracious.

Also: FFVIIR is not telling the exact same story as FFVII. The story is not finished by the time VIIR is wrapped up, but it is indeed a full game.
Persona mainline appearing on xbox is a major win for them.

There has only been 2 persona games on xbox. Persona 4 arena and ultimax.

TLZ

Banned
Um, who sits around and monitors this kind of thing?

I've never said to myself "self, you should load up the ps store and make sure games are still console exclusive"

There is some dedicated people out there.
I ask myself the same question with a lot of the news/rumours we get. Some of the people monitor all day like they're the FBI.

Let me ask you something. What is a franchise, if it's skips your console, when it's fresh? Where is ff14 on xbox?

Let's be honest here. Xbox players are getting the end of the stick for this franchise.
I know they are, and I think it’s very stupid of SE to do what they’re doing.

But most gamers are willing to drop any grievances they may have towards a company or series if an upcoming product looks appealing. Whatever resentment Xbox owners may have towards SE/FF in particular will probably immediately go out the window the next time a desirable product is released on Xbox at the same time as PlayStation.

Top Bottom