• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 13-19 | This Netkode Is An Injustice

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ikqJJpgqhH9vf.gif

Week of April 13th to the 19th, 2015.

Fighting Games Weekly is the weekly discussion thread for all things fighting games. News, events, streams, videos, players, drama, everything fighting game related.

Don't know what to watch right now? Check the FGCPros Twitch Group or Jaxel's Stream Viewer. If you want to watch multiple streams at once, you can use Jaxel's customizable multiviewer as well. If you are looking to see what events are coming up past this week, check out the FGC Event Calendar that our own Malice215 put together.

New to FGC-GAF is the FGC-GAF Index which lists the fighting games GAFers plays as a neat reference with some rough statistics to boot. To add yourself to the index, quote this post and use the survey link below. Please remember to save/bookmark the "Edit your response" link so you can edit your responses if/when you buy a game already on the list or a new game that releases in the future.

Last week's thread. An archive of previous FGW threads is available here.​

ibg8VoGHXS8BOI.jpg

ibcFc4B35Sbsvs.jpg

Last year, GAFer Shouta helped organize donations from various FGC-GAF members to send fellow member QisTopTier to EVO. Q suffers from Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy, but has always wanted to go to EVO and we're looking to double up this year and send him to EVO again!

If you want to help out, you can check out the details and pledge on this spreadsheet.

ibsB0URLCQgTBQ.jpg

Stunfest Japanese USFIV Online Qualifier [ Saturday ] [ 6PM Japan | 5AM EDT | 2AM PDT ]

iUtpKu5GLNKRB.jpg

ieTgrFyb2CDiR.jpg

Every week, FGW will spotlight one GAFer to get a better picture of their history with fighting games, their preferences, and much more. For this week's FGW Player Spotlight, we will be taking a closer look at GorillaWithDandruff!

What fighting games do you currently play, what is your all time favourite and why?
I play pretty much every fg outside of NetherRealm games cuz they suck hot ass. Lately I've been playing mainly USF4 cuz EVO's comin up and it's the one I'm consistently always practicing and there ain't no rust in. I've been playing a lotta VF5 lately too for some reason.

Fav fg would have to be third strike. Everything about it is so damn sexy and makes my god damn mouth water. I still be bumpin tf outta Snowland when I'm driving on the freeway. Mmmmmmmm.
What are your favorite mechanics from the current selection of fighting games and why? What are your least favorite and why?
Don't really have a favorite game mechanic from the current fg's although roman cancels are pretty fuckin dope.

Imma be real original this spotlight and go with X-factor for my least favorite. Don't think I've ever seen that one mentioned.
What got you into fighting games? Are there any other genre of games you play?
I got into fighting games by being around my older brother and cousin. Growing up we didn't have a whole lotta money so fighting games were the perfect shit to occupy us for an assload of years. First game was ST and it was love at first sight.

I play a stupid amount of video games; hence why I'm on GAF :/ (although I'm realizing that strangely this isn't the case for some people here which confuses the shit out of me).
What is your favorite fighting game character and why?
I'm all about design and character. If a dude looks super badass or does some dope shit then that's who I'm using (sadly this often leads to me maining ass tier characters) but yeah specifically I've got a real soft spot for dudes that just hit like a motherfucking truck or just raw beat the shit out of you: Q, Yamazaki, Steve Fox, Iron Fist, Ganon, Potemkin, etc.
Describe your style of play, and how do you play (local, online, etc.).
I guess I'd be considered like an aggressive dumbass.
What do you feel are your biggest strengths and weaknesses as a player?
Impatience is biggest weakness. I think I'm good at noticing player tendencies cuz that's almost always how I win but literally everybody says that so who tf knows how unique that is.
Best and worst moments in the your fighting game career?
Best moment of my fighting game career was finally beating my bro in SF when I was a little kid. Shit was so god damn euphoric. Almost brings a tear to my eye.

Worst moment was the following match immediately after where he destroyed me and I came to the realization that he'd been sandbagging for the better part of like two years. Fuck you Aaron.
What do you want from future fighting games?
More cool characters.
Who should be on next week's GAF Player Spotlight?
yea idk who to pick so the nomination thing works out.
Since Dahbomb strongly encourages pre-orders, what games do you plan to buy that have been officially announced?
Haven't pre-ordered a game since like 7th grade.

ibqmKoeGZdF3Lr.jpg

iknYm15Cbb3g4.jpg

Super Desperation Radio [ 9:30PM EDT | 6:30 PDT ]
  • Hellpockets and various other members of the KoF community discuss KoF and happenings in the FGC.
Marvel Mondays [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • Out of the ashes of The BOX Arena, comes the San Diego FGC's newest organized weekly for UMvC3.
UltraChenTV: First Attack & Lv3 Focus [ 11:30PM EDT | 8:30PM PDT ]
  • Weekly FGC show dedicated to match analysis, teaching, commentary, news, debates, and more! Hosted by UltraDavid and James Chen.

i05jU9MTJVOrL.jpg

Kachitagari TV (JP) [ 9PM JST | 8AM EDT | 5AM PDT ]
  • Bon-chan, Kazunoko and Fuudo's new show, focusing primarily on SSFIV AE ranked matches but is branching off into other games as well.
Capcom UK presents WinnerStaysOn Sessions [ 8PM GMT | 3PM EDT | 12PM PDT ]
  • Logan Sama, organiser of the old WSO weeklys in London, invites some of London's finest to Capcom UK HQ for first to 5 sets in USF4.
NYC VF [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • NYC VF crew presents VF5:FS tournaments casuals out of The Next Level arcade in Brooklyn.
The Break Weekly [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • New Jersey's largest weekly featuring UMvC3 and Injustice.
The On Blast Show [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • JamessMK & DarKNaTaS host a raw and uncut weekly talk show discussing events in the FGC with various FGC personalities.
UltraChenTV: The Tuesday Show [ 11:30PM EDT | 8:30PM PDT ]
  • Weekly FGC show dedicated to match analysis, teaching, commentary, news, debates, and more! Hosted by UltraDavid and James Chen.
The Show That Sucks [ 1AM EDT (following day) | 10PM PDT ]
  • iPlaywinner hosts a weekly talk show featuring alpha stream monsters Harrison and Honzo Gonzo.

ibeoCQqpoXTtfu.jpg

Game Spot Versus KoF Casuals (JP) [ 7PM JST | 6AM EDT | 3AM PDT ]
  • KoF 1998UM, KoF 2002UM and KoF XIII C action from Japan.
TOPANGA TV (JP) [ 9PM JST | 8AM EDT | 5AM PDT ]
  • A weekly show featuring Mago, Tokido, and Momochi. They go over the tournaments they will participate and have participated in overseas and in Japan, as well as the general news in SF. For long periods of the year, there is a student-teacher session involving one of the 3 Topanga members taking a player under their wing and teaching them how to play SF. The show features rank matches (sometimes random char. matches) and ends with a 8 man online tournament featuring players around 4.5kpp such as Poongko, Inco, and more.
Next Level Battle Circuit [ 8PM EDT | 4PM PDT ]
  • NYC's biggest weekly at The Next Level Arcade in Brooklyn featuring SSFIV AE, UMvC3 and TTT2. If the Teamsp00ky link is not working, it is likely on the backup stream on Arturo's channel.
Wednesday Night Fights [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ] [ON HIATUS]

ibuSEViyvaW6s2.jpg

HBTB Live [ 8PM EDT | 5PM PDT ]
  • Hold Back To Block hosts a weekly roundtable discussion of various happenings in the FGC.
Melee It On Me [ 9PM EDT | 6PM PDT ]
  • A bi-weekly Smash podcast discussing recent events, news and issues in the Smash community, hosted by Scar, Prog, Cactuar and Sheridan.
Ghost Battle Series [ 9PM CST | 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • Galloping Ghost Arcade presents an Injustice weekly out of Chicago.
The Fray [ 10PM EDT | 7PM PDT ]
  • A weekly FGC talk show hosted by iPlaywinner, featuring a varying, ensemble cast of prominent members of the fighting game community.
ATP LIVE! [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • Aris' new weekly show, discussing whatever he wants to! The format resembles old ATP podcasts.
The Runback [ 12AM EDT (following day) | 9PM PDT ] [ON HIATUS]
  • The UMvC3 and KoF XIII branch of Wednesday Night Fights also hosted at Super Arcade in Walnut, California.

iUsCIlMTxirgq.jpg

The Smash Break Bi-Weekly [ 6PM EDT | 3PM PDT ]
  • The Break hosts a new Melee bi-weekly to replace Rokunaya Bi-Weeklies which are ending.
Thank God It's Team Stickbug [ 7PM EDT | 4PM PDT ]
  • Arturo streams a BlazBlue and Guilty Gear bi-weekly out of Next Level arcade in Brooklyn.
KaoTV! (JP) [ 11PM JST | 10AM EDT | 7AM PDT ]
SALTY! [ 11PM EDT | 8PM PDT ]
  • A bi-weekly Skullgirls event hosted by members of the Skullgirls development team, often featuring preview builds of the game.

iDFzpxKo67pi.jpg

Rebel Up [ 7PM EDT | 4PM PDT ]
  • Super Arcade's anime bi-weekly, featuring GG, BB, P4A, SG, Gundam and older anime games as well.

ibviiDfGbYQe8.jpg

GGPO VanBats [ 4PM EDT | 1PM PDT ]
  • Weekly GGPO Vampire Savior ranbats streamed by GAFer Rotanibor.
Super Smash Sundays [ 4PM EDT | 1PM PDT ] [ON HIATUS]
  • SuperDojo and Team OXY partner up to create a new weekly for the SoCal Melee community, featuring doubles and singles.

ixwKqL3HDm2tG.jpg

On GAF we have various members that stream fighting games from time to time too. If you would like to add your channel to this thread, send me a PM.

ijZOOUzP40x43.jpg

Often, some fighting games can seem intimidating to players new and old. Below are a bunch of resources that may be of aid to new players, or handy as references.
  • Learn How To Play Fighting Games Free eBook from Shoryuken is a fantastic primer for new players to the genre.
  • Footsies Handbook is a guide to the potentially elusive, but integral part of doing well in any fighting game.
  • NeoGAF's Arcade Stick Thread is the place to go for questions about anything arcade stick-related.
  • Step Up Your Game is an editorial series by Justin Wong that covers a multitude of topics, notably focusing on strengthening your mental game and playing smarter instead of harder.
  • Tips for first time competitors will help you straighten out those nerves and expectations when you head out to your first tournament.
  • Domination 101 is almost a cult classic article in the FGC, which has Seth Killian telling us how he really feels about the idea of "cheapness" in fighting games.
  • Team-building Guide by our very own Karsticles, which helps make it easier to approach team-building in MvC games, and games with similar synergistic elements.
For a list of NeoGAF OTs for specific fighting games, as well as a list of non-GAF fighting game communities that may be of interest, check out the FGW Archive where these resources can be found on separate sheets at the bottom.

- - -

If you have any suggestions for the OP, please do not hesitate to post in this thread or (preferably) PM me to let me know.

fader

bringing this back into this thread.

here is an interesting twitter discussion

Random thought as I'm killing lunch hour hunting for MKX info on my laptop. Is the concept of "FGC" relevant/accurate now? Was it ever?
https://twitter.com/JayViscant/status/586619230042238976
What I mean by that. We aren't one community, we're 5-6 different communities that (occasionally) tolerate each other, with minimal overlap
https://twitter.com/JayViscant/status/586619281950937088
And yeah SF4 is the biggest and the loudest. But I'm surprised at how outwardly hostile they are towards all things not SF4 esp. Smash/NRS
https://twitter.com/JayViscant/status/586619465468547072
Maybe it always was like this. Hasn't "Marvel player" been an insult since 1997? Even in the old days SF/Tekken/anime had minimal overlap
https://twitter.com/JayViscant/status/586619652337373184
We're obviously better off than FPS/MOBA communities who are extra hostile towards different games. But not by much. Not anymoe.
https://twitter.com/JayViscant/status/586619942268600320
I guess I shouldn't be SURPRISED then at how resistant some parts of our scene are to new games. But I'm a little disappointed anyways.
https://twitter.com/JayViscant/status/586620018319695872
@JayViscant I had a conversation recently with @AvoidThePuddle about FGC and players like us, Justin, Ricky, Chris G, etc are rare breeds.
https://twitter.com/AlexValleSF4/status/586676681340891136
I'm guessing the above is a sequel to this...
People should play what they want whether it has critical approval or not. The Capcom FGC is coming dangerously close to SF4 only in places.
https://twitter.com/JayViscant/status/517044761127968768
If anything the current FGC is a fascinating study in social media and perception. I said it during my UFGT panel but I'll say it again.
https://twitter.com/JayViscant/status/517045892889604097
Stream monsters killed SFxT, not the players. Complaining on streams and forums damaged the game's longevity more than any gameplay issue
https://twitter.com/JayViscant/status/517046120791302144
@JayViscant Ah, the power of the mob mind, as smart as it's dumbest member :/
https://twitter.com/KaneBlueriverCL/status/517046287678844928
And in Marvel right now the "lol ded gaem" meme has shaped perception even though participation is still strong. Who truly holds the power?
https://twitter.com/JayViscant/status/517046296893333504
Play the games you have the most fun with. #fgc101
https://twitter.com/brokentier/status/517048795092488192
There’s nothing wrong with playing ANY game. Everyone has their preference, and at the end of the day it’s important to show respect to all.
https://twitter.com/brokentier/status/517049376896593920
when did we start playing fighting games to entertain people on the internet? fuck
https://twitter.com/koogyplz/status/517051574724476930
"marvel is a dumb ez mode game pick vergil and win" - dumb motherfucker 2014
https://twitter.com/honzogonzo/status/517050965275324418

Kumubou

I've always thought that the idea of a unified FGC was a joke, and it's always been that way. If anything, it's always been a loose confederation of smaller communities that organize together in certain circumstances for the convenience of everyone involved. I remember the hate I would see online for playing GGXX or SSBM way back when too real.

However, there was more crossover in the bad old days, due to the nature of arcades. If you were primarily a MvC2 player or a 3S player or whatever, you would at least give something like TTT or GGXX a look, because you didn't have anything else to do while waiting in line for your next game in MvC2. And events would host all of those games because they all had to be run out of an arcade anyway. The current structure really stems from that legacy, imo.

A side note regarding Skullgirls: I think there are real cultural differences between their community and other anime FGs. If nothing else, I'm on the IRC server where #skullgirls is hosted and there have been a lot of personality clashes I saw, especially when they first started. It doesn't really happen now, but conversely there is also very little crossover with the other channels.

petghost

Banned
I was wondering how the fgc measures up in viewership/attendence etc. To esports games that aren't lol or dota. How big is the average cod or heathstone or whatever tournament.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A few things;

1) I need someone to do the spotlight for next week, so volunteer or nominate someone else in highlighted text, preferably, in the next 24 hours. You can do so using [HIGHLIGHT*][/HIGHLIGHT*] tags, without the asterisk.

2) Is this still correct? Do any of these need to be updated?
Code:
04/14  Mortal Kombat X
SUMMER BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
2015   Rivals of Aether
2015   Skullgirls Encore
TBD    Beast's Fury
TBD    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
TBD    Next The King Of Fighters Title (tentative)
TBD    Pokken Tournament
TBD    Rise of Incarnates
TBD    Street Fighter V
TBD    Tekken 7
TBD    Tekken X Street Fighter
TBD    Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm
TBD    Yatagarasu: Legend of Raven

Where's da interview?
Gorilla didn't PM me back. Gave him the usual reminder PM too
rTnN9yp.png
Was busy today so I couldn't scramble for a last minute spotlight (and would rather not, TBH).

Why's it say MKX releases the 15th?
I think it was original quoted as the week-of the 15th. Fixed now.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Dat double fatality with the thread title and banner enzo

EbtsywJ.gif

Edit:

I nominate Mike Breezy or Osu 16 Bit, both are probably more qualified to do a interview since its NRS week on FGW. Sorry if I couldn't remember anybody else.

Dahbomb

I was wondering how the fgc measures up in viewership/attendence etc. To esports games that aren't lol or dota. How big is the average cod or heathstone or whatever tournament.
Hearthstone and CS are both much bigger than the FGC in terms of viewership.

There was a Hearthstone tournament this weekend that was pulling in like 80K viewers and that was casted out of some guy's house.

Both these two games are also consistently in the top 5 most viewed games on Twitch daily where as for the biggest FG (USF4) to get into top 5 it has to at least be a major.

As far as "attendance" goes, these games don't have the same type of open tournaments as the FGC does. They have online qualifiers to get into the various tournaments and for non Hearthstone games it's actually very tough. For Hearthstone if you can get high Legendary ranks you can usually quality for events which isn't that hard compared to other games.

Kumubou

There was a Hearthstone tournament this weekend that was pulling in like 80K viewers and that was casted out of some guy's house.

Both these two games are also consistently in the top 5 most viewed games on Twitch daily where as for the biggest FG (USF4) to get into top 5 it has to at least be a major.
I think a lot of that has to do with just how awful playing fighting games online are. FG events can be competitive with tournaments from other games, but there aren't any FG streamers that can play online and pull in 10k+ viewers on the regular. I also don't think it has to do with personalities at all (that's hardly an issue for the greater FGC in general -- if anything, there might be more interesting personalities out of the playerbase (on a per capita basis) than anywhere else). It has to do with the fact that the online play sucks, ends up playing fundamentally differently and no one (top players or otherwise) takes it seriously. The idea that online tournaments are completely meaningless would not fly with any other competitive game in this day and age.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

As far as "attendance" goes, these games don't have the same type of open tournaments as the FGC does. They have online qualifiers to get into the various tournaments and for non Hearthstone games it's actually very tough. For Hearthstone if you can get high Legendary ranks you can usually quality for events which isn't that hard compared to other games.

This should get more use, we need two new ones for CS:GO and Hearthstone. Gotta get back in that Hearthstone vortex, game is too much fun.

iUTZfv0gzNZ0d.png

Dahbomb

I think a lot of that has to do with just how awful playing fighting games online are. FG events can be competitive with tournaments from other games, but there aren't any FG streamers that can play online and pull in 10k+ viewers on the regular. I also don't think it has to do with personalities at all (that's hardly an issue for the greater FGC in general -- if anything, there might be more interesting personalities out of the playerbase (on a per capita basis) than anywhere else). It has to do with the fact that the online play sucks, ends up playing fundamentally differently and no one (top players or otherwise) takes it seriously. The idea that online tournaments are completely meaningless would not fly with any other competitive game in this day and age.
Exactly why these companies need to repeatedly be put on blast for having crappy netcodes.

Dahbomb

This should get more use, we need two new ones for CS:GO and Hearthstone. Gotta get back in that Hearthstone vortex, game is too much fun.

iUTZfv0gzNZ0d.png
There's no getting back into Hearthstone, it's a casual game you play for the dailies.

And that image meme is pretty terrible.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Exactly why these companies need to repeatedly be put on blast for having crappy netcodes.

They have been and it hasn't resulted in much. Capcom is starting to pick up on it with how Ono is talking about how SFV's netcode is shaping up. I just can't understand why they wouldn't put effort into a good netcode, its importants and helps extend a game's longevity.

There's no getting back into Hearthstone, it's a casual game you play for the dailies.

And that image meme is pretty terrible.

jbxDLj8qgjnnyA.png

The Light

I think i may be getting mk on pc if i jump on that alienware deal. Even then i won't be able to play it until next week :/

People actually took the unified FGC idea seriously? We've always been more of a collection loosely tied to one another.
It helps to actually reward developers and publishers who actually put in effort. You know about that whole positive reinforcement shtick. Not enough of us practice it, though...

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
People actually took the unified FGC idea seriously? We've always been more of a collection loosely tied to one another.

I find it funny when people think the FGC is some unified force. Hell, if the Smash community has issues with bridging the gaps with Smash 64, Melee, Brawl and Sm4sh players, what luck are communities gonna have bridging the gaps between completely different fighting games? I don't mean to sound pessimistic but that's the reality of the situation. People are curbing this behavior now which is a good thing but it'll always rear its ugly head in when it see's an opening.

Kumubou

They have been and it hasn't resulted in much. Capcom is starting to pick up on it with how Ono is talking about how SFV's netcode is shaping up. I just can't understand why they wouldn't put effort into a good netcode, its importants and helps extend a game's longevity.
Well, if they're using the typical AAAAAAAAA retail game model for their releases, the online code being awful doesn't affect much, since there's no real long tail planned and by the time everyone realizes the online modes suck, the games have been sold. Now, if it was really treated as a Games as a Service model, the functionality and performance of the online modes starts being way more important since that model requires much longer buy-in from the players. The issue here is that the only games to really attempt this so far are the new Killer Instinct and Tekken Revolution (and surprise, they both play very well online).

Zissou

bringing this back into this thread.

I wonder how much of SF4's popularity among stream monsters stems from it being the only game they ever played much- it's a lot more enjoyable to watch stuff when you have some idea about what's going on. That and it's slow pace make the game more suited to being explained by commentators as it's being played.

Dahbomb

To be fair the FGC is for more unified and heterogenous than any other competitive comminity. Despite being very similar games, there is such animosity between fans/players of DOTA 2 and LoL. It's a massive e-penis swinging contest.

Mr. X

My favorite poster Pertho once typed this:

The FGC does not exist as it is portrayed by commentators and the comments of some members of the community; it certainly does not exist in the way it is portrayed in the general video game media. The way FGC gets used is as much a blanket statement as saying using the word Indians to refer to all the native peoples which were here before the European migration to the Americas. The communities which are referred to as the FGC are the adaptation and transition of various groups which shared a common gathering place at arcades. They were all the same genre; but the people who continually played those games created cultures for each of them. In a very real sense, every time a new fighting game gets released a brand new community gets created. The one thing that these groups have in common is the near complete loss of their gathering place.

It's an IMO great post from 3 years ago. Source.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
For the most part, I agree with Viscant, but it's nothing we haven't heard year after year after year. Kind of applies to gamers in general. Gamers are super fucking passionate about this hobby and will e-fight you over opinion, and the same goes for the FGC. Yeah we all like to troll and stuff but not everyone is carefree about it, and there is a serious political element to it. If x game doesn't get y love that z thinks it deserves, the subtweeting comes out, people run to other communities/threads to be with like minded individuals, etc.

I kind of warmed up to the idea of [smaller] tournaments taking more of a game-specific turn as we saw more and more of anime players lashing out at larger communities. There's this everpresent notion that Capcom/big games bring in the crowd and having smaller games being played concurrently helps spread the word and make the FGC tighter, but when/if don't bring in numbers or there is some other discrepancy between bigger and smaller communities, people get mad and relationships get strained.

Another thing is that it seems a lot of viewers (and players, I'm guessing) seem to only care about a few games at once. I find those reddit stream schedule charts to be horrendous at trying to show me what I should watch when, but it seems people love it when they can look for the logo they care about and just block that part of the schedule out. That's really what I think it comes down to, people have way more nuanced preferences in a genre that forces you to care about every little detail, and would rather associate/play/spectate at that level of specificity.

welp, time to rename FGC-GAF

My favorite poster Pertho once typed this:

It's an IMO great post from 3 years ago. Source.
This is pretty apt.

It helps to actually reward developers and publishers who actually put in effort. You know about that whole positive reinforcement shtick. Not enough of us practice it, though...

Band together for Evo, fuck off for the rest of the year

That's basically how it seems

I find it funny when people think the FGC is some unified force. Hell, if the Smash community has issues with bridging the gaps with Smash 64, Melee, Brawl and Sm4sh players, what luck are communities gonna have bridging the gaps between completely different fighting games? I don't mean to sound pessimistic but that's the reality of the situation. People are curbing this behavior now which is a good thing but it'll always rear its ugly head in when it see's an opening.
There are only two games I consider perfect (as close to perfect as human-made games get anyways). Melee and RE4 are the two. It took Melee more than a decade to become accepted and this was without the dreaded stream monster scapegoat. Smaller games got no chance.
I wonder how much of SF4's popularity among stream monsters stems from it being the only game they ever played much- it's a lot more enjoyable to watch stuff when you have some idea about what's going on. That and it's slow pace make the game more suited to being explained by commentators as it's being played.
That and their previous fighting game experience probably being Smash or earlier Street Fighters.
Band together for Evo, fuck off for the rest of the year

That's basically how it seems
Looking forward to watching this year. Overall I'm pretty indifferent to lineup speculation at this point. Developers should focus on making fun and interesting fighters that have great online and don't break the bank. It'll be better than trying to design a game for tournament play that may be just a pipe dream. Preferably we get more stuff on the PC to make up for the lack of anime.

I find it freaky that we still don't have a fighter that has broken a million on steam.

You mean compared to Marvel, which was only a popular watch among stream monsters for the deepest reasons.

A few things;

1) I need someone to do the spotlight for next week, so volunteer or nominate someone else in highlighted text, preferably, in the next 24 hours. You can do so using [HIGHLIGHT*][/HIGHLIGHT*] tags, without the asterisk.

I'll do it.

I feel like people need to hear me ramble about the FGC versus MTG.

Top Bottom