• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Laugh now, but when Capom releases the Marvel 3 patch and nerf Vergil to hell you won't be laughing.

Vergil will still be too good even if he is nerfed based on how stupid his normals are lol

I don't know what i expected.
Need to see something new someday.

SFV is gonna be at E3 hopefully. Is the Sony press conference on a Tuesday? Cause if it is, we know Bison is gonna be shown.

That's just straight up theft. If that's true he should be banned from future events.

FGC-Celeb so it ain't happening ever.

For the announcement on GAF, probably Capcom vs SNK 3, since it's been longer since the last game.
Marvel vs Capcom 4 wouldn't have as much of an impact, since it hasn't been that long since Marvel vs Capcom 3, and reception (due to Ultimate) isn't as favorable.

Again, this is just for GAF anticipation.
Marvel vs Capcom 4 would sell like 5x as much.

I love that Marvel vs Capcom is still a topic. Luckily its thanks to the many people who profess their hate for the game.

Tizoc

there is a guide for the game!

P140603268.JPG

P140603275.JPG

P140603278.JPG

P140603279.JPG

S6njTTz.gif

it was indeed but if you look at the character design, it was more familiar to Western viewers, eg Mazinger Z references.
Sure but that's because the 80s is the defining era for the mecha genre. The only things they are kind of missing is Evangelion, but that's just an Ultraman ripoff and the game had that covered, and the sunrise yuusha series like GaoGaiGar. They are also missing the really small real robot archetype but the scale would probably just not work.
So sue me, hard to find many Kikaioh artwork on the net :V
Did you check eBay?

https://twitter.com/Di3mini0n/status/592366046486482944

I'm not sure if Kevin is completely serious or just letting out some salt. But sadly, this is a sentiment that so many--particularly NA players and viewers--have shared since EVO 2014. Rose is super good. In top 15-20 imo. But cheap ? >_> Mashing backdash is still not as scruby and obnoxious as mashing a 3f invincible DP.
Good thing about the new Rose resurgence is that Elena bops her pretty hard.
One of the scrubbiest players at our casuals plays Rose. He's ass at the game yet somehow finds some success.
If you make this dude play random select with you he just gets mopped yet he somehow finds a moderate amount of success with Rose, so I tend to agree.

He also plays Ramlethal in XRD so I feel the same way about that character.

edit: He also never used to find ANY success with the character until Ultra. In Super he scrubbed out some wins but he was new to Rose then soo... Super Rose was a scrubby stupid character too.

I didn't say he wins a lot. I'm saying he doesn't EVER win if he doesn't use Rose. I'm also saying I'm salty when I lost to a scrub.
I think I know who you're talking about but I'm not trynna say names..

also.. the bracket gods were against me yesterday. Matched up against Blitzman first round.

nigga stepped all over my face with those dive kicks gawddamn
zqlHLpA.png

dude did shit with Yun that i've never seen before

firebrand variant Quan Chi is some of the cheapest shit I've ever seen

Quan Chi's zoning is serious, but I'm sure his Summoner variant is the most difficult to use effectively. 'Contemplating trying it out, but we'll see.

If anything, I'm glad Ferra/Torr is a good counter-zoner.

CurlyW

So the GGXrd Top 16 bracket is:

Winners
Ogawa (ZA) vs. A.K.A. (ZA)
DavidCUE (ZA) vs. Pain (RA)
Dogura (SO) vs. BananaKen (EL)
Minimatt (EL) vs. NerdJosh (EL)

Losers
GCYoshi (BE) vs. Nakkiel (SO)
???? vs. Kid Viper (EL)
Foo (LE) vs. Murder Joe (SO)
A.X.I.S. (LE) vs. Lil Majin (CH)

Skilletor

So the GGXrd Top 16 bracket is:

Winners
Ogawa (ZA) vs. A.K.A. (ZA)
DavidCUE (ZA) vs. Pain (RA)
Dogura (SO) vs. BananaKen (EL)
Minimatt (EL) vs. NerdJosh (EL)

Losers
GCYoshi (BE) vs. Nakkiel (SO)
???? vs. Kid Viper (EL)
Foo (LE) vs. Murder Joe (SO)
A.X.I.S. (LE) vs. Lil Majin (CH)

Is the question mark secret hightier? He's a local CO player. I heard he got top 16.

Edit, nope, that's minimatt. Good stuff to him. :)

Top Bottom